FA cup replay (1 Viewer)

ccfc1234

Disappointing not to win but as some have said were still in the cup and vs the league games this absolutely was the one to draw. Does anyone have any ideas when replays might be for the 4th round? Looking at the fixtures it looks like they might have to move one of our midweek league games to make it work. I am thinking that could well be Plymouth away and don't want to book trains etc. if that might happen.

pusbccfc

Plymouth won't be moved. It will be the week before.

ccfc1234

My guess would be 6/7th Feb. We've got no midweek game and that's still 3 weeks before the 5th round. Millwall game is on the Sunday that week as well so there's space for it.
Makes sense, just throught a week on Tuesday might be a bit soon but I guess if the club's agree, it can happen.

rexo87

Makes sense, just throught a week on Tuesday might be a bit soon but I guess if the club's agree, it can happen.

Don’t think the clubs even have to agree - down to the FA. They also need enough time to get tickets on sale for the 5th round which is weekend of 27th Feb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mucca Mad Boys

I’m actually sick and tired off playing Sheffield Wednesday 4 times we’ve played them this season go away Sheffield Wednesday do one

6 points from 6. I’d be more than happy to play them every week. I’m happy to see the back of Hillsborough for a few months now.

After seeing the improvement under Rohl, Wednesday have got a decent chance of survival now.

Johhny Blue

That’s good. They’re likely to put a very youthful side out for that only 3 days before Brum. We then don’t play til the Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So there is a silver lining to losing all those Saturday games

Brighton Sky Blue

Annoying to have to play them again when we had plenty of chances to put the game away, but there’s a bit of a lesson in that. Hopefully a good 5th round draw but pity that will be another midweek game if we reach it.

SBbucks

All cup replays are that week. Always have been 10 days after the original date

Agree, I’m not sure why there’s even debate. Its the same every year, approximately 10 days after the original tie and has been for a very long time (although some of us can probably remember the dark ages when it was always 3 or 4 days after).
Not surprisingly, they don’t schedule league matches in the 6th/7th Feb slot.
As others have said, it will most likely be Tuesday 6th as SW play on the 9th (Friday night).

Last edited:

covcity4life

Agree, I’m not sure why there’s even debate. Its the same every year, approximately 10 days after the original tie and has been for a very long time (although some of us can probably remember the dark ages when it was always 3 or 4 days after).
Not surprisingly, they don’t schedule league matches in the 6th/7th Feb slot.
It will most likely be Tuesday 6th as SW play on the 9th (Friday night).
Dark ages??? It was so much better when replay was few days later. More intensity and bad blood etc

This Palmer issue actually gives this tie a bit of that old school feel

SBbucks

Dark ages??? It was so much better when replay was few days later. More intensity and bad blood etc

This Palmer issue actually gives this tie a bit of that old school feel

Totally agree, but it left very little time for anyone to plan it and ultimately I think the influence of the police stopped it as they couldn’t get organised in time. Ticketing and logistics was always a problem (especially if the replay was away from home) but we seemed to manage somehow. And it did make rematches very tasty!
As an aside, we’re probably only a few seasons away from the end of all replays in the cup competitions, the wind is definitely blowing in that direction.

Johhny Blue

Totally agree, but it left very little time for anyone to plan it and ultimately I think the influence of the police stopped it as they couldn’t get organised in time. Ticketing and logistics was always a problem (especially if the replay was away from home) but we seemed to manage somehow. And it did make rematches very tasty!
As an aside, we’re probably only a few seasons away from the end of all replays in the cup competitions, the wind is definitely blowing in that direction.
It’s ironic that the ticketing only became an issue in the computer age

SBbucks

It’s ironic that the ticketing only became an issue in the computer age

Manual ticketing for immediate replays was fine for those who could queue (or find someone to queue) at the ticket office on the Monday morning, not so good for the many of us who didn’t live locally or couldn’t get away from work.
It clearly makes more sense the way it’s done now, both in timing of replays and the distribution of tickets. Computerised ticketing works absolutely fine 99.9% of the time.

Brighton Sky Blue

Manual ticketing for immediate replays was fine for those who could queue (or find someone to queue) at the ticket office on the Monday morning, not so good for the many of us who didn’t live locally or couldn’t get away from work.
It clearly makes more sense the way it’s done now, both in timing of replays and the distribution of tickets. Computerised ticketing works absolutely fine 99.9% of the time.
Still not easy for those who work though

Sbarcher

Queued for 9 hrs for the Cup game up at Everton. Got to the front of the queue only to be told the tickets have now sold out.

SkyBlueSoul

Hopefully a good 5th round draw but pity that will be another midweek game if we reach it.
I think getting a good draw will help focus the minds of fans a bit too, everyone's got Sheff Weds fatigue atm. If we knew getting through meant getting Man City away, I think it'd add a few more to the gate and help the atmosphere.

pusbccfc

It's annoying for Robins and the players but it's another game that will likely have 15,000+ (yes, I know it's shared and tickets will be cheap) and it's a small addition to the income.

May even be televised.

Brylowes

They had no choice but to schedule replays within days of the tie back then as a tie could potentially need multiple replays before it’s conclusion.

Brylowes

They had no choice but to schedule replays within days of the tie back then as a tie could potentially need multiple replays before it’s conclusion.
Thinking about it, I’m sure the only semi final to be played at Highfield Rd was a third replay, Arsenal 1 v 0 Liverpool late 1970s.
I think my dad went.

Users who are viewing this thread