Fisher's Remarks... (1 Viewer)

Samo

He said before the game that the current deal with ACL is viable in L1 but would not be in the Championship. This worries me. If we get promoted are we back to square 1? Or is promotion not currently the aim?

skybluetony176

I'd take his comments with a pinch of salt. Forget the title, he's the new spin doctor. In other words he got ML's job. The only reason he's still here is to bluff and confuse.

skybluepm2

The only man on the planet who could possibly put a downer on the current situation. I really do despise him with a passion. Surely his days are now numbered after being shown up by The Wagdaddy! Beyond useless...he needs to be put in the stocks in front of the council house so 32,000 of us can throw rotten fruit at him

lifelongcityfan

i would like to believe the new stadium nonsense is part of a bargaining position to try and buy the ricoh.
If not, the thought of playing in an out of town 18k capacity is enough to deterr most fans

SonOfSnoz

As he's majority share holder, might be difficult!
But didn't Mugginity over throw Richardson?

Last edited:

Astute

Oh Timothy.

So why isn't the Ricoh for sale? Are SISU not trusted or something? Are SISU asking for too much whilst offering little for it? Have they even put an offer in?

The best thing to do would be to build bridges. But Timothy prefers to burn them before they have been built. So what is the difference of being in Division three to Division two? Why accept a rental agreement where we won't be better off by getting promotion? Sorry Timothy but I find it hard to believe a word you say. All you want to do is cause bad feeling between everyone. How about trying an olive branch with Higgs....if they are willing to talk to you after what happened last time. Try getting Higgs out of the equation. Then get into talks with CCC......as in like the so called road map. The problem is that nobody likes you. Nobody trusts you. Nobody wants you at our club. Our club comes home. Yet you spout more of your diatribe before we even get to play the first game. It didn't work before. Why do you think it will work now?

skybluetony176

Oh Timothy.

So why isn't the Ricoh for sale? Are SISU not trusted or something? Are SISU asking for too much whilst offering little for it? Have they even put an offer in?

The best thing to do would be to build bridges. But Timothy prefers to burn them before they have been built. So what is the difference of being in Division three to Division two? Why accept a rental agreement where we won't be better off by getting promotion? Sorry Timothy but I find it hard to believe a word you say. All you want to do is cause bad feeling between everyone. How about trying an olive branch with Higgs....if they are willing to talk to you after what happened last time. Try getting Higgs out of the equation. Then get into talks with CCC......as in like the so called road map. The problem is that nobody likes you. Nobody trusts you. Nobody wants you at our club. Our club comes home. Yet you spout more of your diatribe before we even get to play the first game. It didn't work before. Why do you think it will work now?

What was Einstein's quote again about doing the same things and expecting different results?

Moff

Why do people let Fisher grate on them so much?

He like Labo, Onye, and Orange Ken will be gone in time, due to his perpetual gaffs. He is a laughing stock and is now in reality a pariah in the situation who no one really takes seriously. I truly believe he just intends to inflame and enjoys it, as he is a nasty little man, and so I take what he says with a pinch of salt. He is after all just an insignificant monkey to the organ grinder.

That said he may have just a tiny point on revenues etc, but hey why cant we worry about that when and if promotion happens. I am sure then, the more intelligent board members can resolve issues in a more appropriate way than SISU's arse throwing around his usual irrelevant and insignificant soundbites into the press. He will be out of the loop like he was on the negotiations to return and thus is nothing more than a self interested side show.

Noggin

Why do people let Fisher grate on them so much?

He like Labo, Onye, and Orange Ken will be gone in time, due to his perpetual gaffs. He is a laughing stock and is now in reality a pariah in the situation who no one really takes seriously. I truly believe he just intends to inflame and enjoys it, as he is a nasty little man, and so I take what he says with a pinch of salt. He is after all just an insignificant monkey to the organ grinder.

That said he may have just a tiny point on revenues etc, but hey why cant we worry about that when and if promotion happens. I am sure then, the more intelligent board members can resolve issues in a more appropriate way than SISU's arse throwing around his usual irrelevant and insignificant soundbites into the press. He will be out of the loop like he was on the negotiations to return and thus is nothing more than a self interested side show.

because it shows that we arn't out of the woods, that we still have owners who don't give a shit about us and only about their plans. He is the monkey not the organ grinder but his words reflect the desires of the organ grinder so while he continues to spout his shit about new stadiums etc there is trouble ahead and just for a little bit we were trying to hope there wasn't.

Samo

ACL own the lease, the lease owner gets the income.

If we owned the stadium I would hope and expect that ACL would no longer exist, or that the club would also own ACL.

Grendel

ACL own the lease, the lease owner gets the income.

The owner has payer to restructure the loan to the lease owner - it will own their debt - can't think what would happen.

Moff

He is the monkey not the organ grinder but his words reflect the desires of the organ grinder .

Noggin, I dont know if thats always the case. Look at Onye, and Dulieu, and now Labo, all jettisoned as they either spoke out of turn, spoke cr*p, or made themselves and SISU a laughing stock. Now look at Fisher, he is moving down the list trying to achieve a regular full house.

NorthernWisdom

Noggin, I dont know if thats always the case. Look at Onye, and Dulieu, and now Labo, all jettisoned as they either spoke out of turn, spoke cr*p, or made themselves and SISU a laughing stock. Now look at Fisher, he is moving down the list trying to achieve a regular full house.

You'd have to question an owner's judgement who appointed quite so many people who weren't able to carry out the brief however...

Rusty Trombone

If we owned the stadium I would hope and expect that ACL would no longer exist, or that the club would also own ACL.

Surely just better to buy ACL, get the income without the hassle of owning the building. It's not as if we've loads of money sloshing around to buy a ground and the lease.

Grendel

I don't follow. Are you suggesting that if you buy the ground you own the loan to ACL?

Yes you would have to as the current owners have the loan. That's the problem - the land owner owns a loan that is serviced by a lease holder which is half owned by the land owner.

Rusty Trombone

Yes you would have to as the current owners have the loan. That's the problem - the land owner owns a loan that is serviced by a lease holder which is half owned by the land owner.

If someone else bought the ground, how does this affect a loan between the Council and ACL?

They can sell the ground without selling the loan.

Grendel

If someone else bought the ground, how does this affect a loan between the Council and ACL?

They can sell the ground without selling the loan.

ACL lease off the owners of the ground so the lease would be a significant factor when purchasing the property.

The situation you describe would not happen as no one would purchase it.

Rusty Trombone

ACL lease off the owners of the ground so the lease would be a significant factor when purchasing the property.

The situation you describe would not happen as no one would purchase it.

Totally agree, maybe this should be mentioned to Fisher, he's the one on about owning the ground.

Grendel

Totally agree, maybe this should be mentioned to Fisher, he's the one on about owning the ground.

Ownership including transferring a debt from the public purse I would suggest the council would have to agree to.

Users who are viewing this thread