Finally becoming a reality (2 Viewers)

This is where I see the problem in attracting numbers. I believe though thta if 50 people start the rest will follow. Its being that first person to jump the barriers i understand that everyone will wait for someone else. But when are people going to realise that doing what we are doing is influencing nothing. there will come a point in this season where 90% of fans will agree that a pitch invasion is the only way we will get heard by SISU.[/

SISU have heard, they have just chosen to ignore their customers. As has been said earlier the passion is admirable but I don't think the numbers you want will follow. And in any case. I don't think I could get my wheelchair over the pitchside wall. :D

mrbluesky87

This is where I see the problem in attracting numbers. I believe though thta if 50 people start the rest will follow. Its being that first person to jump the barriers i understand that everyone will wait for someone else. But when are people going to realise that doing what we are doing is influencing nothing. there will come a point in this season where 90% of fans will agree that a pitch invasion is the only way we will get heard by SISU.[/

Couldnt you just put some caterpillars on the wheels and wheel over it

SISU have heard, they have just chosen to ignore their customers. As has been said earlier the passion is admirable but I don't think the numbers you want will follow. And in any case. I don't think I could get my wheelchair over the pitchside wall. :D

SkyblueBazza

This is where I see the problem in attracting numbers. I believe though thta if 50 people start the rest will follow. Its being that first person to jump the barriers i understand that everyone will wait for someone else. But when are people going to realise that doing what we are doing is influencing nothing. there will come a point in this season where 90% of fans will agree that a pitch invasion is the only way we will get heard by SISU.

1. I think some on here are in danger of finding themselves on incitement charges
2. SISU (under any banner) have shown complete disregard for everything & everyone except for their complete & utter love of money above all else. The only way to make them listen or genuinely consider anything is by starving them of their beloved money. STAY AWAY
3. Mandela et al that are being referred to had causes that were about significant human rights...our situation, as painful as it might be, doesn't really compare. Very few will put their family spending-power at risk (I would hope), through being fined (sorry but the "they can't fine all of us" attitude doesn't wash when you have a mortgage & kids to support), by staging the illegal pitch sit-in.
JUST STAY AWAY

mrbluesky87

Couldnt you just put some caterpillars over wheels and drive over it:D

ccfcmustang

All i am trying to say is that it takes something extraordinary to make a change. I think we need to take the fight to SISU and show them that we mean what we are saying. SISU will be fined at any point where they are not 'in control of the fans' that will lose them more money than any revenue one full sixfields would. noone can argue that it would shake the footballing world and it would go some way in giving football back to the supporters accross the country. wanting sympathy and protesting away from the action is not working. To make a difference we have to be in the thick of it in SISU's faces

chiefdave

Another problem with the sit in on the pitch is that if you want everyone to do it then it will need to be arranged and therefore the police etc will more than likely know it's coming. They could do what they did at Southampton on the day they went up where they had stewards shoulder to shoulder in front of our section so we couldn't get on the pitch. It's one thing to ask people to go on the pitch, totally different thing if they've got to get stewards and / or police out of the way first.

ccfcmustang

Enough support and they would all give in, they have to consider safety first and if 200 people are running at them there is nothing that they can do. Pitch invasions are what will topple SISU, the FL would be forced to take action and SISU cant really come out and say 'yes they are doing this because they hate us'

dadgad

The other dimension to this is the unexpected.
Feelings are running high, the few on the pitch at Crawley was a response to actually going 2-0 down.
Nobody can really legislate for what could tip this into a massive riot.

CCFC88

mustang, I totally agree with you here, a statement does need to be made,

I can see the aim of the charity match on Sunday and I understand all those saying just stay away and starve the club however the longer the club is away from the city then the less chance there is of it coming back. Peaceful protests, marches and side events whilst matches are being played at sixfields are good for now however a couple of months down the line these events will dry up and we will be left with nothing. People have already said that they were not interested in the score on saturday and that they werent "as disappointed" when we conceed in the 85th minutes as they would normally be in the past. Out of sight, out of mind, the longer the club is away from the city the less disire people will have to fight for it back.

On Saturday it showed that you had 1000 people there who felt so passionately about the club, I didnt agreed with the mindless idiots running on the pitch at an away game, that is just mindless pissed up behaviour.

If you are going to do this is needs to be non aggressive, non threatening to players/officials/away fans.

As for losing sympaty with other fans, I do not see where sympathy has got us up until now, for those that think sympathy from other clubs is important do you think a picture of a Bradford fan on facebook holding a sisu out flag has changed sisus mindset? The lack of sympathy we currently had is shown greatly by the lack of media that has covered our plight.

If you are going to do this I would suggest people getting out of their seats and slowly going over the advertising hoardings walking into the centre circle and sitting, you cannot have any running, any turning back to look at the stands and waving or goading others into doing the same as happens with most pitch invasions. I understand by doing this slowly and in a well behaved manner that people may get pulled up by stewards but a mass of people all doing it at the same time will be too much for security to stop.

Also you must have to spare a thought for the away fans, if it is Bristol they will have travelled over 2 hours for the match so maybe make a banner saying sorry, I know that sounds cheesy but that way you will not lose the much coveted "sympathy" from other fans. Maybe post on the Bristol City forum to let them know it is being planned.

I would suggest the Sheff Utd match live on Sky would be the most impactful game to do it, I wouldnt for one moment suggest doing it away from home, it is unfair on home fans to do that in their stadium.

This does have the potential to make the statement required however it needs to be organised and done properly in a fashion that it cannot be conscrued as mindless thugerry.

Senior Vick from Alicante

Up for peaceful encroachment on the pitch but only if prosecution would not be forth coming. All fans from the weekend are to be given banning orders, I think Sisu would insist on it.

CCFC88

Up for peaceful encroachment on the pitch but only if prosecution would not be forth coming. All fans from the weekend are to be given banning orders, I think Sisu would insist on it.

And rightfully so, pissed up idiots who were doing nothing for the good of the club. There is no way banning orders would be handed out to 1000+ fans for a peaceful encroachment. If any fan received a banning order for that, that's when the footballing community would speak up and insist against the nonsense.

rondog1973

First time on Sky Blues Talk since Saturdays inspiring game at Crawley. Yes I said inspiring. Standing on the 2 foot high terraces singing our hearts out against our owners and watching Steve Waggott looking on in shame as our heroes began invading the pitch. CCFC fans are the most passionate I have ever seen. (probably biased)

This BS surrounding our club and the the move to Northampton seemingly complete its time we faced reality and as supporters, collectively put an end to this hurt. Everyone concered knows that once that ball is kicked in the centre circle of sixfields on sunday our club will have left the city for good. CCC or any neighbouring council will simply not allow planning permission for any stadium Fishface has got planned. There is no return. By the football league only docking 10 points (out of embarrassment with the way they have conducted themselves throughout) they expected us supporters to be appeased by the decision and 'quiet down'. This is exactly the opposite of what we need to do. We need more protests more publicity.

All sides of this bitter argument have starteed to realise that each party were equally at fault for our sorry demise. Its time to really drill home the message we are sending. I dont believe people truly believed that we would kick off at Northampton next sunday but now the reality is dawning. I believe now it is time to up the anti and take our football club back. We are the only people who can now.

If I had it my way I would fill sixfields for one game, and at a certain time in the game encourage as many people to invade the pitch as possible. Fill the pitch and sit down. I know people will say 'i cant get arrested' or 'ill lose my job' but if you all want your football club back as much as i do this is the last resort but one that is needed. imagine the scene and 6000 coventry fans descend on the pitch calling for the owners to be ousted. There are no repercussions to doing this, by sitting down you cannot get a footballing ban as it is classed as a peaceful protest. SISU will get fined propbably more than all the gate reciepts combined. Police presence will have to be increased at every Coventry game therefore more taxpayers money that Northmpton as a town do not want to spend. They can only make us play behind closed doors which will also leak SISU money. on the pitch protests are maximising unwanted publicity for the club and continual fines until they have no other option but to play our games behind closed doors. Thats when we can go watch CCFC ladies at the ricoh and encourage as many CCFC fans there every other week and show more unity.

Before this post is laughed off by some fans on here id just like to say. Nothing great has ever happened in the history of humanity without pain. Nelson Mandela, MLK, Malcolm x and many many others had to go through extraordinary pain before reaping the rewards.

Lets bring her home brothers

PUSB
100%. Keep on kicking off.

rondog1973

And rightfully so, pissed up idiots who were doing nothing for the good of the club. There is no way banning orders would be handed out to 1000+ fans for a peaceful encroachment. If any fan received a banning order for that, that's when the footballing community would speak up and insist against the nonsense.
Get off your arse and on the pitch then. Walk it like you talk it before criticising the heroes that ran on.

simple_simon

Some sort of protest for the live game against Sheffield UTD is vital

I agree tat the Sheffield game is good one to do the mass sit on the pitch but the club will know about it as they watch and read everything on these sites. They would then bringing extra security for that game. However, that's more cost to them, so we should say we will do it anyway, buy tickets on the day, mess up the whole day.

L

longjohnskyblue

Trouble is if you turn up on mass then get dragged out sisu will have the profit from the tickets and northants will get the policing bill! And it's all very well saying you have to do it, but no one is going to risk their jobs and livelihoods over this are they? And inciting to people to risk that is wrong.

Sisu will love it if they get a full capacity - they don't care what happens after that! Just don't show up - it really is that simple!

Fisher expects everyone to back down after 3 games, just watch talks start up again when 10 or so games have had empty grounds! Utterly peaceful, totally legal!

Any attack that doesn't hit sisu in the pocket will always fail. They just care about nothing else.

NOPM

Whilst it may make you feel good on the day, no hobby is worth losing your livelihood over!

mcullen

I am the biggest coward I know, I really am. I hardly ever even question shopkeepers when they've given me the wrong change, but even I would find a bit of backbone to do the peaceful sit in on the pitch. I completely agree that it has to be Sheffield Utd at home and it absolutely MUST be peaceful. I'd even consider everyone holding hands/linking arms to make a human chain around the centre circle. Something needs to be done, we can't just sit back and keep swallowing the BS. Let's do this. PUSB!

rondog1973

Well sit on the track all around the pitch, do not actually onto the grass.
Simon, in the circumstances we are currently in, I've no qualms about getting arrested such is my fury at what them parasites are doing to our club. I'm 40 something, have a mortgage, a position at my place of work of managerial responsibility, yet the rage I feel makes me not give a fuck for my personal circumstance. I'm sure there are many more than me with a lot less to lose. On the pitch I say, coordinating it all though could prove difficult with some of the SISU squealers on here.

mcullen

rondog - I think I am in the boat as you. I had to read that twice as it was like someone had read my mind and posted it on here. Action is what's definitely needed now, all vocal protests seem to fall on deaf ears and I have had enough. We all have. I'm furious and there is a fire burning in my belly...we should do this. If there's enough of us then it will definitely work, those that don't want to risk it don't have to...

I believe the Sky Blues Trust has requested (rightly) for away fans to boycott Coventry games at Northampton. It would be great if fans of all clubs did this so SISU lose out on revenue (I honestly believe this is the only way to hurt them). Pitch invasions and the like (more so at away games) aren't going to go down well with the home support and who might then start thinking otherwise about boycotting games at Northampton. Pitch invasions at away games aren't going to get your club back to Coventry and surely you want all football supporters supporting your cause?

All the very best anyhows. I really do hope this is resolved as quickly as possible with SISU shown the door and Coventry City playing back in the city of Coventry. All this is mad, driving me to anger and frustration and I'm not even a Cov fan. So Lord knows what you chaps must be going through. Anyhows, good luck...

Sky Blue Harry H

rondog - I think I am in the boat as you. I had to read that twice as it was like someone had read my mind and posted it on here. Action is what's definitely needed now, all vocal protests seem to fall on deaf ears and I have had enough. We all have. I'm furious and there is a fire burning in my belly...we should do this. If there's enough of us then it will definitely work, those that don't want to risk it don't have to...

I think SISU will have 'moved' things along a bit by then. Once they see the lack of a crowd, I'm fairly certain they will try to fast track whatever the next stage in their tactics are. Quit, move to Ricoh, whatever. Don't risk your job over protest, there are creative ways to **** SISU over, without that.

D

Deleted member 4232

Personally, I don't want a blemish on my record. For Visa reasons.

Secondly, I don't think I have any right taking a game away from fans who have paid good money for a season ticket at sixfields, regardless on my beliefs of their decision being right or wrong.

A far bigger statement is to choke them out of revenue. Lets break some lowest attendance records.

All joking aside, you haven't seen the size of me for lifting me in my wheelchair over a wall, I think that the best way forward is to bring Seppala out of the shadows and shine the spotlight on her as she is the chief decision maker. This was discussed on this thread

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/35068-Know-Your-Enemy?p=511954#post511954

and I urge people to consider this as perhaps a better option.

Spionkop

Let the Sunday game at the Ricoh go ahead. Don't divide us fans. It already looks like there is big interest in that.
THEN do a peaceful sit down protest at a game in the near future. Very near future. DO BOTH THINGS.
Agree entirely with the anger and will to do something. Being law abiding hasn't got us anywhere.
To be honest I am baffled by how quiet us City fans have been about all this. So patient.
Sitting in that big tent of a stand on the side at Crawley on Saturday & seeing those few fans run on, I thought you would all come on. I hoped you would. We have to be disruptive in a peaceful way. Can any of you fans behind the goal say why you think more didn't come on? I know they quickly brought in police.
Don't disrupt the Ricoh on Sunday. That's a big opportunity not to be missed. Sky are there. Huckerby, Whelan, Snoz and others.
& don't advertise what you're doing to Sisu. They fight sneakily, they're 100% bastards. We have to fight fire with fire.
As someone said, are they going to ban & fine a thousand, two thousand fans? Course not.
Mustang, thanks for being so passionate. Don't disrupt this Sunday, keep this one for the very near future. Part of our strategy.

Dan Griffin

This has to be done, pitch protest, never been done has it?! I don't get why we didn't go on the pitch after Crawley! Should have been a protest outside the tunnel!

Users who are viewing this thread