F1 2024 (2 Viewers)

Paul Anthony

The exposed carbon looks has been so over done last few years. Maybe F1 should have a rule that x amount of the car has to be painted

I agree, I understand they all want to save weight but there's got to be a better way. All this bare carbon is just so bland and uninspiring.

Meanwhile, WEC has a grid full of really bright, vivid liveries.

SkyBlueSoul

Even the sandbagging/engine modes/fuel level caveats can't cover up how good that looked. Running 140+ laps with seemingly no issues is ominous as well.

My main worry is that Red Bull get 1-2 for the first 10 races or so while Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes take points off each other behind them. Even if they eventually catch up and take some race wins after that it will probably be too late.

Saddlebrains

The only semblance of hope is Ferraris long run pace looks fast and stable instead of eating its tyres for a change

Paul Anthony

Apparently the inside view from engineers is Red Bull may be as much as a second ahead.

Yeah, if that's the case I think I'll come back when the new rules kick in.

Saddlebrains

Apparently the inside view from engineers is Red Bull may be as much as a second ahead.

Yeah, if that's the case I think I'll come back when the new rules kick in.

If so then I really do think that will be me

At least when Merc were that far ahead at the start of the turbo hybrid era Rosberg and Hamilton were neck and neck

Perez will be left floundering again and Max on a Sunday stroll

I've just stuck £20 on Red Bull to win all 24

Paul Anthony

If so then I really do think that will be me

At least when Merc were that far ahead at the start of the turbo hybrid era Rosberg and Hamilton were neck and neck

Perez will be left floundering again and Max on a Sunday stroll

I've just stuck £20 on Red Bull to win all 24

Think a lot of people would be in that boat as well.

Hopefully it's just engineer talk, teams downplaying their chances ahead of the season, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it was genuine. If it is, I think it's going to be a massive shock to the likes of Liberty, especially if the tv audiences start towards a steep downward trend.

Saddlebrains

Hopefully it's just engineer talk, teams downplaying their chances ahead of the season, but it really wouldn't surprise me if it was genuine. If it is, I think it's going to be a massive shock to the likes of Liberty, especially if the tv audiences start towards a steep downward trend.

Ferrari seem to be the only ones anywhere near RB in race pace. Their race pace looked very impressive today. Lets hope so

NorthernWisdom

Where a budget cap and fixing rules in place is a really bad idea - restricts teams' ability to catch up, and if you don't change the regs so it saves money, there's little chance of innovation from somewhere.

I mean, a budget cap not a bad idea in principle, but given it was supposed to be to help ensure a full grid, they do their best to stop other teams joining said grid, and they're all owned by manufacturers anyway so it hasn't even allowed for teams like Williams to stay competitive.

SkyBlueSoul

I'll be tuning in for Bahrain (seeing as it's on a Saturday afternoon and we're not playing) and assess from that. McLaren being part of a 3-way fight for the podium behind RB will keep me interested for a few races at least I reckon.

Saddlebrains

I didnt see this coming

I know its only 2 practice sessions but Red Bull being half a second off Mercedes.....

Paul Anthony

I didnt see this coming

I know its only 2 practice sessions but Red Bull being half a second off Mercedes.....

Mercedes looks a completely different car to the last two years, much smoother. Rear traction definitely improved.

Not been the cleanest day for Red Bull, but I'll be shocked if there's not more in that car than they've shown today.

Frostie

Someones 100% got it in for Horner aint they

Wizard Of Oz Dog GIF

SkyBlueSoul

Someones 100% got it in for Horner aint they
There's supposedly a lot of paddock talk about Marko and Horner being at loggerheads since Mateschitz died, mainly because Mateschitz supported Horner and was almost a safety blanket. With him gone Marko is positioning himself for the top job.

Not saying it was him but if they're looking for someone with access to all the evidence and a motive...

Paul Anthony

There's supposedly a lot of paddock talk about Marko and Horner being at loggerheads since Mateschitz died, mainly because Mateschitz supported Horner and was almost a safety blanket. With him gone Marko is positioning himself for the top job.

Not saying it was him but if they're looking for someone with access to all the evidence and a motive...

I've also read that the original story was broken by a Verstappen source within the Dutch media, which seems to correlate with the whole power struggle theory.

I'm not saying I'd miss Horner if he were to jump/be pushed (hoist with his own petard?), but my god, the mere thought of Marko being the boss of that team is enough to make my blood boil. I already can't stand them and with THAT guy in charge, it's just a massive PR disaster waiting to happen.

Saddlebrains

I've also read that the original story was broken by a Verstappen source within the Dutch media, which seems to correlate with the whole power struggle theory.

I'm not saying I'd miss Horner if he were to jump/be pushed (hoist with his own petard?), but my god, the mere thought of Marko being the boss of that team is enough to make my blood boil. I already can't stand them and with THAT guy in charge, it's just a massive PR disaster waiting to happen.

Yep, open secret in the paddock apparently that it was Jos who leaked it to his mate at De Telegraaf in Holland....

SkyBlueSoul

I like the fact they've made DRS available after one lap, seemingly in response to Max only taking 2 laps to get more than 1 sec ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread