Favourite and least favourite away ground (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Favourite - Elland Road

Hated - Ashton Gate

theferret

In this division - Sheffield United the best - Gillingham the worst (they still have that bloody roofless temporary stand).

pusbccfc

Gillingham is shite.
I didnt like Oldham or Carlisle

Always liked Sheff Utd and im a fan of any ground with terracing.

Manchester_sky_blue

Favourite is Spotland, mostly just because of my soft spot for Rochdale but also because is has terracing in the Sandy Lane end. great atmosphere about the place and excellent pies!

Most hated would have to be Deepdale, don't really know why, just loathe the place.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Oldham is the coldest ground on earth.

I also love Goodison Park....Great traditional football ground with an old fashioned "fuck em, they're only away fans...that'll do" away end......love it.

Worst away ground....The withdean was weird.....and I hated Wigan.....soulless plastic dump in the middle of a retail park.....sound familiar??

Joy Division

Premiership years - Favorite: Highbury. Least Favorite: Maine Road Manchester City
Championship years - Favorite: City Ground Nottingham Forest. Least Favorite: Withdean Brighton
Division 1 - Favorite: Sheffield United. Least Favorite: Yeovil

theferret

Premiership years - Favorite: Highbury. Least Favorite: Maine Road Manchester City
Championship years - Favorite: City Ground Nottingham Forest. Least Favorite: Withdean Brighton
Division 1 - Favorite: Sheffield United. Least Favorite: Yeovil

Yeovil - good shout. Crap away day.

sky_blue_up_north

Fav Newcastle worst Luton

Joy Division

Yeovil - good shout. Crap away day.

I was really looking forward to Yeovil, on paper it had the making of a brilliant away day. Nice open terrace on a sunny day, big Cov support on the opening day of the season and a nice few drinks beforehand. But the atmosphere was just a bit crap and the stadium was even blander in real life, just the shining example of dullness.

Joy Division

Fav Newcastle worst Luton

I really like St James Park as a stadium but the one time I went in the FA cup around 2005 we were up in the gods behind the goal. Really didn't enjoy that too much, felt really detached from the game.

skybluelee

I was really looking forward to Yeovil, on paper it had the making of a brilliant away day. Nice open terrace on a sunny day, big Cov support on the opening day of the season and a nice few drinks beforehand. But the atmosphere was just a bit crap and the stadium was even blander in real life, just the shining example of dullness.

I think the main reason for the Yeovil atmosphere being shit was the lack of roof. Chants just disappeared.

Covstu

Best would have to be Goodison or Anfield, real old school stadiums that keep the atmosphere close to the pitch. Not a big fan of the new 'cookie cutter' style stadiums i.e. Southampton, Derby, Leicester and ours. They suit a purpose but not much soul in the place. Other one's were Luton and Watford (never get a friggin drink in the ground there!)

CovisGod

My 3 favourites - Anfield, White Hart Lane, Old Trafford

Would love to see what the Emirates and Man City's Etihad are like

jimmyhillsfanclub

Interesting......I enjoyed my few trips to Maine road....always a good atmosphere.....and then the fun of trying to get back to the car (assuming it hadn't bee nicked) while negotiating the terrace streets of moss side..:eek:

RPHunt

Interesting......I enjoyed my few trips to Maine road....always a good atmosphere.....and then the fun of trying to get back to the car (assuming it hadn't bee nicked) while negotiating the terrace streets of moss side..:eek:

Yes, I remember Maine Road. "Can I look after your car mister?" = 50p or I slash your tyres.

Joy Division

My experience was tarnished mostly from that FA Cup game where loads of Legion turned up and embarrased us. Nice ground but never normally my favorite away day, I was too much of a wimp to enjoy the aggro.

CJ_covblaze

Favourite is Hillsborough. Least favourite is Chester. There and Cheltenham are probably the worst away days.

Most impressive is the Donbass. Emirates comes close though.

Davs

I like Everton as well, and agree with the "Fuck 'em there only away fans" attitude.

Gillingham is a shithole, but I have a soft spot for it 'cos I SAW SHAWSY SCORE!!!

Disliked Ashton Gate intensely, although I'm not sure why.

I also have a soft spot for Roots Hall [Southend]

Bennosdancingfeet

Hillsborough - proper huge great stadium is the best traditional ground I've visited.

Filbert street was shite and was always fun leaving after game.

Users who are viewing this thread