Feel like giving up (1 Viewer)

singers_pore

Fisher is not a sisu employee. He has is own risk management business and does not work anything like a full week at the club.

Correct. Fisher is a CCFC employee not a SISU employee. As such he should be putting in more hours and treating CCFC like his full time job rather than a weekend distraction from his own business. These shoddy management practices are the reason why the club finds itself where it is. There is no one at the top who is being held accountable and they all treat CCFC as a minor distraction.

Anyway, it looks like SISU will soon be going bust and then the club will have to be sold.

Terry Gibson's perm

Correct. Fisher is a CCFC employee not a SISU employee. As such he should be putting in more hours and treating CCFC like his full time job rather than a weekend distraction from his own business. These shoddy management practices are the reason why the club finds itself where it is. There is no one at the top who is being held accountable and they all treat CCFC as a minor distraction.

Anyway, it looks like SISU will soon be going bust and then the club will have to be sold.

I bet Appleton is sharpening his pencil already and getting out his glasses that can only find certain things.

Grendel

imho, & as a bystander,
there should be a book written about sisu's tenure,
how to completely mis-manage a football club,
imho, JUST GO SISU YOU ARE AN EMBARRASSMENT

OK Nigel - calm down

georgehudson

finances & imput thereof are a vital part of a football club's operation,
with otium/arvo/ccfc desperately in need of a financial imput, & making every excuse under the sun to blame everyone else, it puts ccfc under further pressure,
i, shall i call myself griff, as an example,
was chatting to an acquaintance with regard to finances,
we, as steering cttee members, for a vehicular spend, both agreed that placing anything with, in our opinion, duplicitious persons was utterly pointless, hence we will be channeling substantial investment with persons/businesses we trust,
thus, as per ccfc,
a business fact being a secure investment is based on trusting persons/ companies,
& they in turn showing their faith,
however, some you just steer clear of

hill83

We had a group of about 7 or 8 and life was organised around going to games. Now none of us go.
Even the old 'win the next 10 in a row and I'll be back up' routine wouldn't tempt me at the moment.

The Prefect

Hedge funds don't make a profit in everything they do. But the better ones make better decisions. What they have done is shown that they are no pushover. It is the one thing that Joy will want to keep up with. We were warned when they said they batter people in court. They were nearly right. They batter people with court cases.

Good call Astute. The problem here is that SISU are struggling badly (they had big losses in their last accounts), the club continues to lose money and it's direction / stewardship is lacking to say the least. No-one wants to deal with people that can't be trusted so we'll have to wait for the legals to finish before there is any real change.

SISU's record in court is not good and their record in running the club is abysmal. I suspect that things are going south quickly for SISU - and Joy's reputation in the industry will be under significant pressure. Until the legals are finished I suggest Joy will let the club free-fall. It won't bother her if we drop out of the football league.

IMHO things will get significantly worse before there are any signs of improvement.

covcity4life

i am going to my 2nd game of season on tuesday. if we dont win i am probably boycotting rest(well majority) of season as my cousin is now saying its not worth him travelling back to cov to watch us play shite and lose.

plz win!

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

i am going to my 2nd game of season on tuesday. if we dont win i am probably boycotting rest(well majority) of season as my cousin is now saying its not worth him travelling back to cov to watch us play shite and lose.

plz win!
If you need a friend, lol :happy: to go to the home games you could always meet up with a few Chavs, I think you'll enjoy there company . :jawdrop:

trevelfarandwide

City till I die

What if the club beats you to kicking the bucket?

I couldn't face supporting anyone else...it'd feel like cheating on your dead spouse.

shmmeee

Do it. Come to the dark side, it's so freeing. You can get some perspective on the utter shit slinging bollocks that pervades all sides. You stop having your weekend ruined because the default state is "we are shit and it doesn't even matter if we win or lose". It's like I imagine divorcing a shitty wife would be. You get to troll the over earnest.

You can always start up again if the crap ever ends.

There's some sound psychological research that shows that changing your view of harmful memories from first person to third person helps people deal with trauma. I think it applies to football clubs going down the drain too. As an outsider it's not personally maddening as much as hilarious.

Now, if I can just work out how to do the same with politics all my worries will be over.

don't know how much more I can follow this club , season tickets year after year , every away game for years and quite literally just feel like giving up on the club .

There has to be some form of return at some point , what are we following , there is absolutely no ambition to succeed .
Thing is I can't just accept the argument anymore that you follow because you love the club , at some point the club have to give back , football is a two way business , you invest I invest , not year after year I invest and you take take take .

Totally fed up with it , can't see a positive future for this club whatsoever
you're a joke. get a grip. through and through, we are the mighty sky blues. Just like Joe Cole, absolutely Cov through and through!!

coop

After 12 games we look like relegation material.I'm sick of all the shit and can't see it getting any better but I suppose you support your team through thick and thin but the closest I come to seeing the thick was last season.

nmp2327

For the first time ever, I just cannot be bothered to go this evening. ST holder totally fed up with sheer dross. City play well tonight and give me hope and desire to make me want to come back on Saturday

coop

Decided to sit in and watch Gold Rush can't make Saturday as I'm away for the weekend so hopefully I will miss two wins.Not seen us win yet this season as didn't go to any of the cup games.Come on city make me regret not going.

Nick

Administrator
Decided to sit in and watch Gold Rush can't make Saturday as I'm away for the weekend so hopefully I will miss two wins.Not seen us win yet this season as didn't go to any of the cup games.Come on city make me regret not going.
What the new series? Watched a binge on Sunday.

Hopefully we will score loads!

The Great Eastern

plz win!
Maybe I'm missing the point here but how many times has your cousin travelled back to Cov this season and seen us lose ?

Users who are viewing this thread