for your enjoyment (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

Liked the quick throw in at the start of the move very rare for us, the bloke that sat behind me at hr was always saying that we have never been any good at throw ins pre gunnarson days

Hobo

I know highlights can be deceptive but we played some decent stuff there. Good goal, well taken, shame about the penalty.

pastythegreat

Liked the quick throw in at the start of the move very rare for us, the bloke that sat behind me at hr was always saying that we have never been any good at throw ins pre gunnarson days
Why just pre Gunnarson? We were no good at throw ins, pre, post or even during Gunnarson days. And don't get me started on corners.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hobo

Initially thought Biamou was onside, after watching it back I'm certain he was onside!

I had to watch it twice and it is close. But he comes back from an off side position, in front of last defender but from behind goalkeeper then back heels it in. Off side.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Remember the offside rule is two defenders closer to the goal. The keeper is nearly always one of those defenders, but in this case Biamou is past the keeper so definitely offside.

oucho

As soon as I saw that, I thought "offside". But they have tinkered with the rule from time to time so I'm never 100% sure what is and isn't TECHNICALLY offside. Still, just easier to adopt the Andy Townsend approach; "I don't care what the rules say, that's offside"

pastythegreat

So back onto the onside/offside debate.
It's hard but from DKEs initial shot (which was more cross) he was offside but that cross/shot was nowhere near Max, it then comes off their No17 who plays it backwards to Max to backheel into an empty net. That's where it gets confusing with the rules of off side with phase 1 and phase 2 and interfering in play etc etc.
Was he interfering in play when SKA has a shot? No I believe not, but you could argue he did gain an advantage from it!

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Screenshot attached. Interesting point about phase 1 and phase 2 and technically is the defection off the defender then phase 2? There's no way they could have allowed it though!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171231-122022.png
    Screenshot_20171231-122022.png
    2 MB · Views: 11

pastythegreat

Screenshot attached. Interesting point about phase 1 and phase 2 and technically is the defection off the defender then phase 2? There's no way they could have allowed it though!
There was no argument from the 17 who passed it backwards to him! He knew he'd gifted us a goal. Just slumped to the floor!

Users who are viewing this thread