FA Cup Thread: Examples Of Media Writing Us Off (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Headlines on Radio 5 Live this morning: Is Man Utd's name written on the Cup after yesterday's FA Cup Semi Final Draw?

Feel free to add other examples of media nonsense.

torchomatic

Ha, yeah saw that. Must be a South American thing.

Otis

Headlines on Radio 5 Live this morning: Is Man Utd's name written on the Cup after yesterday's FA Cup Semi Final Draw?

Don't need the media nonsense, we have enough nonsense on here.

Robins was being criticised on here as soon as the team was announced on Saturday, because he didn't pick O'Hare

Seems to me it was a masterstroke how MR set us up and Palmer had a very good game and then seeing O'Hare on against tired legs, worked out a treat.

I always think to myself, at least give them chance to take to the field and kick a ball in anger before believing the manager has got it all wrong.

ProfessorbyGrace

Wouldn't get this nonsense from Mark Lamarr

Terry Christian…the bloke who was so obnoxious and arrogant on Fantasy Football, with the chief of Channel 4 sat next to him (Michael Grade), that the latter soon after axed The Word.

I feel a Kevin Keegan moment brewing…

torchomatic

clint van damme

Why wouldn'they write us off?
they're a far bigger club with better players.
We're massive underdogs,which will make it all the more sweter when we k ock them our.

clint van damme

Terry Christian continues to be a complete embarrassment.

To be fair, when the Brexit debate was raging there was a remainer narrative about the UK car industry which was bollocks, (and as you know I was/am a remainer), and he engaged and listened to me when I said it was that sort of thing that lead to the project fear line form brexiteers

AJB1983

It’s just the arrogance of it. Not even acknowledging that it could happen. Even I was slightly nervous about Maidstone as we’d come off the back of a bad defeat, and it’s the cup, but knew we had enough really to see it through.

If Leicester had kept 11 players on the pitch yesterday they’d probably have beaten Chelsea the way it was going.
I think we are all realistic enough to acknowledge that Man Utd should win, but you never know.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Love how he winds Brexiteers up though.

To be fair, when the Brexit debate was raging there was a remainer narrative about the UK car industry which was bollocks, (and as you know I was/am a remainer), and he engaged and listened to me when I said it was that sort of thing that lead to the project fear line form brexiteers

Take this shit to the off topic chat chaps.

SeaSeeEffCee

Not writing us off but listening to the latest episode of the Totally Football Show and they started talking about how Everton will be kicking themselves because they ‘loaned out Ellis Simms to Coventry and they need a goalscorer’. Even doubled down and said ‘well we only started scoring recently which will be why they didn’t recall him’…

Flying Fokker

Didn't we (as a fanbase) completely write off Maidstone United after they'd just knocked out a better team than us in the previous round?

Are we now demanding everyone puts us on an even footing with Manchester United?

Of course we're being written off.
Some did. Not all. It was a chance worth grasping.

bigfatronssba

Didn't we (as a fanbase) completely write off Maidstone United after they'd just knocked out a better team than us in the previous round?

Are we now demanding everyone puts us on an even footing with Manchester United?

Of course we're being written off.

I think most of us acknowledged the risk of underestimating Maidstone.

I read a few comments from their fans basically saying how much respect we showed them by putting out a strong team and taking the fixture seriously

Grendel

I think most of us acknowledged the risk of underestimating Maidstone.

I read a few comments from their fans basically saying how much respect we showed them by putting out a strong team and taking the fixture seriously

Some were suggesting playing untried youngsters against them

Users who are viewing this thread