Form (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

last 8 games

Won 5
Drew 1
Lost 2

Played - Pompey Sunderland Charlton Barnsley Southend Oxford Wycombe and Bristol rovers

Return of 16 points from 24

Shaky start but we are putting in playoff /promotion form now , is it possible ?

fernandopartridge

last 8 games

Won 5
Drew 1
Lost 2

Played - Pompey Sunderland Charlton Barnsley Southend Oxford Wycombe and Bristol rovers

Shaky start but we are putting in playoff /promotion form now , is it possible ?
It certainly is possible but best to take each game as it comes than worry about it

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

That's frighteningly good.

Feels like it has been frustrating at times but I guess we probably shouldn't complain. That's a good return by all accounts!

Esoterica

last 8 games

Won 5
Drew 1
Lost 2

These late goals are massive. When teams get the self-belief that they can score at any point up to the final whistle then they become very dangerous.
Golden opportunity to string 4 league wins together at Bradford too. That has happened only 3 times since we were relegated from the Prem (i think):

Nov 2015 4-1 vs Gillingham (The Murphy hattrick) under Mowbray, previously beating Peterborough, Barnsley, Colchester
Feb 2002 4-0 vs Barnsley (Chippo, Thompson (2), Mills) under Nilsson, previously beating Rotherham, Crewe, Walsall
Dec 2002 2-0 vs Reading (Hignett, Partridge) under McAllister, previously beating Stoke, Wolves, Derby.

JulianDarbyFTW

I think it was Aidy Boothroyd who said 2 points per game gets you automatic promotion, 1.6 gets you playoffs. If we win on Tuesday we'll hit that 1.6 mark.

smileycov

Facebook User
last 8 games

Won 5
Drew 1
Lost 2

Even more so when you consider, of the 2 defeats, Pompey should have been a draw at least. And the draw v Sunderland I felt we deserved the win

Last edited:

luwalla

last 8 games

Won 5
Drew 1
Lost 2

now imagine the team with a match fit & fully firing Jodi Jones, Conor chaplin hitting mcnulty form where all those saved & missed shots end up going in, Thomas & bayliss starting to score from those mazy runs and hitting form & and players like Mason, sterling & brown getting the supply in that we thought they would.

if you build it they will come...

Magwitch

I think we could be on the brink of being a very strong outfit, defensively mean and variations now in attack but not getting carried away just yet, where I think we are capable of beating anyone in this division I also know we can still have what I call Yeovil moments remembering four of our defeats have come from teams in the bottom half, imo we need to become more ruthless.

fernandopartridge

These late goals are massive. When teams get the self-belief that they can score at any point up to the final whistle then they become very dangerous.
Golden opportunity to string 4 league wins together at Bradford too. That has happened only 3 times since we were relegated from the Prem (i think):

Nov 2015 4-1 vs Gillingham (The Murphy hattrick) under Mowbray, previously beating Peterborough, Barnsley, Colchester
Feb 2002 4-0 vs Barnsley (Chippo, Thompson (2), Mills) under Nilsson, previously beating Rotherham, Crewe, Walsall
Dec 2002 2-0 vs Reading (Hignett, Partridge) under McAllister, previously beating Stoke, Wolves, Derby.
Strangely our seasons have disintegrated each time after these runs

pipkin73

Anyway, we have been breaking lots of hoodoos lately. Let's make that another one. If we win it's 4 but then another team we struggle against, Doncaster. So kill the hoodoos and make it 5 on the go.

clint van damme

last 8 games

Won 5
Drew 1
Lost 2

I am starting to feel a little bit expectant.
Maybe unreasonably so, but after years of shit why not?
And if it doesn't happen I'll still be there. Same as you bunch of annoying belligerent bastards who I argue like fuck with but actually love a little bit #Pusb
#clintispissedagain

PVA

There were plenty idiots on here who wanted Robins sacked after we lost to Portsmouth (best team in the league), the overreactions on here are ridiculous.

Kingokings204

Did anyone really?

Yes some were calling for his head. The fact is we were always going to start slowly due to the playoffs and a new higher league . Now we are settled and yes we will lose soon I’m sure but overall we look half decent for this league and should aim for a top half finish.

davebart

Shows that this is actually a weak division and we made a right old mess of it before, particularly under Mowbray. It seems that Robins is a good fit for CCFC though, and while the behind the scenes shenanigans have not entirely gone away there appears to be more stability..

Users who are viewing this thread