Forget promotion (1 Viewer)

Black6Osprey

This talk that this team have the ability because we did it against Brum is crap. Any team can raise their game once in a while and do the unexpected. A team is measured by what they are capabable of as an average and so far thats well short of getting out of this league.

dongonzalos

Just hope the negiotions with Harry don't drag on too long.

We all know he is ready for a real challenge and wants to swap sand banks for Ken road.

Would it have been better if they did their research, set themselves some targets and did discrete approaches to them over the next 4 weeks.

Which would have given a bit more time to see if this geling factor was significant.

Also would have really given them time to get the msn they want if it wasn't.

Then after this time sack thorn, New man in within 48 hours.

The only problem with this is, can u trust the people you sound out to be discreet.

I assume they didn't do this as they hoped Shaw would put a run together and save money.

JulianDarbyFTW

I for one won't 'forget promotion' 9% of the way through a season. The negativity surrounding the club (and this forum) is understandable but also ultimately futile. To put things into perspective the majority agree that this season has so far been tough/poor but we have lost 1 game out of 7. We will undoubtably improve once a manager is appointed. As Richard Shaw pointed out, he hasn't had chance to instill his values to the players. When he or a replacement manager get chance to do this I believe we can compete at the top end.

skyblueman

Go where?

The only place they can go is liquidation, and they will lose a lot more money down that road.

If they start to think they will never get their £30 Million back - do you think they will still want to fund us to the tune of £3Million a year?

Good money after bad and all that!

stupot07

My issue is not the technical ability of our squad it is the characteristics, desire, hunger, fight, consistency, leadership, leading by example. And that's before you add the lack of pace and goals, or the ability to grab a game by the scruff of its neck.

IMO we have not recruited wisely, and I have been broadly supportive of Thorn.

skyblueman

My issue is not the technical ability of our squad it is the characteristics, desire, hunger, fight, consistency, leadership, leading by example. And that's before you add the lack of pace and goals, or the ability to grab a game by the scruff of its neck.

After the initial euphoria of all the new signings I am beginning to feel the same way ...

SkyBlue_Bear83

To imply Thorn had NOTHING to do with relegation is MADNESS. Shaw is merely trying to show solidarity for Thorn by using his tactic tgo PROVE it was wrong to sack him! Unfortunately, the diamond was played against Crewe, and was finally laid to rest as a useless formation. Then as Shaw is not a manager (hoiwever much he would like to be) went to what he played at Coventry. Unfortunately again, this hasn't worked!

When you cannot beat Burton Albion (similar to Bedworth Utd) in full 90 minutes and have to take LOTS of penalties to win, you cannot claim the side is good enough to get promotion!

This is the real legacy of Thorn, from a lower-mid championship team to a low level League 1 team. Don't give me excuses - these are HIS players. These were on HIS list. Thorn is responsible for this shower!

Get used to crowds of 6-7k as if this continues, and SISU wont go, all they will have are the ST holders and away fans! Forget roll up fans on the day - no one is going to go out of their way and pay championship prices for this crap!
No one is implying Thorn had nothing to do with relegation, I would say it was right to sack him.

However to suggest all this damage is down to Thorn is ludicrous. Was it Thorns decision to sell Turner, Juke, Gael and Keogh and reinvest no/little of that money. Was it Thorns decision to only sign 3 permanent players last season, was it Thorns decision that we must rely mostly on free transfers this season.

Yes you can argue Thorn could have done better with what he was given and you can criticise his tactics and formations but when people are solely blame Thorn for the position we are in..well you can see why certain individuals are accused of having a vendetta against him.

For the past 2 years the owners have contributed to our downfall more than anyone else at the club, they have ripped apart a strong core of a championship side and replaced them with either nothing or a free transfer, it doesn't look like they are going anywhere so we can only hope they get there act together

SkyBlue_Bear83

We've had players like this in Doyle, Deegan and Mcpake in the past and they are just disregarded as crap

I just checked Hibs results as a matter of intererest and they are 3rd in the table with only one loss, drew with Celtic in there last fixture

I think it's a bit silly to write us off at this point.

We've seen what they are capable of if they just apply themselves (and that's without Fleck coming into the side).

The choice of manager is crucial. Only after his first batch of games will we get an idea of what can be achieved this season.

If he turns things around you'll have posts on here saying we're world beaters.

skybluedaze

Maybe brum were just totally crap that night?

Good point. I think Brum were crap that night. They have been since the start of the season. They lost to Watford and then Watford got stuffed by Derby. The current Cov squad would probably still go up on that sort of form in League 1. Just need some consistency in line up and performance.

Users who are viewing this thread