Fan owned club (3 Viewers)

wingy

Not being funny, but why would any coventry city fan support this? It just will not be coventry city ! It cannot possibly be! If I had wanted to follow another football team, then I would. It isn't even as if there aren't football teams in coventry, just none as high up the chain as Coventry City. And the guy saying it is the fans that ultimately make up CCFC is absolutely right. The problem is though the Clique - the very people supposedly sticking up for us, is always referring to sisu as CCFC! It undermines their own argument. I cannot tell you how infuriating it is for thee charlies to constantly refer to sisu as CCFC - they are the owners of Holdings and potentially Ltd - not CCFC! If they cannot even get this fundamental concept right, then what use are they?

And who would run it - the clique? You must be kidding! They have a history of botched campaigns and failed strategies - they have already folded in one guise SOC. And for unity, these people cannot even agree their own strategies - and they are in effect less than 30 active members!

Who would finance this new club? Again certainly not the clique - far too busy wasting money on banners containing campaigns they do not back or approve of (i.e. NOPM - Jan has officially stated they are "running" it, but in the same statement, said they will not back it !) Boy with friends like that who needs enemies. Notice how this campaign is dying a death?

I have spent the vast majority of my life as a Coventry City Suppoprter. Once it has moved out of the city, that bond of loyalty will forever be broken. It just will not be coventry city anymore. Certainly not going to support any club where these no marks would have such a major role in running it that is for sure. If I want to watch football at such a low level, I would support a team much closer to me. Certainly I wouldn't owe any phoenix type club any loyalty. And I am not alone in this.

It is CCFC or nothing for me.

Then get on down to Sixfields to psychotic troll.

Otis

Not being funny, but why would any coventry city fan support this? It just will not be coventry city ! It cannot possibly be! If I had wanted to follow another football team, then I would. It isn't even as if there aren't football teams in coventry, just none as high up the chain as Coventry City. And the guy saying it is the fans that ultimately make up CCFC is absolutely right. The problem is though the Clique - the very people supposedly sticking up for us, is always referring to sisu as CCFC! It undermines their own argument. I cannot tell you how infuriating it is for thee charlies to constantly refer to sisu as CCFC - they are the owners of Holdings and potentially Ltd - not CCFC! If they cannot even get this fundamental concept right, then what use are they?

And who would run it - the clique? You must be kidding! They have a history of botched campaigns and failed strategies - they have already folded in one guise SOC. And for unity, these people cannot even agree their own strategies - and they are in effect less than 30 active members!

Who would finance this new club? Again certainly not the clique - far too busy wasting money on banners containing campaigns they do not back or approve of (i.e. NOPM - Jan has officially stated they are "running" it, but in the same statement, said they will not back it !) Boy with friends like that who needs enemies. Notice how this campaign is dying a death?

I have spent the vast majority of my life as a Coventry City Suppoprter. Once it has moved out of the city, that bond of loyalty will forever be broken. It just will not be coventry city anymore. Certainly not going to support any club where these no marks would have such a major role in running it that is for sure. If I want to watch football at such a low level, I would support a team much closer to me. Certainly I wouldn't owe any phoenix type club any loyalty. And I am not alone in this.

But if you wait until CCFC are no more then surely you're too late.

I can see the desire to start a new club now. Then, if CCFC fals into new ownership the two entities can merge. The whole point of the new club would be that they are Coventry City supporters.

saltaire bantam

I am going to disagree with you, with respect.

Ask any Wimbledon fans if the "real" Wimbledon is currently playing in MK and they support a "new" oufit, ask any Darlo or Halifax fans whether they support a "new" club. I recall when Wimbledon played MK in the FA cup there was a newspaper article on one guy who'd gone to MK with the original move and remained "loyal", one guy!!

Because as I mentioned in another post, there is nothing tangible about CCFC or any other football club, all fittings, fixtures and staff are ever changing, only the fans remain, day in day out, those fans are the football club, all they require is team that represents them, their City and plays within it's boundaries. Me, if Bradford City went pop, I'd be one of the first to chip in for a new one and I'd happily watch it in the Bradford Sunday Nig-Nog league, division 8, without a backward glance, because it'd be MY club.

mark82

In my eyes the trust wouldn't be involved. They would sooner focus on the new Northampton based club. This would be a club owned by the fans for the fans. A one member one vote basis. Everyone would have an equal say. It would be based on the history of CCFC and represent that fan base. To be honest it sounds exactly what you are looking for.

Gary.j

Im the guy who talked to the b.c.f.a. i have no involvement with the trust. I think it would help to have all supporter groups on board, but i agree with one member, one vote.

The b.c.f.a. have left the door open for us, we have the opportunity to build our club, exactly how we, the fans, want it

Gary.j

I am going to disagree with you, with respect.

Ask any Wimbledon fans if the "real" Wimbledon is currently playing in MK and they support a "new" oufit, ask any Darlo or Halifax fans whether they support a "new" club. I recall when Wimbledon played MK in the FA cup there was a newspaper article on one guy who'd gone to MK with the original move and remained "loyal", one guy!!

Because as I mentioned in another post, there is nothing tangible about CCFC or any other football club, all fittings, fixtures and staff are ever changing, only the fans remain, day in day out, those fans are the football club, all they require is team that represents them, their City and plays within it's boundaries. Me, if Bradford City went pop, I'd be one of the first to chip in for a new one and I'd happily watch it in the Bradford Sunday Nig-Nog league, division 8, without a backward glance, because it'd be MY club.

Once again, you make great points.

mark82

Im the guy who talked to the b.c.f.a. i have no involvement with the trust. I think it would help to have all supporter groups on board, but i agree with one member, one vote.

The b.c.f.a. have left the door open for us, we have the opportunity to build our club, exactly how we, the fans, want it

Was it you that said you had a domain? If you are serious about this would be a good idea to get a website up or maybe even just a Facebook page to get an idea of interest. Good luck and shout up if you need help.

Block19

I think started a new club up would be tough but worthwhile this is something that would totally divide the fans. Looking at the numbers I think what would happen is on a average gate of 10,000 last season... 6,000 will do nothing and find something better to do on a sat, 2,000 go to Northampton, 500 protest out side the Ricoh or Northampton for a few weeks and numbers will die of as the nights draw in. Leaving 1,500 people to start a new club. Just think of how much money you can make from the catering alone ( if Tim fishers numbers add up!!)

saltaire bantam

The mods need to strip and merge the "new club" posts, scary for SISU as the fans DO hold the power, you refuse point blank to go and decide to start a new club, what are they going to do? What is there asset?

IMO if SISU get FA authorisation to move to Sixfields, that's it, a new club is the way to go. You need a FB page or summat, the best case scenario is that you mobilise your support, it snowballs and SISU shit themselves and fold. With respect, and I know it's not your fault and you just want to watch you footie, one of you needs to get your finger out and get things moving and start the pressure.

saltaire bantam

Leaving 1,500 people to start a new club.

Darlo went through hell with their arena, they had a sh1t time for years and years and Darlo is a tiny club compared to Coventry and they get nearly that figure now, a fair few divisions before L2 and 30 miles from Darlington.

mark82

Darlo went through hell with their arena, they had a sh1t time for years and years and Darlo is a tiny club compared to Coventry and they get nearly that figure now, a fair few divisions before L2 and 30 miles from Darlington.

But the original Darlington don't still exist.

Users who are viewing this thread