Falkirk Board the other day- they wanted Pressley sacked.. and planned a protest..... (1 Viewer)

Pusb1

http://www.onefinfalkirk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27809

So with the thread named "show elvis (in relation to Pressley) and the Board the red card." A few of the posts stood out.

"Hold up the red card and chant elvis must go"

"The passion has been drained from the support by the current regime "

" i like pressley as a person but in terms of a manager i just dont think its there for him, he is too similar to craig levein"

" last time I was attending games regularly I did the Christmas paper banner as I was disenchanted with Pressley."

"the only way we can tempt the majority back is by sacking pressley"

"Ritchie et al Blueprint described the Project Manager's role a "Rookie and Cheap" and that's what we got."

Can not wait:claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

ajsccfc

Yay, let's shit on potential new managers before they even sign the fucking contract! Weeeeeeeeey.

ajsccfc

Also, FUCK the next new striker we end up signing. I saw him on Wikipedia and he didn't score in every game two years ago.

Otis

They wanted Pressley sacked.. and planned a protest.....

Also, FUCK the next new striker we end up signing. I saw him on Wikipedia and he didn't score in every game two years ago.

We should not slate him and not, not give him a chance, but I see no problem with people being wary and listening to the fans of his current club with a view to what they think.

I think people just want to be inspired and for the club to get this key appointment right.

Not a lot of positive things seem to be being bandied about, about him and we desperately need to get the right man.

Last edited:

skybluesloyal83

Lets hope he's a better manager than he was a player...anyone remember him rugby tackling a Man Utd player in the box (I think it was Andy Cole) and getting sent off on a live Sky game in the 90s?

Otis

hey wanted Pressley sacked.. and planned a protest.....

We were told by the Barnsley fans that Robins wasn't any good also

Not quite true. Split if I remember correctly. Quite a few of them rated him quite highly.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not quite true. Split if I remember correctly. Quite a few of them rated him quite highly.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2
From what I remember they were mostly of the opinion that Kieth Hill was a better manager than Robins.

hill83

Well he's got a better win percentage than Andy Thorn, so we'll see what happens.

Black6Osprey

Lets hope he's a better manager than he was a player...anyone remember him rugby tackling a Man Utd player in the box (I think it was Andy Cole) and getting sent off on a live Sky game in the 90s?

That wasn't as bad as the away game at Highbury when he tried to head a long ball over the top back to the goalie and totally mistimed his jump and the ball hit him on the back of the head/shoulder and they scored. I think Wegerle scored ours and we lost 2-1. The most comical bit of defending I had ever seen at the time. I hope his management skills are better than his playing ability.

torchomatic

I seem to remember people on here posting similar quotes about Robins. We don't know if it is him, but if it is at least give him a chance, FFS.

Otis

Think most are Torch. Just think a few are underwhelmed. Plus of course many thought King Eric was going to ride into town on a big white stallion.

With Pressley they are just all shook up.

Otis

You need to button it. A little less conversation, a little more action please.

Midfield General

I don't care how good or bad he will be at the job, I for one do not sanction having him as manager purely because of the quite frankly outrageous Elvis based jokes we have suffered recently.

That is all.

skybluesloyal83

Another one from Scotland who we had high hopes for but couldn't cut it in English football........return to sender that's what I say :guitar2:

SkyblueBazza

he scored a shocking og at ipswich, big ron literally hooked him straight away!!!

Amusing now but not at the time. Also, has absolutely bugger-all to do with his future management capabilities should he come here. Atkinson himself didn't play top level football but managed some great clubs & achieved stuff.

cloughie

Pressley ........think we will all be crying in a chapel with him

I hope to be proved wrong

skybluehugh

This does give me a suspicious mind as to how much they were paying Robins. A Scotish 1st division manager sitting fith in the league carn't be demanding a massive wage, no disrespect intended. Was this why Robins left for the money?

Grendel

This does give me a suspicious mind as to how much they were paying Robins. A Scotish 1st division manager sitting fith in the league carn't be demanding a massive wage, no disrespect intended. Was this why Robins left for the money?

Ah of course the suspicious mind. Shitsu paying the cheap option. The rather big hole here is that he is employed so we have deliberately approached him. There are plenty of cheap options on the dole.

SkyblueBazza

Pressley ........think we will all be crying in a chapel with him

I hope to be proved wrong

With better players (assuming the squad is a higher standard than Falkirk's) he might work wonders & get us up! (And still end up crying in the chapel once they are all sold or bust)

skybluehugh

Ah of course the suspicious mind. Shitsu paying the cheap option. The rather big hole here is that he is employed so we have deliberately approached him. There are plenty of cheap options on the dole.

More than Likely is no one in England will touch us due to all the crap about us constantly in the press. Especially when the previous manager walks out 5 months into his new job and the team sitting just outside the playoff's the chairman says point blank "We are very close to liquidation" and the deputy chairman resigns.
They will all banging on the door hey

Users who are viewing this thread