FA Cup Semi Final Draw (1 Viewer)

Macca

I’m not surprised they didn’t lead the program with a game that was already >24 hours old

Luckily there is apparently a long-standing vendetta against us on the BBC that spans various administrations so you may well get your wish for the semi final

Let’s be honest, outside of Coventry what does the average viewer want to see

skybluelee

Let’s be honest, outside of Coventry what does the average viewer want to see
I'd argue our game. 99% of football fans other than Man U supporters will want us to win, and what a story if it happens.

Fuck me, Chelsea v Man City. They play each other 2/3 times every season.

San Francisco

Now we have Utd, surely we have to bin off ‘we’ll live and die’ and it’s sang by a Man Utd fan. Same applies to anything from the specials and that dork Grennan. Surely there will be outrage if Grennan gets a ticket over a genuine fan?

Grennan will give his ticket to that young Argentinian again surely.

SBbucks

I listened to the Lineker, Shearer and Mica Richard’s podcast today and they hinted that the bbc will have the choice of which semi final they will broadcast, they said they haven’t heard which one yet though!!

They didn’t hint it, Lineker confirmed it. ITV had first choice of 6th round ties so it’s BBC’s choice this time. They alternate first choice for each round with obviously both of them covering the final.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Careful - Crappybara,or whatever his name is,will be pulling out his 'sad old man' card just for playing FM
Old Man Dance GIF

Ashdown

Been looking at the 1987 4th round tie at Old Trafford, it really was David v Goliath that year when you look back at our line up and theres.
Their midfield had Olsen, Duxbury and Strachan and up front they had Gibson, Stapleton and Whiteside. Shit can happen 🙏

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

They didn’t hint it, Lineker confirmed it. ITV had first choice of 6th round ties so it’s BBC’s choice this time. They alternate first choice for each round with obviously both of them covering the final.

So it's ITV for us then.

SBbucks

So it's ITV for us then.

Difficult to tell. BBC might decide ours is the more interesting game and likely to attract a bigger neutral audience. As someone else said, you can watch Man City/Chelsea multiple times per season. Could go either way, and frankly who cares anyway, most of us won’t be watching it on TV.

Ashdown

Some pissed up 50 year old United fan took a swing at me outside the away end after, I ducked under it and he nearly fell over. I was only just 20 the daft prick.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Been looking at the 1987 4th round tie at Old Trafford, it really was David v Goliath that year when you look back at our line up and theres.
Their midfield had Olsen, Duxbury and Strachan and up front they had Gibson, Stapleton and Whiteside. Shit can happen 🙏
It wasnt a David v Goliath game at all that year. Man Utd weren't anything special at all . We had already shown to be a very good side and that ending up being proven. Shame we ended up lower in table than than we should of done down to fixture congestion. I hope the same doesn't happen this season.
I also went to the FA cup two seasons before we were fairly unlucky to lose 2-1 . Side note , Police threw out my friend from his seat above terracing PURELY so they could look down and monitor our other fans in lower terracing. I was sat next to Policeman for rest of the game,it was an ABSOLUTE DISGRACE.

We are doing really well but Its a totally different era now.

Last edited:

Hertsccfc

Their team wasn't that strong. Duxbury was mediocre and Olsen inconsistent and largely ineffective for them. Regis and Bennett were better than their strikers.

Irish Sky Blue

Apologies if this has been mentioned. I’ve just seen a fact about Man Utd stated in the magazine When Saturday Comes. Apparently the Utd squad at a cost of £1.21 billion are the most expensive group assembled in football ever anywhere in the world. (From a UEFA report).
Amazing that I think (and it seems that others do too) that if we play as we did against Wolves then we stand a chance.

SeaSeeEffCee

it obviously didn't happen haha
Yeah, the chance of drawing the exact same teams as real life 6 times and all in the correct order, especially when that includes drawing fucking Maidstone in the 5th round, must be like 100000/1 😂

Such a bizarre thing to lie about.

Users who are viewing this thread