Football Clubs and Local Businesses (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It is a lot wider than football obviously but this is a football forum after all :)

How many clubs are going to go bust because of this with no income / cashflow?

How many businesses are going to go bust due to the suspension of football for the foreseeable? Pubs for example who won't have the matchdays and also the limited income from people staying away.

stevefloyd

This is where its unfair with the premier league with all their millions but I guess they still have to pay their over inflated wage bill....lets see if the sweet fa (very apt) help clubs somehow

Kieranp96

It is a lot wider than football obviously but this is a football forum after all :)

How many clubs are going to go bust because of this with no income / cashflow?

How many businesses are going to go bust due to the suspension of football for the foreseeable? Pubs for example who won't have the matchdays and also the limited income from people staying away.
Non, insurance would probably cover most money loss, but there won't be much players get paid 52 weeks so there really not much difference just going to get that income a little later than expected.

christonabike

If after 3 weeks it’s starting to get games going again then they will get the money in the long run but many businesses are running week to week sadly.
Let’s hope Wasps get another kick in the balls finance wise lol!

Warwickhunt

If after 3 weeks it’s starting to get games going again then they will get the money in the long run but many businesses are running week to week sadly.
Let’s hope Wasps get another kick in the balls finance wise lol!
Turn their bond to junk should do it!

AStonesThrow

As a side note, would I be right in saying now is probably one of the best times to invest in FTSE shares? Massive deflation of value, surely that’ll rocket back up once Corona has subsided? Or am I being blindly ignorant and naive?

The Reverend Skyblue

Charlton will go into administration within the next month I've heard. They have no one financing the club. I've read The chairman has withdrawn all his financing due to someone slagging him off, hence they are up the creek without a paddle

AStonesThrow

Charlton will go into administration within the next month I've heard. They have no one financing the club. I've read The chairman has withdrawn all his financing due to someone slagging him off, hence they are up the creek without a paddle
Gotta feel for Charlton. Had a hard time under that Roland tosser and now this. Gotta hope they have some luck eventually, would hate to see another Bury story.
An old club with a decent fan base, could have easily been us. Fingers crossed something comes along to turn their fortunes around

Users who are viewing this thread