First trip to Coventry lalalala.. (1 Viewer)

Johnrambo

Yes, the season for now is over and the summer is coming. But that is only good for me, as im thinking to make the trip from Denmark to Coventry in the new season.:eek:

I was thinking to atleast be at 2 games, 1 home and 1 away game. Flight tickets to Birmingham wont be a problem. And think there is trains from the airport to Coventry.

But where to stay, any good hotels? Im not an rich viking, but sleeping on the street is not an option, so something in the middle.

How to get to the away game ? Is there bus? or some kind of trips from the Ricoh? And what pub should i go for, if i want to meet some other SKY BLÅ fans ?

There will be some more questions, but for now this will do ;-)

ccfctommy

Not been before?

Theres quite a few cheap hotels in the City Centre, however the Ricoh is on the outskirts of the city so you would need to get a bus or get a taxi.

Theres loads of pubs on the Foleshill Road, The RAOB Social Club and The Wheatshaef are good.

Away games - the club do trips to and from the Ricoh.

Hope this helps.

dgm

Travelodge or premier in are smack bang in city centre and in walking distance from train station that runs from airport -(15 mins)

ggrady

There is an official club bus to away games. You would have to book in advance probably from the ticket office. To get to the Ricoh from the city centre there are a lot I buses. The number 48 (I think) should take you to the foleshill road (near Ricoh) where swarms of fans are in the many pubs along there. I will warn you though you may be disappointed with the atmosphere at the ricoh. I think you should get tickets for block 15 or 16 to be in with the singers ;) away try and get a week where we play Sheffield or mk dons as these are the better games in league 1. Hope I have been some help and enjoy your trip! You will be very welcome I'm sure as you are showing real loyalty coming from Denmark to watch this rubbish! Pusb

Johnrambo

There is an official club bus to away games. You would have to book in advance probably from the ticket office. To get to the Ricoh from the city centre there are a lot I buses. The number 48 (I think) should take you to the foleshill road (near Ricoh) where swarms of fans are in the many pubs along there. I will warn you though you may be disappointed with the atmosphere at the ricoh. I think you should get tickets for block 15 or 16 to be in with the singers ;) away try and get a week where we play Sheffield or mk dons as these are the better games in league 1. Hope I have been some help and enjoy your trip! You will be very welcome I'm sure as you are showing real loyalty coming from Denmark to watch this rubbish! Pusb

I will try and see what i can do, i dont mind the atmosphere, ofc it would be nice with full house and 5000+ away, but the time is not for it. And if there is not so many, we can chant : SKY BLÅ ;-)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Me and Mrs HH always stay at a Premier Inn when visiting Coventry. We'll be up in two weeks time and staying at the one by TGI fridays in Binley. I'll be in the Cocked Hat for a couple of jars if anyone wants to come and join me for a pint or two.

Otis

Me and Mrs HH always stay at a Premier Inn when visiting Coventry. We'll be up in two weeks time and staying at the one by TGI fridays in Binley. I'll be in the Cocked Hat for a couple of jars if anyone wants to come and join me for a pint or two.

Ever since I heard the story about my Uncle Ron wanking into his trilby in 1986 I haven't been able to set foot in the Cocked Hat.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Ever since I heard the story about my Uncle Ron wanking into his trilby in 1986 I haven't been able to set foot in the Cocked Hat.

Too much information Otis!!! :D

Johnrambo

Thanks for all the tips, i will keep this thread open so i always can ask about things, when the season is coming!

Is training sessions open? Or how does it works?

Covstu

if you turn up to training sessions you may actually get a chance of playing rambo!

There is a premier inn where the old Butts colleage is, close to town and Earlsdon where there is some good pubs up that way!

Johnrambo

if you turn up to training sessions you may actually get a chance of playing rambo!

There is a premier inn where the old Butts colleage is, close to town and Earlsdon where there is some good pubs up that way!

I just wanted to see ;-) But sure im 6' 6"(1.98m) and about 120kg, so tankforward is the nickname!!

Checking the hotels and such when the program comes out, but i would ofc use a guide some of the days ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread