First team player sold? (1 Viewer)

Chipfat

We just signed him for a 6 figure fee to a four year contract. Are you dumb?

So never in the history of the game has a player been sold within a year of signing for a club, FFS we sold a player within a week in the past. Also i never said its him, i said he had not been mentioned!! in my opinion he would be the player that would raise the most interest and highest fee within the current squad.

Remember money talks and with TM needing 5-6 players he will have no option other than to sell players to make it happen, this will not or does not come cheap or easy. Again i'm not saying its him and would be surprised if it is but stranger things have happened within the game never mind our club.

Lastly you can ridicule, pass judgement on me all you want it's an opinion, don't know you, don't want too, so cheap shots are ok by me. I'm not playing name calling or dropping to a level you think is acceptable. I would hope others would see this reflects more on you than my opinion about certain players that maybe being sold...

Last edited:

Otis

If he was consistent then he'd be playing a league above no doubt. There are many players in league one and two that are skilful and show flashes of magic but only do it 1 in 3 or 5 games hence why the big clubs have released them.
With Lameiras, it is just flashes of magic and then nowt else unfortunately.

It's not flashes of magic and then okayness, it's flashes of magic and nothingness. :(

skybluepm2

I really can't put my finger on who it's likely to be. Whoever goes - assuming it's one of the starting XI - will leave an almighty hole in our threadbare squad.

RCC? I honestly hope not, God forbid Burge ever getting near the team again. Stokes? Currently injured and Mowbray's indication was that he was hopeful of him being ready to return for us in the near future. Huge blow if he goes as he was fantastic last season. His backup in Haynes is woeful. Vincelot? The focal point of our midfield in my opinion. Could be a huge season for him and imagine he'll take the armband whenever Ricketts is out of the team. Lameiras? As much as it'd pain me to see him leave, he wouldn't be sorely missed based on his inconsistencies last term. There's a great player in there somewhere I'm sure of it. Would anyone make a move for him based on what they've seen already or more so the potential?

Aside from the above, who else could command a few of command such a high wage that they are detrimental to the budget? Haynes - happy to see go but doubt he's on much anyway, Harries - would be truly shocking if he's the man to go, would leave an even sourer taste in the mouth than when Maddison (initially) went, Burge - yes please! Who in their right mind would go for him though? An enquiry from the Coventry and district Sunday league perhaps? Surely it's out of the first bunch.. Don't think I've missed anyone

higgs

Rcc I'd say as we have addadi coming tru as challenging burge for the number one he could be as good as rcc potentially

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ccfcway

Its a sad state of affairs that we don't have a star player that anyone would be worried about losing

higgs

Who is the experienced striker training with us hope it not Maf

Astute

Its a sad state of affairs that we don't have a star player that anyone would be worried about losing
Too early to say that. The season hasn't started yet. It is the players that start well that will become the targets that we won't want to lose. The other decent players are normally gone by now.

Terry Gibson's perm

Too early to say that. The season hasn't started yet. It is the players that start well that will become the targets that we won't want to lose. The other decent players are normally gone by now.

From what I saw the other night we will do well to keep Spence and Stevenson long term

stevefloyd

From what I have seen Lameiras hasn't looked very good in the last few friendlies and also from what I have seen I would rejoice if Harries went because he don't even look like a footballer never mind a prospect !!
If it was to be stokes that went, I would be slightly disappointed but we have already lost our 'star player' in Fleck and I wasn't too miffed that he went so whoever it may or may not be that goes...good luck to them

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The only way I would be comfortable with us selling a first team player was if we then had at least 7 inbound transfers.

With the team we've got I'd be more expecting the only competitiveness we will be seeing this year will be in the bottom half of the table.

2X CB
1XRB
1XRM/LM
2XST

That's an absolute minimum. If a player goes you can highlight their position for automatic replacement too.

I hate being pessimistic, but you have to look at the real picture. Yeah, we can field a team, but the likes of KEx2, Harries, Haynes are not good enough to be competing for a promotion place Imo.

higgs

Is that why mogga was bigging Haynes up during the week

Brylowes

Nobody said Jones and we know he had more than a few interested in him before he signed. He would be a player we would miss and i would not be shocked if a champ club are putting money on the table. My money is on Stokes, RCC then Jones.
Good shout
We just signed him for a 6 figure fee to a four year contract. Are you dumb?
That means nothing, if another club wants him and are prepared to pay what SISU
Want, then he is every bit as available as anyone else.

Otis

Good shout

That means nothing, if another club wants him and are prepared to pay what SISU
Want, then he is every bit as available as anyone else.
Tis true. If people have the money every player is available for sale.

georgehudson

i am more concerned than ever, that, our financial control of transfers seems to continue the the asset stripping route & that the football persons MV, JC, & TM, seem to have been ignored, is this done by persons with a decent knowledge of how football works ?
considering the faith in the club shown by fans with increased season ticket sales, the fans are shat upon again

SkyBlue_Bear83

i am more concerned than ever, that, our financial control of transfers seems to continue the the asset stripping route & that the football persons MV, JC, & TM, seem to have been ignored, is this done by persons with a decent knowledge of how football works ?
considering the faith in the club shown by fans with increased season ticket sales, the fans are shat upon again
Mark Venus has just moved up to the board of directors, would say this gives him more influence not less.

chiefdave

What did we do with the maddison money I thought that was going to be re invested
The budget was for the club to be self sufficient however that turned out not to be the case. The owners put in a short term loan and Maddison was sold to cover that. Some of the loan was paid back, some of it was left in the club as a sort of rolling credit facility.

nmp2327

Just heard it is Vincelot to Bradford, FFS what is going on, 2 weeks today we kick off and at best half a team currently

Users who are viewing this thread