FA Cup 5th Round (3 Viewers)

SkyBlueDom26

By then we'll have played another four games, with only ten left to play, may be that we are so far clear of 5th that we can put out an almost full strength team.
Aren't you more likely to rest players as the league is more important? What did you do vs Brum?

God knows tbh, doubt we would rest players against Leicester as it would be a massive game... we played full strength vs Brum

We'll deffo make changes next Tuesday though, our squad looked leggy last night

Grendel

By then we'll have played another four games, with only ten left to play, may be that we are so far clear of 5th that we can put out an almost full strength team.
Aren't you more likely to rest players as the league is more important? What did you do vs Brum?

Robins tends to change very few players

I’d hope he makes changes for the replay - the only benefit of playing Leicester is financial - there’s at best a 1 in 100 chance of winning

shmmeee

Blimey what a bitter piece of 'journalism'.

Didn't you go into admin twice?
Have you paid of all your debts?

The Vichai foundation has given millions to local causes, must almost match the amount that Sisu have given. :woot:

All our debts are to our owners AFAIK. The entire admin points deduction is because of what you guys did TBF

shmmeee

If we beat Brum (which we won’t), we should put the kids out here. Completely pointless game only worth playing for the cash. Spending 90 mins chasing shadows won’t help any of our players.

Brighton Sky Blue

Blimey what a bitter piece of 'journalism'.

Didn't you go into admin twice?
Have you paid of all your debts?

The Vichai foundation has given millions to local causes, must almost match the amount that Sisu have given. :woot:

Millions is pocket change to them, they threw tens of millions down the drain to get promotion in the first place. Just be honest that you whored out to the highest bidder

hackneyfox

All our debts are to our owners AFAIK. The entire admin points deduction is because of what you guys did TBF
I meant debts to external firms you owed money to. Shame about the points deduction hitting other teams but it wouldn't have affected us anyway.

covcity4life

If we beat Brum (which we won’t), we should put the kids out here. Completely pointless game only worth playing for the cash. Spending 90 mins chasing shadows won’t help any of our players.
And people moan its the big clubs that ruin magic of fa cup

Im not saying play strongest team. Some rotation is ok. But not to the vital positions. If we get there lets give it our best and see how wide the gap is

hackneyfox

Millions is pocket change to them, they threw tens of millions down the drain to get promotion in the first place. Just be honest that you whored out to the highest bidder
What are you talking about? Whored ourselves to who?
Millions are also pocket change to a company like Sisu, what have they given to the community in co* except grief?

jealousy starting to show?

hackneyfox

Such a tory thing to say
Hardly, my point was that had we been deducted ten points we would still have been promoted, so there wouldn't have been a hit for us.
It just happens to be a fact, nothing to do with a selfish (tory) attitude.

Did local companies take a hit when you went into admin (twice)?

Brighton Sky Blue

What are you talking about? Whored ourselves to who?
Millions are also pocket change to a company like Sisu, what have they given to the community in co* except grief?

jealousy starting to show?

To Thai billionaires? It’s not like you’re the only ones far from it, but quit acting like it’s not down to their cash. SISU aren’t run by billionaires fella

Let’s give everyone a blank cheque and see how they fare.

Grendel

To Thai billionaires? It’s not like you’re the only ones far from it, but quit acting like it’s not down to their cash. SISU aren’t run by billionaires fella

Let’s give everyone a blank cheque and see how they fare.

Would you swap?

Corrado

I’ve never been a fan of Villa (not obsessed with hate for them like a lot on here and Facebook) but I was cheering them on last night after reading some of the comments from Leicester fans on twitter and that pleb Hackneyfox. They are my new pet hate. Fuck Leicester!

Sky Blue Harry H

Totally irrelevant, but had to smile at this photo on the Sunderland forum (Tranmere v Sunderland thread)

stock-photo-person-standing-in-natural-quicksand-river-clay-sediments-sinking-drowning-quick-sand-stuck-in-1426092977.jpg

Ring Of Steel

I would readily swap with them - you seemed to caveat it
no I wouldn’t swap, but because firstly I can’t imagine being sad enough to just want to swap places with another club, and it’s on the proviso that there is a happy ending for us and we keep heading up under Robins, because working our way up slowly in the way we have/are as opposed to billionaire owner rocks up and instant success via the chequebook- that’s the proper way to do it. Can’t be the same when someone shows up and buys everything for you as opposed to organically, the ups and downs, the heartache and ultimately the satisfaction that we did it the ‘right’ way.

And I know you’ll disagree and say Robins wouldn’t cut it in the Championship, the Ricoh is a morgue, moan, complain, negativity blah blah blah, but here’s a radical idea- I love the fact that we’re slowly turning it around and I’m excited about the future, and if we had more thinking the same way as opposed to only showing up for the ‘big days out’ then our problems would be over a lot faster. It ain’t 2017 anymore, we’re on the up & everyone should forget the protests, get behind them, build more serious momentum & see what could happen.

I need a drink

PUSB

Brighton Sky Blue

no I wouldn’t swap, but because firstly I can’t imagine being sad enough to just want to swap places with another club, and it’s on the proviso that there is a happy ending for us and we keep heading up under Robins, because working our way up slowly in the way we have/are as opposed to billionaire owner rocks up and instant success via the chequebook- that’s the proper way to do it. Can’t be the same when someone shows up and buys everything for you as opposed to organically, the ups and downs, the heartache and ultimately the satisfaction that we did it the ‘right’ way.

And I know you’ll disagree and say Robins wouldn’t cut it in the Championship, the Ricoh is a morgue, moan, complain, negativity blah blah blah, but here’s a radical idea- I love the fact that we’re slowly turning it around and I’m excited about the future, and if we had more thinking the same way as opposed to only showing up for the ‘big days out’ then our problems would be over a lot faster. It ain’t 2017 anymore, we’re on the up & everyone should forget the protests, get behind them, build more serious momentum & see what could happen.

I need a drink

PUSB

Agree with the sentiment but for 20 years we have languished in increasingly awful leagues hindered by off field shenanigans. If somebody offered an immediate ticket out of that I doubt many would refuse-will never happen granted

Ring Of Steel

Agree with the sentiment but for 20 years we have languished in increasingly awful leagues hindered by off field shenanigans. If somebody offered an immediate ticket out of that I doubt many would refuse-will never happen granted

I get that. Always the optimist though and I put all this down to paying our dues, character building etc :)

Anyway when we get back up it’s unlikely that anyone will take it for granted as most of our support did for many years before relegation happened.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

I get that. Always he optimist though and I put all this down to paying our dues, character building etc :)

Anyway when we get back up it’s unlikely that anyone will take it for granted as most of our support did for many years before relegation happened.

I'd be willing to bet it'll be decades before we get back to the top flight without a tycoon or at least someone with more money than sense. Happy to be wrong though

Users who are viewing this thread