For the record (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

As you know, I've had problems with making posts for about 2 years now. I've tried changing browsers to no avail. So a couple of weeks ago, I opened another account(I let Nick know,but don't know if he got the PM) in the name of SBK as most of you call me that anyway. That didn't work, but my original name of SKY BLUE KID works again now, albeit intermittently and limited useage. ie:- Can't use icons on the right of page and can't use highlights, and sometimes the "Reply with quote" doesn't work. I unlike others on here have never used a dual identity. Nick, I would be pleased if you let people know officially Thanks.

Godiva

For the record - You have made some 3400+ posts even though you have problems posting.
I fear for this forum if you should work out how to post without problems.

Sky Blue Kid

For the record - You have made some 3400+ posts even though you have problems posting. I fear for this forum if you should work out how to post without problems.
I was sat here wondering when the "W**k" replies would start flooding in. Just for the record - I KNOW how to post, but wether it's something at my end or on the web site I may never know.....Just for the record - Whilst people like yourself and quite a few others on here with an acute "Superiority Complex" keep posting on here, Then I "Fear for this forum" Have a nice day now.

Godiva

I was sat here wondering when the "W**k" replies would start flooding in. Just for the record - I KNOW how to post, but wether it's something at my end or on the web site I may never know.....Just for the record - Whilst people like yourself and quite a few others on here with an acute "Superiority Complex" keep posting on here, Then I "Fear for this forum" Have a nice day now.

Have you tried another computer?

Nick

Administrator

I think he was joking.

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Kid

Have you tried another computer?
Let me see now?!?!.......Is that one of those rectangular boxes with funny little things inside called a Father...no...motherboard with resistors and chips(Don't taste like chips to me) and Rams(Aren't they big to fit inside one of those boxes) and those flat things with a lid that opens and words and pictures suddenly appear...hip hop, or tip top, No...laptop(That's it)!

Godiva

Let me see now?!?!.......Is that one of those rectangular boxes with funny little things inside called a Father...no...motherboard with resistors and chips(Don't taste like chips to me) and Rams(Aren't they big to fit inside one of those boxes) and those flat things with a lid that opens and words and pictures suddenly appear...hip hop, or tip top, No...laptop(That's it)!

You have tried install another browser - that didn't help.
Next step would be try another computer.
If this doesn't help then it's a conspiracy, surely.

Sky Blue Kid

I think he was joking.
giphy.gif
My bad...I thought he was being his usual c**tful of sarcasm to anyone that hasn't got that formidable "Superiority complex" like he himself has. :( btw my last post was "Sarcasm" but I'm not in the same class as some. :)

Sky Blue Kid

@ Godiva.....It must be a conspiracy...and don't call me Shirley!..........................@ Beduff....There's me thinking a dual core 3600+, 3 gig of ram, with AMD Radeon HD 6450 Graphic card, was good enough to leave posts on a forum??? Ah well! back to the drawing board. ;)

Sky Blue Kid

@ Covstu....If I was to take the p**s out of every one of your posts, wouldn't you answer back? No need for p**s taking when a genuine posting is made. Is that ok with you or do you disagree?

fernandopartridge

As you know, I've had problems with making posts for about 2 years now. I've tried changing browsers to no avail. So a couple of weeks ago, I opened another account(I let Nick know,but don't know if he got the PM) in the name of SBK as most of you call me that anyway. That didn't work, but my original name of SKY BLUE KID works again now, albeit intermittently and limited useage. ie:- Can't use icons on the right of page and can't use highlights, and sometimes the "Reply with quote" doesn't work. I unlike others on here have never used a dual identity. Nick, I would be pleased if you let people know officially Thanks.

Congratulations, I'm really pleased for you.

Sky Blue Kid

Strange how the ones that responded to my post(With the exception of Beduff) are the ones that are amongst the biggest sarcastic nobs that post on here.....Strange how you can talk to me civilly in a PM but take the piss on open forum..eh Nick?

Nick

Administrator
Strange how the ones that responded to my post(With the exception of Beduff) are the ones that are amongst the biggest sarcastic nobs that post on here.....Strange how you can talk to me civilly in a PM but take the piss on open forum..eh Nick?

Is that really not being civil? Somebody made a basic joke / interaction because you made a post telling everybody you can post on a forum. I am not really too sure what you expected from the announcement?

Honestly, if people get wound up by a joke like that what can be done?

If you sent me a PM getting angry for no reason, I would do the same there. You send a PM being civil and you get civil replies. That is generally how it works.

Sky Blue Kid

Is that really not being civil? Somebody made a basic joke / interaction because you made a post telling everybody you can post on a forum. I am not really too sure what you expected from the announcement? Honestly, if people get wound up by a joke like that what can be done?
The reason for my OP was to say although I have 2 accounts I was not using both to make posts and deceive other posters. Taking the piss is not being "Civil." Sarcasm(It seems you, along with others) think is funny. When it is aimed at people it is anything but! As I said in my previous post Nick...Strange how YOU can be civil in a PM but are a Nobhead on open forum, and I daresay am not the only poster who thinks the same.

skybluebeduff

Perhaps you have extensions within your browser blocking such features on forums? I'm not a computer savvy person, but having Google Chrome and an AdBlock installed, I've never had problems with forums. I go on AboveTopSecret alot which is riddled with ads, but the adblock sorted all my problems.

Nick

Administrator
The reason for my OP was to say although I have 2 accounts I was not using both to make posts and deceive other posters. Taking the piss is not being "Civil." Sarcasm(It seems you, along with others) think is funny. When it is aimed at people it is anything but! As I said in my previous post Nick...Strange how YOU can be civil in a PM but are a Nobhead on open forum, and I daresay am not the only poster who thinks the same.

As I said, you start having a go and getting angry because somebody made a light hearted comment on a Saturday morning and it isn't the same as if you send a civil PM is it? You send me a PM with abuse and you would get a pisstake or sarcasm back?

Feel free to start a little witch hunt with your "I am not the only poster who thinks the same", nobody has said anything about you having 2 accounts. Nobody has accused you of trying to deceive other posters have they?

It is hardly taking the piss is it? It is being able to read what somebody has typed and make out whether it was nasty, whether it was a little bit of a joke and judge how it was intended.

If somebody had posted loads of actual abuse at you, then you would be right to be angry and I would have probably deleted / locked it as it wouldn't be called for would it.

What do you actually expect when you start abusing people because they had a bit of "banter" with you?

Grendel

Given you managed exclusive live screening to your house a couple of years ago for the Bury game I am surprised you haven't sorted this by now.

Sky Blue Kid

Given you managed exclusive live screening to your house a couple of years ago for the Bury game I am surprised you haven't sorted this by now.
Dragging up the past again eh Grendel? I would have thought you'd have distinguished the difference between "Estimations" and "Facts" by now too Grendel.

Grendel

Dragging up the past again eh Grendel? I would have thought you'd have distinguished the difference between "Estimations" and "Facts" by now too Grendel.

I have - the fact is you never watched the game on your TV

Users who are viewing this thread