FIFA & Jack Warner (1 Viewer)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So Jack Warner has resigned from FIFA......... and the statement (in part) from FIFA says

"As a consequence of Mr Warner's resignation, all ethics committee procedures against him have been closed and the presumption of innocence is maintained," said a Fifa statement.

Whatever happened to the so called transparency and cleaning up their act ???? How does that leave him as innocent ? or for that matter guilty?

Makes you wonder why he really resigned though

It is unbelievable that these charlatans run the sport

Ernie Machin

Presumption of innocence? 'Kin hell, FIFA really are a pathetic organisation. So if you resign from your job as a bricklayer after committing a bank robbery, you're innocent? *nods*

cloughie

beat me to this one oldskyblue, but it obvious that it was a go now before it becomes transparent about exactly how much fiddling has been going on and you will go with your 'reputation' intact. reminds me of a certain Mr Richardson and his accomplice who sneaked out the back door almost unnoticed Graham Hoover. Got to give it to warner though it took 28 years before he was finally forced out, though on 2nd thoughts how many years are CCFC going to be suffering for Richardson's corruption

rob9872

Will be another corrupt stooge waiting in the wings. Hardly surprising when they give such power to small nations. Filth the lot of 'em

Disorganised1

I'm sure he'll be missed.

Nick

Administrator
They are all crooks anyway.

Surely there should be some sort of police investigation into the bribery?

rob9872

What could they do? His bribery is for things like new schools etc and so his governement (of which he is an MP) are hardly likely to prosecute him for it. Any police investigation (which would require someone to fund it) would be fruitless as he could never seriously be brought to task over it even if it was proved and FIFA don't want their name dragged any more through the mud so he has (probably with a golden handshake) resigned. I'm sure internally tehy are all well aware, but then half of them are equally as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread