Match Thread Fleetwood v Coventry Match Thread - Saturday 3rd Sep (1 Viewer)

The Lurker

We had no shape yesterday. We play out and out strikers on the wing. The formation with the current players available doesn't work. Once all fit it could work. I would prefer to see 4-4-2 next week. Back to basics against a strong Millwall team. Reid on one wing, Jones if fit on the other. Put crosses in for the front 2.

Irish Sky Blue

Not saying return to 4-4-2 as when we changed to this against Northampton last week they definitely came more into the game. The problem for me yesterday was that both wing backs either couldn't or wouldn't run with the ball to the goal line. Countless times they received the ball mid way in the Fleetwood half and either passed it back or crossed from that position. Fleetwood dealt easily with 99% of these crosses. Not impressed with either of these lads as wing backs as yet. As attacking threats I would say that at the moment DKE and Haynes look the better options. I would like to see genuine attacking players running at the opposing full back and getting crosses into the box. I am not sure that this is not simply outdated thinking now as so few teams do it.

letsallsingtogether

Not saying return to 4-4-2 as when we changed to this against Northampton last week they definitely came more into the game. The problem for me yesterday was that both wing backs either couldn't or wouldn't run with the ball to the goal line. Countless times they received the ball mid way in the Fleetwood half and either passed it back or crossed from that position. Fleetwood dealt easily with 99% of these crosses. Not impressed with either of these lads as wing backs as yet. As attacking threats I would say that at the moment DKE and Haynes look the better options. I would like to see genuine attacking players running at the opposing full back and getting crosses into the box. I am not sure that this is not simply outdated thinking now as so few teams do it.
Spot on just the way I saw it.
Thought Bigi was MOTM. McCann was a letdown.

letsallsingtogether

We had no shape yesterday. We play out and out strikers on the wing. The formation with the current players available doesn't work. Once all fit it could work. I would prefer to see 4-4-2 next week. Back to basics against a strong Millwall team. Reid on one wing, Jones if fit on the other. Put crosses in for the front 2.
TBF don't believe we have any out and out strickers .
Certainly have on one who can score.

letsallsingtogether

Haynes has done well getting forward and putting crosses in this season
I would give him a run in the team to be fair.
I know some don't like him but we really have nothing to lose, the ones there at the moment aren't doing it.IMHO

fernandopartridge

We had 2 6ft + players playing out on the wing. They should be in the box and having balls delivered into them. The service from wing backs yesterday was non existent.
Tbf the left wing back put a number of crosses in, especially first half but the two strikers weren't really in the area as they have to get involved in the build up.

steve82

Page did put 2/3 good crosses in that hit the centre of the box but Sordell and Agyei were too far apart and Fleetwood defender Nathan Pond cleared up every time. One thing to note was Agyei is not keen to header.
Think our corners need looking at too, lost count of times in the second half the ball went over Willis head. Someone needed to be in his shadows.
one corner in the first half 6 ccfc players were at the front post!

Nick

Administrator
Did they not do that routine they have been doing where a player drops back and gets it to feet for a shot?

letsallsingtogether

Did they not do that routine they have been doing where a player drops back and gets it to feet for a shot?
The problem is they all need 1 or 2 extra touches by which time they are closed down.

higgs

Squeaky bum time again on last day of the season to stay up

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

steve82

I recognised it from somthing, but wouldnt have guessed that. Still thought it was an awful choice for goal music :D

Was shocking!!!
Terrible ground too, had a non league FA cup tie feel to it. nice main stand tho.

Users who are viewing this thread