Fitbit (or the likes) (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
anyone use one? Thinking of getting one.

Just done my first session tonight at British Military Fitness and signed up for 6 months! Hope I make full use of that membership :D

Just looking to be able to track steps, distance etc and think a Fitbit is what I need!

ConnorDevine

I know a few who swear by them, worth getting the Heart Rate one if you're taking fitness seriously as it's worth knowing what HR bracket youre in

Terry Gibson's perm

Taking it serious is a bit strong, but taking it more serious than I have done in the past few (or more years) is a bit more accurate ha!

:D

Is it to strengthen the fingers for faster typing at the game;)

CCFC Germany

Just done my first session tonight at British Military Fitness and signed up for 6 months! Hope I make full use of that membership :D

Just looking to be able to track steps, distance etc and think a Fitbit is what I need!

Pretty satisfied with mine. Very reliable.

Covstu

It all depends on what you want to monitor really? I don't use one but I only cycling so have my garmin for that and that picks up power, HR, cadence, avg sped etc etc. It's endless

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Does it involve any kind of physical exertion? If so you can count me out! ;)

That's exactly the attitude I want to move away from Dutchy :D

7 years of no fitness, I'm feeling it this morning. Maybe I should adopt that attitude again (although let me atleast get the membership I e signed up to out the way first so I'm not just paying to not use it ;) )

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It all depends on what you want to monitor really? I don't use one but I only cycling so have my garmin for that and that picks up power, HR, cadence, avg sped etc etc. It's endless

Not too fussed. When I have my phone on me that tracks steps, distance etc. But when I'm out on the 'field' (it's done at the park) I don't have my phone on me so it goes untracked.

Heart rate would be useful, although not sure how often I'd look or compare it ha!

rob9872

Daughter after one but she's 8 and will break/lose it as with everything. Has anyone tried the cheap activity trackers and are they any goid as an alternative? £10 on ebay seems more appealing to a tight wad like me! :)

fernandopartridge

I've got a FitBit Charge HR, pretty good but wish it had GPS too.

Marty

I've got the fitbit charge hr too. Its ok. The novelty wears off after a while. I don't wear mine now. Once you have it for a while you know roughly where you're with your HR and stuff so I'm not sure they're worth it. Get a cheap one to start with and see where you go from there. I excercise 5 times a week but its not something I find all that useful.

Covrock

Fitbit blaze has the GPS. Went to get one today. Out of stock. FFS been building up for ages to get one so I can get off my lazy arse and they dare to be out of frigging stock.
Lots of comparison stuff on Web.

skybluejelly

Blaze only has connected gps if you have your phone with you if you want proper GPs you need the Fitbit surge ...son and wife have a blaze bit gimmicky to me although being able to read your texts on your wrist is quite good

stupot07

I've got a fitbit, I think its the charge version. Its pretty good. The missus loves hers and is in a fitbit team and does weekly challenges.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

LastGarrison

Should sack BMF off and come and join a proper bootcamp at Go Commando! :D (These smileys really are shit).

As for the Fitbit I had the HR for about 6 months before I lost it at the Stone Roses the other month and it is good but it can dominate your life a bit. I really liked the track your sleep function where it tells you how long you slept, quality of sleep etc. and it is good for bootcamp as it tells you how many calories you've burnt, heart rates (peak, fat burn etc.) and for a oner it is probably worth getting one, although you can get the next one up in Costco for £120.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Should sack BMF off and come and join a proper bootcamp at Go Commando! :D (These smileys really are shit).

As for the Fitbit I had the HR for about 6 months before I lost it at the Stone Roses the other month and it is good but it can dominate your life a bit. I really liked the track your sleep function where it tells you how long you slept, quality of sleep etc. and it is good for bootcamp as it tells you how many calories you've burnt, heart rates (peak, fat burn etc.) and for a oner it is probably worth getting one, although you can get the next one up in Costco for £120.

now I know what BMF do, I'm gonna stick with it (if I don't I'll only talk myself out of doing anything ha!).

Have seen go commando stuff though.

They do similar sessions or completely different?

As for the smileys, we do need the old ones back :D

LastGarrison

now I know what BMF do, I'm gonna stick with it (if I don't I'll only talk myself out of doing anything ha!).

Have seen go commando stuff though.

They do similar sessions or completely different?

As for the smileys, we do need the old ones back :D

Too be honest I have never been BMF but saw a few of their sessions when in the Memorial Park and I'm sure it's much the same.

Do a few months there and then just come GCBC for a free session and see which one prefer.

This gives you an idea of what happens:

And I'm in that video..........for about a second. :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread