First idols (1 Viewer)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Stivichall Arms - was that at the bottom of Watercall Ave?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

At the roundabout, A45 Leamington road.

its a buzzard

At the roundabout, A45 Leamington road.
Thanks. My bearings are a bit off after fifty years of drinking. Anyone remember the pub/office at the junction of Watercall Ave ands Diilitford Rd.? Memories of returning the old man's empties to get the deposit back.

its a buzzard

Thanks. My bearings are a bit off after fifty years of drinking. Anyone remember the pub/office at the junction of Watercall Ave ands Diilitford Rd.? Memories of returning the old man's empties to get the deposit back.

Offie. Fucking predictive text.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Only from the 80's/90's on a Saturday as my grandparents lived near there. The New Haven. Used to have a round blue climbing frame and a large slide in the garden to play on.

skybluelee

Enjoyed reading this thread a lot. Thinking some more about my favourite players of all-time, there were my boyhood heroes - Gibson, Oggy, Regis, Speedie, Gallacher and Ndlovu. Into my 20s I loved Whelan and Dublin.

Other than the possible exception of Big Mo, all of the players since then that I've felt a genuine connection with are from the Robins era - Doyle, Biamou, Dabo, Kelly, Fadz, Gus, Vik, and probably a few more.

it really has been a fantastic last 6 years.

Happy_Martian

Stivichall Arms - was that at the bottom of Watercall Ave?

No, junction of the A45 and St Martins Road, down the road from the Burnt Post. Has been a Harvester pub and a Premier Inn. Now it's a steak restaurant, Miller and Carter. Never been. It's also been called the Styvechale Arms, The Styvechale or just "the Styche" by locals.

1685657851039.png

Bottom of Watercall is now the New Haven. Had to look it up so I have no idea if it's changed name

1685657601902.png

Johhny Blue

Yes, I have seen more high and lows over the 71 years of watching CCFC than most. However, I feel more optimistic now since the JH era. PUSB
I agree. Been watching since ‘65 or ‘66.
I did give up hope a few years ago thinking there’s no way I would ever see my team in the prem again

its a buzzard

No, junction of the A45 and St Martins Road, down the road from the Burnt Post. Has been a Harvester pub and a Premier Inn. Now it's a steak restaurant, Miller and Carter. Never been. It's also been called the Styvechale Arms, The Styvechale or just "the Styche" by locals.

View attachment 30104

Bottom of Watercall is now the New Haven. Had to look it up so I have no idea if it's changed name

View attachment 30103
Thanks. The New Haven is the place I'm thinking of, though I can't remember what it was called back when I was around there, late sixties/early seventies.

Briles

Mine was Huckerby. His goals against Man Utd and Liverpool are etched in my brain. I was gutted when he left

Hutch11

Hutch was my 1st hero, I loved Stein and Steve Hunt too
Dion was / is a club legend , was so annoyed he went to the vile
Robbie Kean was like a player from a different world for that 1 season
I used to despise Dennis Wise but he was phenomenal for us and a good class above anyone else we had at the time
Nowadays Gus and Vik are the obvious ones but CoH is , for me , the heartbeat of the team and I hope more than anything he comes back and stays fit

MTK

Bill Glazier - kicking a ball off a wall and saving it as a kid

Can't stop at just the one....
Kevin Gallagher - in the period when I really started going to the football on a season ticket I bought myself
Robbie Keane - so exciting and watching him play for Ireland too
Dion Dublin - up front and at the back, some great moment and some great escape moments
Darren Huckerby - for that goal against Man Utd right in front of us in the West Terrace.
Max Biamou - He helped me love the club through some dark days (for the club and in my life) and then that game at Notts County!
Gus Hamer now - For his quality and how he seems to embody the connection between the fans and the players which I LOVE having back

Skybluecol

Speedie, Gallacher, Micky Quinn, Ndlovu, Dublin, Big Mo then Keane.....then I got used to City selling our best.
I was 8 when we bought Speedie, literally thought it meant he was the quickest player 🤷‍♂️ absolutely gutted when he left us

Users who are viewing this thread