Frankie Boyle

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by bringbackrattles, May 12, 2017.

1. richnrg

richnrg Active Member

John Bishop tells a joke:
    9:30 pm: "I used to haaave threeeee teen-age sonnnns...."
    10:00 pm: "I've nowwww gottt twoo teeeeeeeeeeeeen-age sonnnnns.........and...."etc

2. Mcbean

Mcbean Active Member

Boyle it blew by not being funny about things that normal people are sensitive about - i agree he was sharp and quick but went somewhere he did not need to
    saw Manning at the IOM TT - the gig just turned into a massive can fight when several of the audience disagreed with one another - the gene pool was down
    Got invited to a 50 yrs celebration for a Jag dealer - one customer happened to be Jim Bowen who did a set without swearing , no blue jokes - was incredibly funny - i hurt a lot - that was talent - i wouldnt have chosen to see him but would jump at the chance !
    Saw Jeremy Hardy a few months ago - he's a mate of Corbins - laughed like a drain the whole way through !

bringbackrattles likes this.
  3. clint van damme

clint van damme Well-Known Member

I saw Jeremy Hardy at Glastonbury, he was OK. There was a bloke on before juggling children so that was always going to take some beating.

4. Monners

Monners Well-Known Member

Goes by the name of Astute I believe :angelic:

clint van damme likes this.
  5. Adge

Adge Active Member

If you are going for Jim Bowen I guess we should give Bob Monkhouse a shout for being quick witted.

6. Malaka

Malaka Well-Known Member

I saw Jimmy Carr a couple of months ago at Warwick, he was good. Most disappointed when I saw Billy Connolly. As for Frankie's comment about life, I am 55 and can not think of a prolonged time in my life when I thought it is good to be alive.