Financial Fair Play in League 1 (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

okay so we all want a takeover to happen this much is obvious, BUT what will it matter if we're not taken over before the end of january with the finiancial fair play rule coming in to effect most likely next season we wont be able to buy any new players as you can only spend what you earn.

Last edited:

EleanorRigby

okay so we all want a takeover to happen this much is obvious, BUT what will it matter if we're not taken over before the end of january with the finiancial fair play rule coming in to effect most likely next season we wont be able to buy any new players as you can only spend what you earn.
There will be ways around that one don't you worry, it has already been muted that it is against the E.U. regulations on freedom of trade or something and what is earnings ? if for example the company Ricoh paid £30 million year for it's name to appear on that stadium roof isn't that earnings ?

coundonskyblue

Easily ways round it. Eg transfer all non playing CCFC staff to a new sister company, that company would then provide ccfc with its 'services' which it would then charge the club a nominal £1.

Godiva

Easily ways round it. Eg transfer all non playing CCFC staff to a new sister company, that company would then provide ccfc with its 'services' which it would then charge the club a nominal £1.

Won't help. The FFP regulation states that it is the sum of players wages that can't exceed 55% of the club income in league 1. In this league player wages can't exceed the total income. Other operational costs does not weigh in.

coundonskyblue

Won't help. The FFP regulation states that it is the sum of players wages that can't exceed 55% of the club income in league 1. In this league player wages can't exceed the total income. Other operational costs does not weigh in.

Didn't realise it was on income. Depending on how our attendances hold up next year I would expect us to have a fairly high income level by league 1 standards.

rob9872

Does this thread belong to Guy?

gouldberg

I'm sure we'll be seeing teams creating sister companies left right and centre. They could then sponsor the club £15m a season in return for having their company name on the inside label on the clubs socks.

There will be workarounds.

rob9872

Its ok SBG I'm as guilty because I forgot the smiley face which just makes me look an even bigger arse than normal. Here you go have two as compensation :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread