Forest takeover (1 Viewer)

win9nut

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18791016

Know a few forest fans and they seem genuinely excited (understandably) but I hate it when teams buy the league...

Astute

Like Cardiff and Fester have done?

The Reverend Skyblue

reading into what some of the fans are saying on othere sites i agree most are excited, but and its a big but, they realise they know very little about the Awasi family and the source of there wealth overall. I would say well done and enjoy it to the Forest fans, but the new owners need to be looked into further.

The main aim for the new owners and has been quoted by them, is to make the club sustainable in the future, so in my eyes that makes them spending and splashing there money around out of the question. If they aim to spend big and be sustainable then the only option i can see is increasing the City ground by a lot hence increasing revenues, but that will cost a ot of money also. Some of the posters think what may happen is a new ground that will provide the income to go for a charge on the Prem if they want to be sustainable and succesfull. If they go for a new ground then spending on the squad will take a hit.

Just my take on things but i wish them well

The Rev

Last edited:

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Do they have hedge funds in Saudi?...

At least the FFP rules should prevent a Man Citeh scenario.

Still jealous mind...

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I work with a Forest fan who is very excited, however one wonders why they are so keen to get into football.

It's either going to be a Man City-esque scenario where they just buy quality and walk the league, or they could turn Blackburn-esque where owners think they can throw money into a football club, not actually knowing anything about the game, and heading the wrong direction (which , whilst Cotterill is manager I hope they end up the latter :) ).

Yes I am probably jealous as their take over will probably end up being more successful than ours.

Gray

there are certainly more failures than success stories when it comes to rich foreigners buying football clubs

Users who are viewing this thread