Feel good factor knock on effect. (1 Viewer)

pastythegreat

So there's clearly a feel good factor around the football scene at the moment (for obvious reasons) but looking at it from a CCFC point of view, we've had a great season and gained promotion. We've had a pretty decent closed season with (so far) only 1 player out and a few decent ones in. Few extra thousand STs sold but I think we've about reached the limit now, but...... If England actually won this thing, would it have a knock on effect with the City? If we won this with only 2 weeks til the season, would it put that football fever into enough people to have a huge gate for the Scunthorpe game on 4th August? Would an England win effect the City gate AT ALL or am I just wishfully thinking?
With 7k STs already sold I'd expect a gate of around 11k for the opening game. Could an England win bump that up to maybe 15-16k? And with a good start to the season, could we keep them there?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

ConnorDevine

Football has been pretty crappy for English Cov fans over the last 10 years, so you'd imagine it would certainly help a lot of folk to fall back in love with football

matesx

Thought it was 6K season tickets sold?

Anyway... i would be disappointed with anything less than 12k first game.

shmmeee

Obviously when we announce Harry Kane as McNultys replacement that'll add a few to the gate. Obviously don't want to distract him right now.

Magwitch

Will depend on a couple of factors, McNulty is replaced and nobody else significant such as Bayliss leaves.
I would like to think an opening gate of 12000+ is achievable.

cov4theprem

It would help if they actually put match day tickets on sale....

I emailed ccfc re an additional JSB membership on 1st July and still not even had a response.

Users who are viewing this thread