For God's sake -- put the supporters first ! (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

For the sake of the supporters whose wishes are being totally ignored -- ACL/Coventry City (Holdings) limited come to some arrangement to play at the Ricoh for 12 months whilst this mess is sorted out !

pw362

Emailed league urging to take into account the supporters wishes and reject any application from SISU to ground share next season.

lifelongcityfan

ive mailed appleton, the league , wlasall, and fisher. fisher rejected my mail as spam. got a standard response from appleton, nothing from walsall or league."every little heps"" will be at ryton tomorrow

Paxman II

I think given the time elements regarding fixtures etc there may well be a temporary arrangement for this season with the Ricoh Arena. I would think a bond of some sort with the FL between the two parties would be the way to go while the issues are address behind the scenes. Just guessing mind.

Voice_of_Reason

I think given the time elements regarding fixtures etc there may well be a temporary arrangement for this season with the Ricoh Arena. I would think a bond of some sort with the FL between the two parties would be the way to go while the issues are address behind the scenes. Just guessing mind.

From ACL's angle, surely some income is better than NO income ?

Otis

It is ridiculous. Pro-Sisu or anti-Sisu, this team belongs in Coventry and should play in Coventry and we have a perfectly good stadium here in this city.

The thought of not watching my team for the next 3 years makes me shudder.

I'm sure any outsider looking in must think all involved are a bunch of deluded lunatics.

Coventry belong here in Coventry and to even contemplate playing elsewhere for 3 years and then building a much smaller stadium outside the city to move into just beggars belief.

BurbageSkyBlues

It is ridiculous. Pro-Sisu or anti-Sisu, this team belongs in Coventry and should play in Coventry and we have a perfectly good stadium here in this city.

The thought of not watching my team for the next 3 years makes me shudder.

I'm sure any outsider looking in must think all involved are a bunch of deluded lunatics.

Coventry belong here in Coventry and to even contemplate playing elsewhere for 3 years and then building a much smaller stadium outside the city to move into just beggars belief.

Absolutely Otis

Covcraig@bury

Exactly!
-------------------
So why don't the trust with the backing of their merry men just tell all party's this is the only thing we will except . End of . Period .
That's all I ask for , someone ( all ) fr the trust to grow some balls and do it.

Paxman II

I agree with that sentiment Otis but what did Brighton do? The aim is to have a stadium with ownership of some sort that enables the income from all it's activities to help the football club or we are unsustainable.
Just agreeing to play at the Ricoh not going to do that. The only way is for the council to cough up the lease for say 99 years and give the vast majority of income streams to the football club all at a sensible lease rent. A premium for that lease would be payable up front of several million but the freehold remains the councils. There would be restrictions on levering the lease for any loans.

Now tell me why do we have ACL?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I agree with that sentiment Otis but what did Brighton do? The aim is to have a stadium with ownership of some sort that enables the income from all it's activities to help the football club or we are unsustainable.
Just agreeing to play at the Ricoh not going to do that. The only way is for the council to cough up the lease for say 99 years and give the vast majority of income streams to the football club all at a sensible lease rent. A premium for that lease would be payable up front of several million but the freehold remains the councils. There would be restrictions on levering the lease for any loans.

To stop someone getting it and still not give the vast majority of income streams to the club

Otis

The council/ACL/Higgs will sell . . . . just not to Sisu.

The club should get all the revenue streams, but we have here owners no-one trusts or can work with.

Sent from my KIS using Tapatalk 2

Manchester_sky_blue

Have emailed the league and the FA this morning. Have also written to my MP, not that he will do anything and as I don't live in Coventry it's not really anything to do with him either but I like to keep him busy.

chiefdave

I fear that the football league silence means there is more to this and they have messed up somewhere with Ltd and Holdings at HQ. Gut feeling :confused:

has to be this. there's no other reason to stay silent. one statement from them could clear up all the confusion so by staying silent it implies there is some truth in what Fisher is saying and buying Ltd doesn't mean you will own a FL team. i think they're hoping SISU buy Ltd out of admin and then everything is under one roof.

kg82

Fax the League, emails are too easy to block or delete.

Sorry BG, I've recently stopped living in the 80's!! But I did e-mail. Whether it'll be listened to is another thing, but they must be getting a few and can see the disillusion.

Users who are viewing this thread