Fa cup tickets (12 Viewers)

theferret

I know however they structure the tiers and dates etc we will always complain but having the "General Sale" as late as the 11th April is pretty harsh. My pal is trying to fly over from Australia... but can't confirm he has a ticket until 11th... that's pretty wild and most folk abroad will be in this situation trying to arrange travel & hotels last minute.

Ideally they would have done the sales 2-3 days apart rather than 1 week... it cuts things quite close to the wire.

The length of the windows makes no sense. After today we'll barely sell another ticket for a week. By which time hotels, coaches, train tickets become harder to book or more expensive.

lacesoutdom

got tickets in my basket, spoken to ticket office, i cant buy tickets for my dad as he doesnt have 50points on his account. so ill have to try next week. gutted.

SkyBlueMatt

Not many have gone this morning, looks about half the upper tier still available.

I still think it was the right decision to only allow 1 per ST. The club has earned some extra cash by the demand for people getting points up to 50.

It would have been sold out by now but some might have missed out. Now they should increase ticket allowance to 2 before going to general.

Addi

Well I am one of those who have exactly 50 points - due to me living in Iceland and I am only getting the dreaded THIS EVENT IS NOT YET AVAILABLE TO YOU message :(
Wrote an email to the ticket office - got a reply 15 minutes later with "Please log out and try again I have given you the correct permissions to be able to purchase" and voilá, it worked.

Havent got a clue what the problem was!

Sick Boy

Not sure why everyone thought it would be touch and go for tickets in this sales window. On top of the 19,000 ST holders, realistically how many people have over 50pts? I’d hazard a guess around 5000 if that.

As per usual, I’m right again (see my earlier comments in this thread when the sales windows were announced) and everyone else is wrong. I fear we may be in the embarrassing position where we can’t even shift all the tickets once they hit the 3rd and final sales window. I wonder if the club will allow season ticket holders to buy an extra ticket if that happens?
I'd be very surprised if they're not quickly sold out once on general sale.

Reactions: AOM

mark82

Not sure why everyone thought it would be touch and go for tickets in this sales window. On top of the 19,000 ST holders, realistically how many people have over 50pts? I’d hazard a guess around 5000 if that.

As per usual, I’m right again (see my earlier comments in this thread when the sales windows were announced) and everyone else is wrong. I fear we may be in the embarrassing position where we can’t even shift all the tickets once they hit the 3rd and final sales window. I wonder if the club will allow season ticket holders to buy an extra ticket if that happens?
Got to be at least 40k with a purchase history. We've taken over that to Wembley in the past.

McLovin87

Possibly, there are many season ticket holders who would’ve liked to take their kids or partners who are also probably Coventry fans. The problem is now the season ticket holders will have already bought their tickets so if they buy more for partners or children they won’t be sitting together so won’t bother. One per season ticket holder has left more available than for the play-off final with Luton
Maybe the club could have let Season ticket holders above certain loyalty points get 2 then the rest of the season ticket holders 1, they have the exact numbers to hand in each group: Season Ticket Holders, 50+ & Purchase History. How far does Purchase History go back, people may have moved away from the area, died or started supporting Man City over the last few years.

If they've played it right, the amount with Purchase History should roughly match the seats left after the 50+ group have bought theirs today, I can't see many more 50+ tickets being sold between today & next Thursday.

Joy Division

I’m just thinking of all the factors:

- Shit date
- Shit trains
- London marathon
- No option to buy two tickets together on one supporter number and people won’t fancy being sat by themselves
- Late sales window meaning less time to organise/book travel - will probably put a few off

I still think we’ll sell out, but I wouldn’t be overly surprised if we didn’t. Neither Sheff Utd or Man City sold out their semi-final allocation last year.
Add on the fact that this is our 4th Wembley visit in a matter of a few years. It's not a novelty for some fans anymore.

PVA

There is about 10 people who I have bought Wembley tickets for in the past using my extra tickets who would have came to this game too, but because I couldn’t get them one they aren’t bothering because they don’t fancy being sat up in the gods by themselves. Some of them don’t have a supporter number either because I’ve always bought their tickets for them. There will be thousands in the same boat.

Being sat 'in the gods' is fine. The view is still good and the atmosphere is no different so if that's enough reason for them not to attend then clearly they aren't really fans.

shepardo01

But that was for people who dont usually go no?

6 per ST for Checkatrade
4 per ST L2 Final
2 per ST last year

Lot of them who went to Wembley for any of them would not have an account
Yep, for all of those, I was getting tickets for lots of other people! Not so this time around as not the ability to do so. Think that this "window" will be the lowest selling out of the three.

David O'Day

Anyone who thinks this is going on General sale is talking nonsense, you'll see loads go over the next day and weekened and then the previous purchase history window will clean it up.

RegTheDonk

Not many have gone this morning, looks about half the upper tier still available.

I still think it was the right decision to only allow 1 per ST. The club has earned some extra cash by the demand for people getting points up to 50.

It would have been sold out by now but some might have missed out. Now they should increase ticket allowance to 2 before going to general.
Are those who have a ST and already brought a ticket during their eligible period now able to buy a second ticket as they have over 50 points?

hamertime

Maybe the club could have let Season ticket holders above certain loyalty points get 2 then the rest of the season ticket holders 1, they have the exact numbers to hand in each group: Season Ticket Holders, 50+ & Purchase History. How far does Purchase History go back, people may have moved away from the area, died or started supporting Man City over the last few years.

If they've played it right, the amount with Purchase History should roughly match the seats left after the 50+ group have bought theirs today, I can't see many more 50+ tickets being sold between today & next Thursday.
My wife has purchase history 30 points, I’m on 1100 points. She wanted to come but doesn’t want to now as she can’t sit next to me. I’m not bitter but they could have let some season ticket holders have 2 as there will now be tickets going to people with just an account.

McLovin87

But that was for people who dont usually go no?

6 per ST for Checkatrade
4 per ST L2 Final
2 per ST last year

Lot of them who went to Wembley for any of them would not have an account
I went to all these games as a Season Ticket holder, forgot about these allocations, 6 & 4 per ST is mental but I supposed it reflects the fanbase at these particular times!

Users who are viewing this thread