Football authorities are watching you (1 Viewer)

oakey

She was interviewed under caution by police after the dossier was handed to officers by Newcastle United. Officers took just two hours to inform her that she had not committed any crime, but the club, which had spent four months looking into her background, revoked her membership and banned her from games until 2026.
She is taking legal action in an attempt to overturn the ban, arguing that her right to exercise gender-critical views is protected in law, and that the Premier League’s trawl of her personal social media account constituted a breach of data protection laws.

wingy

She was interviewed under caution by police after the dossier was handed to officers by Newcastle United. Officers took just two hours to inform her that she had not committed any crime, but the club, which had spent four months looking into her background, revoked her membership and banned her from games until 2026.
She is taking legal action in an attempt to overturn the ban, arguing that her right to exercise gender-critical views is protected in law, and that the Premier League’s trawl of her personal social media account constituted a breach of data protection laws.
Good luck with that!

oscillatewildly

Come and get me you shower of shitehawks.
You'll never take me alive - Certainly not on a Mon/Tues/Wed evening around 7.45 - 10pm or noon on a Sunday.
I'd best watch my back 3pm most Saturdays though.
Bastards.

• Haha
Reactions: AOM

wingy

Well I've had the impression for some time now that we're actually readying for a Chinese takeover?

Brighton Sky Blue

Banned by the club for expressing gender critical views.

Only a club funded by a regime that puts gay people in prison and chops off heads if you renounce the state religion. Pretty abhorrent

Nick

Administrator
So all she did was say trans women are men and got banned?

Something doesn't add up

Marty

She's not wrong though. What a world we live in, a view that was and still is mainstream now gets you labelled as a right wing extremist and banned.

Next time the police whinge about their budgets, just point out all the time and money they waste investigating non crimes like this.

NorthernWisdom

Don't know how strong her case is on the first bit, but I'd be dubious about her having a leg to stand n on the second bit. How can you breach data protection laws if you share the information publicly?

(To be clear, I'm just asking the legal position, not giving a moral judgement on the case!)

wingy

She's not wrong though. What a world we live in, a view that was and still is mainstream now gets you labelled as a right wing extremist and banned.

Next time the police whinge about their budgets, just point out all the time and money they waste investigating non crimes like this.
It's ok they're just going to save it by not turning for mental health willy nilly so they focus on crime like stabbing and burglaries!

JulianDarbyFTW

I read about this several weeks ago as it was rumbling on. As I understand it, she was posting comments on X that were seen by Newcastle's LQBTQ officer, who took offence and decided that she was transphobic and that therefore she wasn't welcome at the club, thus starting this campaign of action. There's a lot of underlying tension on X around this issue, and I suspect that both the lady in question and the LQBTQ officer are at polar ends of the argument.

I strongly believe that football clubs shouldn't be able to dictate which legally held opinions are allowed, but I suspect that in law it's not much different from a pub being able to bar someone.

Nick

Administrator
I read about this several weeks ago as it was rumbling on. As I understand it, she was posting comments on X that were seen by Newcastle's LQBTQ officer, who took offence and decided that she was transphobic and that therefore she wasn't welcome at the club, thus starting this campaign of action. There's a lot of underlying tension on X around this issue, and I suspect that both the lady in question and the LQBTQ officer are at polar ends of the argument.

I strongly believe that football clubs shouldn't be able to dictate which legally held opinions are allowed, but I suspect that in law it's not much different from a pub being able to bar someone.

So why hasn't the officer quit her job out of principle if she feels that strongly about it?

Oh no, a woman said that somebody with a penis is a man online. Meanwhile, her employer would probably throw the trans person off the top off a building.

JulianDarbyFTW

So why hasn't the officer quit her job out of principle if she feels that strongly about it?

Oh no, a woman said that somebody with a penis is a man online. Meanwhile, her employer would probably throw the trans person off the top off a building.

The officer is a he - a lot of the more radical trans faction are men, unsurprisingly.

tisza

For an LGBQT official to take offense (moral high ground) whilst taking a pay cheque from the Saudis just seems beyond absurd

Users who are viewing this thread