Fleck, Barton, Thomas (1 Viewer)

stupot07

No I wouldn't have, league is where I use all of my stats.

If I did use them and the situation was the other way round, you and Grendel would point to the fact it was against Morecambe...

Anyway, with cups, Fleck has more assists and same amount of goals in even less games, so that's a flawed argument you have.

Sheff has been unlucky with assists this season, could have easily had 3 on sat - Clarke headed over from 6 yards in the 2nd minute, Elliott hitting the post was sheffs lay off, baker cleared off the line was sheffs quick short corner to him.

Even on Wednesday you look at the early chances were from sheffs crosses.

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16487,00.html

Mucca Mad Boys

Sheff has been unlucky with assists this season, could have easily had 3 on sat - Clarke headed over from 6 yards in the 2nd minute, Elliott hitting the post was sheffs lay off, baker cleared off the line was sheffs short corner to

Fleck could've had one Saturday too, near post cross to Jennings who should've done better... There's probably a few more throughout the season, but we wouldn't be able to recall would we?

Black6Osprey

Liverpool signed Thomas on loan.

Liverpool were interested in Barton before a massive injury.

Man U were scouting Fleck when he was 16-17.

"WERE" is the word in my post you seem to be ignoring.

All i'm saying is that the top club's scouts are very good and the liklehood is that these three can still be good players, certainly better than in a reserve team in a L1 side.

Let's face it, the current first team haven't been setting the world alight since Xmas. Time for some more radical changes.

Roll the dice......

Players are being scouted all the time it means nothing. Big clubs can also take risks on signing players to see how they will develop because they can afford to get a percentage totally wrong.

Man utd actually signed Reece Brown and what a player he turned out to be.

Stevec189

No I wouldn't have, league is where I use all of my stats.

If I did use them and the situation was the other way round, you and Grendel would point to the fact it was against Morecambe...

Anyway, with cups, Fleck has more assists and same amount of goals in even less games, so that's a flawed argument you have.

Sheff has 29 (7) appearances in all competitions, 5 assists (all in league), 2 goals (1 in league, 1 in FA Cup)
Fleck has 18 (14) appearances in all competitions, 6 assists (all in league), 2 goals (2 in league)

Just out of interest what are Bakers stats? You lot are usually picking on him.......!

As it happens I think Connor Thomas does deserve a chance in place of either Bailey or Jennings.

Black6Osprey

Hasnt fleck got more assists and same goals as mcsheffrey in less games? Barton has a couple of goals too and hardly played?

Assists on tell part of the story though. Early in the crewe jpt way leg great ball in Clarke missed. Early against Crewe Saturday great ball in Clarke miss timed his jump and headed over. Crosses like that on Dion Dublins head would have meant 2 goals and Sheff with 2 assists. You can't blame Sheff for strikers who miss easy chances or apparently in some people's eyes you can.

Sheff and Baker have faults but Robins and Carsley obviously don't really rate Fleck or Barton and neither do I. I'm satisfied I'm sitting on the right side of the fence on this one.

Mucca Mad Boys

Just out of interest what are Bakers stats? You lot are usually picking on him.......!

As it happens I think Connor Thomas does deserve a chance in place of either Bailey or Jennings.

I don't really pick on Baker, I say it as it is with him, well he plays well, I'll say it, if not, I'll say it, he has good goalscoring and assist stats.

11 goals overall, 8 in L1, 3 in cups. 12 assists overall, 7 in L1, 5 in cups all in 41(2) appearances.

Mucca Mad Boys

Assists on tell part of the story though. Early in the crewe jpt way leg great ball in Clarke missed. Early against Crewe Saturday great ball in Clarke miss timed his jump and headed over. Crosses like that on Dion Dublins head would have meant 2 goals and Sheff with 2 assists. You can't blame Sheff for strikers who miss easy chances or apparently in some people's eyes you can.

Sheff and Baker have faults but Robins and Carsley obviously don't really rate Fleck or Barton and neither do I. I'm satisfied I'm sitting on the right side of the fence on this one.

As I said, Fleck could've had 1 that game as well, doesn't work that way. I'd like to find chances created stats, they're much more interesting but can't find any on the actim index unfortunately.

With players who deliver crosses, their crosses aren't going to get scored every time are they? Lets be realistic here. Sheff puts in 2-3 decen crosses a game, but creates little bar that, I'd like to try someone else, can't do no harm can it?

wingy

Well they're all better footballers technically than Bailey, Jennings and Moussa, but 2 out of 3 completely lack balls, graft, determination-and pace. The other one seems to have gone completely missing...whatever happened to Connor Thomas? :confused:
Deegan and a manager with a penchant for loanees

SkyBlue_Bear83

Does anyone reckon Baker could do a job in a central attacking role if we could play someone else out wide? Excelled in that position for Stockport and by far are best shooter from 18-25 yard range(along with maybe Barton)

Nonleagueherewecome

What is the obsession with constantly criticising our own players? What happened to backing the squad? We are supporters after all.

Here here! Time for a "not miserable whingers" backlash!

Nonleagueherewecome

Deegan and a manager with a penchant for loanees

Well nothing to lose and plenty to gain by picking him for the rest of the season to see if he's up to it IMO. He's our player, Bailey isn't going to be here past the Summer.

Mucca Mad Boys

Does anyone reckon Baker could do a job in a central attacking role if we could play someone else out wide? Excelled in that position for Stockport and by far are best shooter from 18-25 yard range(along with maybe Barton)

Possibly, but who's going to play on the wing?

Nonleagueherewecome

Baker's role in Robins formation was very similar to that at Stockport, just slightly to the right, hence the similar results.

Stevec189

I don't really pick on Baker, I say it as it is with him, well he plays well, I'll say it, if not, I'll say it, he has good goalscoring and assist stats.

11 goals overall, 8 in L1, 3 in cups. 12 assists overall, 7 in L1, 5 in cups all in 41(2) appearances.

Wasn't a dig t you SBT I was curious. There are plenty on here and the radio who constantly have a go at Baker. I think he was poor on Sat looked a little lost in a 442. You have to say if Sheff was chipping in with those stats we would be well happy! Don't think Fleck is good enough gets knocked off the ball too easily in centre midfield and looks lost when playing out wide. PUSB

CJparker

Just to let everyone know, Baker is on the verge of being named the London Supporters' Club Play of the Year - as voted for by members after each match in Man of the Match rankings. A few games to go, Edje is his nearest challenger.

Stevec189

Just to let everyone know, Baker is on the verge of being named the London Supporters' Club Play of the Year - as voted for by members after each match in Man of the Match rankings. A few games to go, Edje is his nearest challenger.

Probably about right. Can't think of any one else who has been so consistent .

Grendel

Probably about right. Can't think of any one else who has been so consistent .

Murphy. Unless you count consistently useless. Edge would edge it then.

Mucca Mad Boys

That's a joke, surely? In our worst player in the XI, and tbh, he's worse than Cameron.

KersleyDigs

Good to see Barton and Fleck doing well yesterday. Just need to drop Bailey for Thomas and then we're finally developing our own talent as I suggested four weeks ago.

CJparker

That's a joke, surely? In our worst player in the XI, and tbh, he's worse than Cameron.

What have you and Grendel got against Edje? Is it because he is the "spawn of Thorn"?? Cameron is a good player too, I was pissed off to see that he is about to leave

mark82

This could well be our midfield 3 next year. Hopefully Baker on one wing, Moussa on the other. Clarke up front. Just the defence that will need major work in the summer. Think Christie and Adams will be full backs. Think centre backs need some work (having said that I like Edge)

This could well be our midfield 3 next year. Hopefully Baker on one wing, Moussa on the other. Clarke up front. Just the defence that will need major work in the summer. Think Christie and Adams will be full backs. Think centre backs need some work (having said that I like Edge)

I like the sound of that!!!!

and I must admit I didnt rate Christie 3/4 weeks ago but he's getting there!

Grendel

What have you and Grendel got against Edje? Is it because he is the "spawn of Thorn"?? Cameron is a good player too, I was pissed off to see that he is about to leave

I haven't got anything against him. Considering his background he has adapted well enough but there have been a lot better league one centre halves than him.

I wouldn't get rid if him and he's better than Cameron.

Mucca Mad Boys

That 'Thorn spawn' is completely flawed if you're going to use it against me, I've been Barton and Fleck's biggest defenders, I rate them both and they could be the main men for next season. Fleck is my favourite player, look to the 'awards thread'.

As for Edj, I don't like him because I think he's a weak link, he's let in far to easy goals, especially aerially, he gets turned FAR too often, his distribution is overrated also, he has a tendency just to aimlessly punt it. I think the team needs at least 1 CB in summer, that's assuming we keep either Wood or Martin!

Users who are viewing this thread