Frank Lampard (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Brilliant and the best goal scoring midfielder of his generation??

Otis

Bugger!

Thought you were going to say we were getting him on loan!! :facepalm:

Sky Blue Pete

Just realised wrong forum-sorry admins. Funny thing is Otis some on here would be saying his best years have been and gone. His legs won't last, who would he replace out of moussa or Jennings? Surely we can afford better etc etc

DukeOfCov

Just realised wrong forum-sorry admins. Funny thing is Otis some on here would be saying his best years have been and gone. His legs won't last, who would he replace out of moussa or Jennings? Surely we can afford better etc etc

I think we could try and fit him in somewhere...:D

WillieStanley

How many of the goals he'scored have come from penalties?

There's a misconception that goals scored from the penalty spot don't count (Juke used to get loads of stick for it). You still have to score a penalty, beat the keeper and get it on target. It's as much a skill to take a penalty as it is to score any goal. It's like saying "How many of Gary Linaker's were tap ins?"

stupot07

There's a misconception that goals scored from the penalty spot don't count (Juke used to get loads of stick for it). You still have to score a penalty, beat the keeper and get it on target. It's as much a skill to take a penalty as it is to score any goal. It's like saying "How many of Gary Linaker's were tap ins?"

Whilst I agree, it does distort the analysis when pur talking about the greatness of a goalscoring midfielder. I'm sure those same people wouldn't class Phil Neal as a goalscoring full back but rather a full back who also took penalties. I think there is a bit of a distinction.

The other is he has played his entire Chelsea career almost as a second striker behind a lone striker rather than as an orthodox central midfielder in a 442. Look at Gerrards record when he played that role with Torres compared to a standard season playing much deeper. Don't get me wrong lampards record is top notch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread