Flags ? (1 Viewer)

slowpoke

My football daft 11 year old grand daughter asked why Sunderland & Newcastle are allowed to have flags galore and we aren’t. Lots of youngsters go now many in the North stand, why not.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

F**k me, we can't have balloons in the Stadium 🏟️, so what chance with Flags.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I didn’t know that so what is difference between us & Sunderland or Newcastle and the scousers come to that.

Oxford fans had balloons confiscated in side the Stadium 🏟️ yesterday.

pusbccfc

Not keen personally. I like the fact we have a lot of unique flags that people hang up.

We have a drum which we've had long before most other clubs but tifos in England are often a bit too forced.

Often clubs with them have shite atmospheres. Sunderland, Leicester and Ipswich are examples at this level and all three then end up sitting in silence for 90 minutes once they have put down their expensive, one off displays.

Covkid1968#

I’d still like something… then add on our amazing support.

shmmeee

Makes your voice deep, which is maybe why the teenagers (and my fucking neighbours every weekend) love them.

David O'Day

I don’t study our ground regulations that much but we do seem to have particular awkward arses running it justifying their existence. I mean what problem can a fuckin balloon do.
shows you are indeed on your "big day out"

Calista

Not for me. Those daft flags that block the view of the paying spectators at some of the prem games are annoying.
Yeah, and in Germany. Imagine having to watch the match from behind one of those stupid 'look at me' sheets waving around the whole time.

Johnnythespider

I don’t study our ground regulations that much but we do seem to have particular awkward arses running it justifying their existence. I mean what problem can a fuckin balloon do.
It can cause anaphylaxis in people who are allergic to latex

PurpleBin

Apparently somebody at thee club rang Sunderland and Liverpool about this, but couldn't understand the response🤷‍♂️

The big ones on the Kop pre game are organised by a supporters group, given out before each game down the front. Need fire certificates too. If we had a proper supporters group we could probably do something similar rather than everyone bring their own.

*NB. I say the big ones on the Kop. Talking about the big ones on poles etc. Not so much the ones on a second hand bed sheet.

CoventryUSA

From a different perspective, I am a STH for an MLS club. We have flags in the stands. However, they are limited to only the Safe Standing Supporters area.

Even within those blocks, they really just concentrate right behind the goal. If you want to be around that, you stand in that area. Personally, I feel the same as others. I don't want it blocking my view all match. So, I usually stand 15-20 rows up just to the outside of the goal posts.

Creates a vibrant atmosphere without messing with my ability to enjoy the match.

You can see a few of the flags right behind the goal. Usually a few more than that. But this was the Leagues Cup Final against Messi's Inter Miami. The ticketing situation kind of screwed a few things up for that match.
unnamed.jpg

OffenhamSkyBlue

I fucking hate the "put a flag on every seat and get everyone to wave them in unison" attitude. Like those crappy clapper things that Fulham took to Wembley for the play-off final (2018??) because they are too dull to make any noise otherwise. And vuvuzelas!

Legia Sky Blue

I fucking hate the "put a flag on every seat and get everyone to wave them in unison" attitude. Like those crappy clapper things that Fulham took to Wembley for the play-off final (2018??) because they are too dull to make any noise otherwise. And vuvuzelas!

Did you attend our play off final in May?

pusbccfc

Look at the big fall out from the Sunderland match. They fans are at war with each other over the display on Saturday.

No thanks

Cov_92

Get measured by EFL, balloons on pitch impact on game, ref will report back on end of match review. Like the beach ball scenarios often seen at games.

Users who are viewing this thread