Fleck; The new Kevin Thornton (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

HAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHHA

He is struggling because he is being played on the wing. Discussion over.

stupot07

I can see where you're coming from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Otis

He should be controlling games and making much more of an impact than he has been and this is before he was put out on the wing.

He's capable of being MOTM pretty much every game, but we hardly ever see it.

Wasted on the wing, but needs to do so much more when in the middle.

LJC_CCFC

He should be controlling games and making much more of an impact than he has been and this is before he was put out on the wing.

His performances have been below par in the middle this season as it was during what will be known as the 'Dark 5-3-2 period'. Since the change to 4-4-2 Pressley has played him on the left, he must be the most frustrated player at the club.

stupot07

Yep, he's not got a good enough without the ball to play central mid in a 442. I'm not entirely sure where his best position is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

shy_tall_knight

In a 2 man midfield you need a good defensive midfielder to allow fleck the freedom to try to dictate the game, wasted on the wing has no pace was however still better than that madman on the right, JOB can't believe what I saw from him yesterday

Chipfat

My opinion is Thornton was a better footballer more exciting with the ball,, just a shame he was more interested in using his talent for funding night outs than a using it to create a decent level of footballer. He played 50 odd times for us in a higher level so although i understand the op i think different players playing in different positions and different levels.

stupot07

In a 2 man midfield you need a good defensive midfielder to allow fleck the freedom to try to dictate the game, wasted on the wing has no pace was however still better than that madman on the right, JOB can't believe what I saw from him yesterday

Problem is you get a decent defensive centre mid to play with him, and fleck will still be deeper than him.

I thought fleck was equally as bad yesterday, chose the wrong option/poor execution 90% of his attacking play, especially in the first half. One of the worst games I've seen him play.

stupot07

Grendel

To be fair I think fleck can stay in the professional game - a Thornton / Adam Barton comparison would probably beire valid. Fleck has upped his fitness he's just not as good as some want him to be.

mark_ccfc

I thought with his stature and style of play he is more reminiscent of Jay Tabb (now playing for Ipswich). I always enjoyed watching Tabby play - especially when he played midfield. Great control and distribution.

KersleyDigs

My opinion is Thornton was a better footballer more exciting with the ball,, just a shame he was more interested in using his talent for funding night outs than a using it to create a decent level of footballer. He played 50 odd times for us in a higher level so although i understand the op i think different players playing in different positions and different levels.

Fleck = a poor man's Kevin Thornton?

skybluebal

I expect he will leave as soon as he can. It must be hell playing in this environment the club has created, it's hell being a fan of CCFC but unfortunately we've nowhere to go

Gazolba

"Rangers teenager John Fleck hailed as Scotland's Wayne Rooney"

Have you seen Rooney lately? Not someone anyone should be striving to emulate.

Users who are viewing this thread