First city game (1 Viewer)

skybluecb

What was the first city game you saw?

I was 9 years old sat in Family stand at Highfield Road. 3rd December 1983, City beat Liverpool 4 - 0, Terry Gibson scored a hat trick. I was hooked have loved supporting City ever since, through the good and the very bad times. Once a sky blue always a sky blue. 💙

kg82

Forest at the City Ground in about 87 or 88. I was 5 or 6. It was 0-0! Next time I went is when I really got hooked though. At Highfield Road, stood in the spion kop, against Luton. Won 5-0. Seem to remember Gallacher getting at least 1

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

also went to the 0-0 draw with Leeds at the end of the season… suffice to say I was hooked from then

Kill Me What GIF by ZIP ZIP

My first game at Highfield Road was in season 1962-63, I have no idea who were playing but I remember the slope in the corner and looking through the gaps in in the Spoin Kop. I remember it felt like a long walk (7 yrs old) from Paradise along side the canal, I got sent back to Scotland that summer.

My next game was a 2-2 draw vs Derby County in summer of 1971, a very different experience :)

SkyBlueSoul

5 years old, City 3-0 Middlesbrough, Dec 28th 1996. Went with my Dad, brother and Grandad and remember it was fucking freezing. I remember being in the stand opposite the main stand with a blanket and having Oxtail soup out of a flask at half time, nothing of the match itself.

skybluelee

October 31st 1984 v Sheff Weds, sat in the main stand with my dad. Won 1-0, Gibson. Oggy saved a penalty but my two overriding memories were the Wednesday fans fighting each in the away end and 8yo me getting confused as to why we were warming up in our away kit before my dad told me Sheff Weds away kit was also yellow and it was the away team I’d applauded onto the pitch. 😆

Travs

5 years old, City 3-0 Middlesbrough, Dec 28th 1996. Went with my Dad, brother and Grandad and remember it was fucking freezing. I remember being in the stand opposite the main stand with a blanket and having Oxtail soup out of a flask at half time, nothing of the match itself.

I remember this... wasn't it Oggy's record appearance match or something?

My first was Ipswich, December 1992..... 2-2

Seymour_East

Would have been 5 or 6, so 1968 ish. No idea which game, but Dad popped me onto a stool he had brought with him Spion Kop end so I could look over, imagine that today. Still remember, that the language was seemingly adapted when children were present and the ref being called ‘ A Toad’ instead of what usually may have been heard.

Hertsccfc

The first one I can remember was the home leg against Trakia Plovdiv, but I had been to a few matches before then. Wish I knew the exact match.

Terry_dactyl

Technically the 1st game was vs Spurs. I was about 4. We were sat in the kop. I think Terry Gibson was playing for them and we drew. I don’t remember it.

My first actual game was years later, 86/87 vs…ahem…Luton Town. We lost. Brian Stein scored.

Skyblueweeman

15th Oct 1988
Cov vs Millwall
0-0

I remember my step-dad's father asking me if I was going to get a programme. Not know what one was, I was thinking, 'what, a TV programme?'!

I'll never forget the walk up Thackall Street and up the stairs of the North Stand (can't remember if it had a different name?) and seeing the pitch and inside the stadium.

Hooked ever since.

scottccfc

Mine was coca cola cup v spurs, we won 3-2 after being 2-0 down.
At that age I didn't know the significance of beating them 3-2

SBT

First game is going to be this Saturday against Luton at Wembley! Don’t know much about either team, but managed to get 12 spare tickets in the lower tier right behind the goal, so hoping for a fun day out and a good game of football whatever the result! Play up Coventry!

Calista

15th Oct 1988
Cov vs Millwall
0-0

I remember my step-dad's father asking me if I was going to get a programme. Not know what one was, I was thinking, 'what, a TV programme?'!

I'll never forget the walk up Thackall Street and up the stairs of the North Stand (can't remember if it had a different name?) and seeing the pitch and inside the stadium.

Hooked ever since.
Sky Blue Stand :)

Tommo1993

Don’t know my first home game. First away was Villa Park, 1-0 loss, Ugo Ehiogu with the goal.

Sky_Blue_Daz

1985 sat in the west end against Southampton

Marty

First ever game, I was too young but I remember building sand castles at the side of the pitch and that's it.

2-1 win against Man City, in the mid 90s was my first proper game, Dion scored and they were handing out Yorkie bars at the end of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread