Fisher on Free Radio (1 Viewer)

coundonskyblue

So basically sisu have now forced acl into a situation where they could lose control of stadium to Yorkshire bank, and yet still some on here take their side!

If Yorkshire bank gain control of the stadium lets see how much of a rent reduction we get.

skyblueman

So TF thinks the rent should be the £200k a year they are paying for agreed running costs - so forget the extra £1.2 Million they are legally contracted to pay - oh and by the way we will also have all the profit from the food & drink side and the advertising revenue - oh and by the way ACL is worthless now so why would we want it??

Is this guy for real ?????? Where the hell do you start from in a negotiation when this is their stance??? It's bloody ridiculous - where's the compromise?

What on earth do you expect ACL to do now? They have only one choice IMO

Last edited:

Southerner79

I don't see much reason to be concerned about this. The football club won't be either sustainable or successful without at least part ownership of the stadium and if an aggressive negotiation is required to achieve that, then so be it. I'm not sure I really understand why supporters backing ACL do so - seems fundamentally the right strategy to strengthen the football club, irrespective of the ownership question.

SBS

I would prefer owners who were taught to behave with honesty and dignity. If that means ACL dragging them through every court in the land and blackening the SISU name, then so be it

I have to agree. None of us want to see the club go into oblivion, but this has gone on too long. Just when it seems it can't get worse it does. For once, the football on the pitch looks like it's improving and then we're dragged back into this shit. I ran out of patience with SISU a long time ago, it's be lies and blackmail since day one. "Give us your shares or the club goes" was their strategy to get the club and things have just got darker since.

I hope the ACL take them to the cleaners. This group are rotten to the core.

One question I'd like to ask though. A few months ago Neil Moxley (?) wrote an article on whether the council could take us over, as a good football team attracts people and business to the city etc. Now I know things are a lot more complicated than that, but if SISU can try and get the Ricoh on the cheap using these tactics, can't the council do the same to them? Demand the money off the club and pick it up on the cheap if SISU can't pay. Wishful thinking, but that seems to be all that's left at the moment.

coundonskyblue

<p>
I don't see much reason to be concerned about this. The football club won't be either sustainable or successful without at least part ownership of the stadium and if an aggressive negotiation is required to achieve that, then so be it. I'm not sure I really understand why supporters backing ACL do so - seems fundamentally the right strategy to strengthen the football club, irrespective of the ownership question.

I have a concept right & wrong.

Bennets Afro

How much is fair rent???
You can't judge it on what league we are in purely on the fact that the match day running costs are in excess of £200k a year.
That is before you take into account the fee for actually being able to use the venue....
And as much I would like to see some match day revenue coming back into the club, the club sold the rights to these so how can they demand them back???

skyblueman

The reason I'm concerned is because their demands are ludicrous - I mean WAY of the scale by anyone's sane judgement

They just won't get what they want - it's plainly daft - and THESE are our owners!!!

Otis

I have to agree. None of us want to see the club go into oblivion, but this has gone on too long. Just when it seems it can't get worse it does. For once, the football on the pitch looks like it's improving and then we're dragged back into this shit. I ran out of patience with SISU a long time ago, it's be lies and blackmail since day one. "Give us your shares or the club goes" was their strategy to get the club and things have just got darker since.

One question I'd like to ask though. A few months ago Neil Moxley (?) wrote an article on whether the council could take us over, as a good football team attracts people and business to the city etc. Now I know things are a lot more complicated than that, but if SISU can try and get the Ricoh on the cheap using these tactics, can't the council do the same to them? Demand the money off the club and pick it up on the cheap if SISU can't pay. Wishful thinking, but that seems to be all that's left at the moment.

The council to take us over? What, and have Mutton dressed as Sam!

Grendel

<p>

I have a concept right & wrong.

Well the last bunch couldn't afford it either, we had to have a 22,000 break even at launch of paying adults. It was and always has been ridiculous. and something has to give. It bought the last lot of fletcher and Mr Coventry to their knees. That lot were just as incompetent yet no-one complained.

Grendel

You clearly do want the club to go into oblivion.

Grendel

I would prefer owners who were taught to behave with honesty and dignity. If that means ACL dragging them through every court in the land and blackening the SISU name, then so be it

Well you clearly couldn't stand the last owners then -- they were going belly up and were prepared to let many local business go under as well because of their folly.

Face it - while the rent is this high we will never compete and will never attract new owners.

Grendel

I don't think it's so much ACL or the club ... it's all about sisu. Getting rid of sisu, preferbly with them (their funds) losing every penny they have invested is far more important than the survivel of the club.

Correct - if it was still Mr Coventry and that buffoon from Burnley there would be riots at the Council House.

coundonskyblue

<p>
Well the last bunch couldn't afford it either, we had to have a 22,000 break even at launch of paying adults. It was and always has been ridiculous. and something has to give. It bought the last lot of fletcher and Mr Coventry to their knees. That lot were just as incompetent yet no-one complained.

Just because the last lot were bad doesn't make these good.

Grendel

We make Pompey fans look like morally infalliable individuals when we argue it's somehow acceptable to withhold £1 million for no legitimate reason.

Those who behave with morality in business and sport tend not to be winners I'm afraid.

Grendel

<p>

Just because the last lot were bad doesn't make these good.

My point is most people would have symapthised with the last lot and told ACL and the Council as much.

Brighton Sky Blue

Those who behave with morality in business and sport tend not to be winners I'm afraid.

In the time since we started withholding rent we could've thrashed out a more affordable rent agreement-after all, it is in ACL's interests to receive a reduced rent rather than none at all. It is a very risky gamble to assume that the club won't be taken to the cleaners eventually simply because it's a community asset.

Bluegloucester

As long as SISU are involved there will never be an agreement with ACL. They want something for nothing. ACL did not relegate Cov, SISU did!
ACL should pursue Cov for the arrears, if SISU are serious about Cov they will stump up the cash. If not, the matter will be clarified SISU OUT!

SBS

Wow, I can't believe you've wrote that. I don't think SISU have behaved morally since day one and the last thing I would call them is winners.

wingy

Can someone please write a summary of what he said? Much obliged :D

Basically said That ACL is sinking under the weight of its own debt ,I guess when they formulated their plan in the summer of 2011 this was their projection.

Southerner79

The reason I'm concerned is because their demands are ludicrous - I mean WAY of the scale by anyone's sane judgement<br />
<br />
They just won't get what they want - it's plainly daft - and THESE are our owners!!!
<br />
<br />

Sure. It's aggressive. Just to understand though - what would be your preference? No negotiation at all or a different negotiating position?

Users who are viewing this thread