Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012
Does the interview today change anyone's opinions towards:

a) following CCfc in Northampton as they are not coming back soon and nothing will change this?

b) following a new team in the form of FC united or afc Wimbledon?

I am more likely to accept the club has gone and look to get behind a Coventry team personally

RFC

Apr 30, 2013
Breaking News ............................

"All the domino's are standing at the moment but once one gets knocked over quite a few will topple"!

Totally regardless of my thoughts and feelings about our current owners (or previous one's for that matter) I made a conscious decision to renew my season ticket and do what I've always done, support the Club, Manager, Players & Staff!

For me it's been a 'lifelong' commitment and as long as CCFC exsists, I'll continue to support & get behind them!

PUSB - PUSB - PUSB - PUSB

SkyBlueScottie

Mar 19, 2011
Following today's statement I am even more sure that SISU pointed to the mess of the League's bookkeeping and advised that if the golden share goes elsewhere the football league will be tied up in legal challenges.

There is no mention of the player registrations issue...... its a whitewash.

thaiskyblue

Mar 30, 2013
breaking news ............................

"all the domino's are standing at the moment but once one gets knocked over quite a few will topple"!

Totally regardless of my thoughts and feelings about our current owners (or previous one's for that matter) i made a conscious decision to renew my season ticket and do what i've always done, support the club, manager, players & staff!

For me it's been a 'lifelong' commitment and as long as ccfc exsists, i'll continue to support & get behind them!

Pusb - pusb - pusb - pusb
up to you, nopm..............

Manchester_sky_blue

Apr 10, 2013
I now firmly believe that CCFC will never return to Coventry, if they do survive it will be as a team outside of the city, I suspect either moving in to Nene Park or else making the groundshare at Sixfields permanent.

If they are not playing in Cov then they are no longer CCFC so I now turn my full support to a team that does play in the city, be that Sphinx or a new club im not sure, depends if 1883 gets off the ground I suppose.

Ashdown1

Dec 5, 2012
The Football League have played an appalling part in this debacle and Greg Clarke is pathetic. Listen to him and you'd think all this only kicked off on the day before the season ! Surely if you have a governing authority like this they should have stepped in at the end of last season to ensure it was resolved in plenty of time?

Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012
Freedom of information act then Greg. Publish the legal opinions then in a way you have so far refused to do

Spionkop

May 6, 2013
Us fans will eventually have to make a decision.
Are you prepared to wait FIVE years (at least) to see your team back (on the outskirts at best) in Coventry?
IF the prospects for the team coming back seem non existent, will you play your part in taking our club back?
I'm talking taking our club, with the history, our highs and lows, Jimmy Hill, the Old Five, Highfield Road, Clarrie Bourton, George Hudson, John Sillett, George Curtis et al, and reforming. We will know pretty soon. It's OUR club. Nobody else owns it.
By the time Sisu have floundered in Northampton we'll have risen again and be moving up. IT will be CCFC (sure we'll have to modify the name a tad, but not much). All we need is to work together.
I don't want to hear 'can't do.' & all the interminable legal crap from the usual posters.
We can do. Even the very thought of such a club will focus minds, Sisu ACL, the Football League. (Greg Clarke is basically emotionally blackmailing us).

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

Apr 10, 2013
Absolutely right. We need to start again. Screw sisu and fl

And screw ACL too? They are not innocent in this. I am starting to wonder if we end up having to go down the route of a new phoenix club whether it wouldn't be better to play somewhere else and make a totally clean break. We could have a more manageable stadium, closer to the city centre and more accessible by public transport. We could re-invent the spirit of highfield road in a ground of the fans choosing.

Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012
And screw ACL too? They are not innocent in this. I am starting to wonder if we end up having to go down the route of a new phoenix club whether it wouldn't be better to play somewhere else and make a totally clean break. We could have a more manageable stadium, closer to the city centre and more accessible by public transport. We could re-invent the spirit of highfield road in a ground of the fans choosing.
Loathed to add acl as I wouldn't deal with sisu either. Proof would be in how they worked with different owners of the club. That is not to say that acl are blameless!!

Last edited:

Manchester_sky_blue

Apr 10, 2013
Loathed to add acl as I wouldn't deal with sisu either. Proof would be in how they worked with different owners of the club. That is not to say that acl are blameless!!

Aye I agree with you on that, they perhaps deserve a second chance BUT I still think that if we are forced to start from the bottom of the non-league structure then it just won't be practical to use the Ricoh anyway, assuming ACL would even be interested.

Sky Blue Pete

Nov 24, 2012
Aye I agree with you on that, they perhaps deserve a second chance BUT I still think that if we are forced to start from the bottom of the non-league structure then it just won't be practical to use the Ricoh anyway, assuming ACL would even be interested.

Absolutely right. Share ground with rugby club. Pool resources for a while. Wouldn't be bottom of pyramid

GaryPendrysEyes

Mar 20, 2011
The FL are both incompetent and uninterested. They clearly haven't properly considered Sisu'/Otiums financial position and certainly have no clue how things will be in 2 or 3 years.
Sadly Les Reid then pulls out a headline as if Sisu have funds to do everything irrespective of a widespread fans boycott.
Les Reid's credibility is sinking day in day out.

Users who are viewing this thread