Fair play to Thorn (1 Viewer)

Lloyd

His correct response was to deliver that frustration to the Board throughout the season

And/or resign if necessary.

Anyone in that position of responsibility needs to show unity and dignity in public, not whinge like a child
He has done all season, he's even shielded his players and not blamed any one player bar bigi (which I think he went too far). But I guess he's scrutinised if he does and if he doesnt, hell even fans wanted him gone even if he did keep us up... I just don't understand our fans

Stoppercurtis

Views will always vary on a managers performance. In the end you have to say any manager that kept us up with all luggage this manager had to carry would have been deemed a miricle worker.

Stopper

WestEndAgro

Thorn is a miricle worker, we are not down yet, and may even take the fight into the last game. With the resources, depth and quality of the squad available, it is a minor miracle that we still have a pulse.

why say now ?

too late :facepalm:
maybe to divert the rubbish from last night

millwall manager looked more up for it then thorn , he was giving his players plenty of motivavtion whereas thorn just sat there

mememe

I don't think thorn was right to complain last night. Any normal manager would have walked as soon as the promises were reneiged upon.

You can't stay in the job and keep your moan for 4 months and only let it out when your team go down.

Saying that he is only telling us what we all knew. I think he knows his time is up too.

Nick

Administrator
If he is in such a bad position then why hasn't he walked?

Is it because he knows he wouldn't get another managers job? I don't know.

I know if I was in a job giving me health issues, my bosses were treating me like dirt and I hated it so much etc I would leave and find another one...

O

odysseus

AT came close to saving us from relegation. Remember 2 weeks ago we got ourselves out of the relegation zone. If he had achieved that with the limited resources at his disposal we would all be singing his praised now.

AT has the makings of a good manager. The club should stick by him in my opinion. SISU are to blame for our demise. They haven't allowed him to do his job. I have an awful lot of sympathy for the guy. He must be so fustrated.

covcity4life

fair play?

pretend sisu are great then when were down have a go

kinda gutless really

manager and board have no backbone,hurting the club

TommyAtkins

AT came close to saving us from relegation. Remember 2 weeks ago we got ourselves out of the relegation zone. If he had achieved that with the limited resources at his disposal we would all be singing his praised now.

AT has the makings of a good manager. The club should stick by him in my opinion. SISU are to blame for our demise. They haven't allowed him to do his job. I have an awful lot of sympathy for the guy. He must be so fustrated.

of couse they have allowed him to do his job.

They have given him the resources that are all this club can afford.

Where do you expect the money to come from?

Nick

Administrator

The thing is how has he proved he has the making of a good manager? Talen Spotter / Scout then yes, but that is different to being a manager.

If he is so frustrated why has he not worked?

Nonleagueherewecome

Did I say I didn't fault the board???

Also if u get free offers from people to help u give advise or play for u and u say no, u don't help ur self!!! If you want to know I blame Ken the orange knobhead for the crap nature he did in running the club last summer!!! Thorn was the 2nd problem, and what he said last night just summed him up!!!

I'd take no help from anybody over letting Bobby Gould in my bloody dressing room! Not sure that Marcus has anything whatsoever to offer after hearing his incisive "I'm from Cov, me, GOOD, INNIT?" match analysis on CWR.

Nonleagueherewecome

you prefer "well pick ourselves up and go again" then?

I don't see what any has-been has to offer, no. You don't know what Thorn says in the dressing room, but I wouldn't want a bitter ex-player who never played like he had a football brain (nor has any coaching experience) and a mad man from the 80's who loved long ball in there; I can't see what improvement they'd have offered.

And BTW Thorn did moan previously, you know. The comments last night weren't the first-what he said last time was much stronger.

Lloyd

If he is in such a bad position then why hasn't he walked?

Is it because he knows he wouldn't get another managers job? I don't know.

I know if I was in a job giving me health issues, my bosses were treating me like dirt and I hated it so much etc I would leave and find another one...
then maybe you don't have what it takes to be a leader or a football manager. Leaders take the strain regardless, he cares for the club, he's been here for years. but he finally had enough, theres only so much you can do, so much you can take before it breaks you. and fans like mumford crying out for his head without viable replacements who would probably do no better, has not helped our cause.

IT NEVER HAS.

CovLis86

He knows now that he probably wont be offered a new lucrative contract as manager next year, so he can drop the 3rd wall and speak his mind. He quite possibly however does have a contract still in place as Coventry scout, so he does not wish to walk away from that. End of the day, the man still needs an income.

covcity4life

thorn should be sucking sisus dick though?

he wouldnt have a job otherwise,should be gratefull

btw i dont want hall either,just can see that thorn isnt some messiah

wheres our lambert? or adkins? is it a current L1 manager we need? Lee clarke? maybe carsley promoted? maybe thorn for another year?

its annoying as we cant have these discussions till we know who our owners will be

Nonleagueherewecome

Would you want to suck the dick of someone who's been fucking you hard in the bottom? Thought not!

Nick

Administrator
then maybe you don't have what it takes to be a leader or a football manager. Leaders take the strain regardless, he cares for the club, he's been here for years. but he finally had enough, theres only so much you can do, so much you can take before it breaks you. and fans like mumford crying out for his head without viable replacements who would probably do no better, has not helped our cause.

IT NEVER HAS.

Or if I knew I was that good at my job I could just walk out into another job before it made me ill....

I am not calling for his head, slagging him off as a person but purely as CCFC manager.

Lloyd

Or if I knew I was that good at my job I could just walk out into another job before it made me ill....

I am not calling for his head, slagging him off as a person but purely as CCFC manager.

he has made bad decisions, granted, but some things have been way out of his control. as crazy as it sounds, some people actually like the company we work for, regardless of the strain it puts on us...

Mary_Mungo_Midge

he wouldnt have a job otherwise,should be gratefull

btw i dont want hall either,just can see that thorn isnt some messiah

wheres our lambert? or adkins? is it a current L1 manager we need? Lee clarke? maybe carsley promoted? maybe thorn for another year?

its annoying as we cant have these discussions till we know who our owners will be

Funny you should mention Lambert. Sacked from his first managerial role after turning in a 15% win-ratio in his first 32 games in charge. Thorn's is currently at just over 22%.

Still, Thorn, eh? Stupid, clueless, fat oaf, eh?

Or maybe a manager who - like Paul Lambert did - was just beginning to find his feet?

covcity4life

Funny you should mention Lambert. Sacked from his first managerial role after turning in a 15% win-ratio in his first 32 games in charge. Thorn's is currently at just over 22%.

Still, Thorn, eh? Stupid, clueless, fat oaf, eh?

Or maybe a manager who - like Paul Lambert did - was just beginning to find his feet?

well as you will clearly see from my post i mentioned maybe we should give thorn another season, not sure why your aiming that point at me?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

well as you will clearly see from my post i mentioned maybe we should give thorn another season, not sure why your aiming that point at me?

Sorry - jumping between posts and trying to get some work done too! ;)

History is littered with clubs we're seemingly discarded managers too soon, only to regret thereafter

Users who are viewing this thread