FA CUP FINAL 2023 (1 Viewer)

SBT

Why was anyone whinging about the handball?
Because it was an innocuous and accidental act which didn't have any bearing on the passage of play and was noticed by only a handful of people inside the stadium, but got turned into a penalty and the main talking point of the game thanks to our saviour VAR.

SBT

Going by some of the previous posts we've had about Hillsborough in recent months, it could well have been some very well known posters on here.

Terry Gibson's perm

It's the sort of embarrassing plea for acceptance you'd usually get from these out of town morons. Liverpool have got more than their own fair share.

When you see stupidity like he has done you have to be pleased he chose another side to support and not us.

Otis

Because it was an innocuous and accidental act which didn't have any bearing on the passage of play and was noticed by only a handful of people inside the stadium, but got turned into a penalty and the main talking point of the game thanks to our saviour VAR.
The fact that pretty much no-one reacted or appealed, tells you everything you need to know about why the law is an ass.

David O'Day

The laws say it was a handball, as I have said VAR has to give it as it is a pen according to the laws.

You can argue that the law is wrong but that is a different conversation.

wingy

It sounds like it will softened next season,the rule that is, like they have to backtrack on the apparent harshness on their ever changing rules

SBT

The laws say it was a handball, as I have said VAR has to give it as it is a pen according to the laws.

You can argue that the law is wrong but that is a different conversation.
Well the question was why are people whinging - my answer is pretty self-explanatory, and yes, the law is clearly OTT and I believe is being reviewed for future seasons.

Sadly the insistence on using VAR means that strict enforcement of dumb laws like these now take centre stage in almost every big game, regardless of whether they actually impact on play, and much to the delight of TV pundits and armchair fans everywhere. No wonder refs are getting it in the neck more and more.

Users who are viewing this thread