Free transfers last summer? (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Marks out of 10 for season so far

Marosi - 8 top quality passing and proving he’s mug at shot stopping
Wilson - 6 mistakes in his catching but again great with the ball at his feet and clearly supporting marosi well in training
Dabo - 8 strong tackler, excellent engine and the way he’s come back from the own goals has been excellent. Also has his teams back
Rose - 8 mr consistent. Great on the ball and so aware of covering his mates
Mcfazdean - 7 been all much better the last few games. When he tries to do more than the easy pass he gets caught out. Could still prove to be pivotal in a good season
McCallum - 9 the graph on his improvement is exponential. Be nice to keep him but think it will be out of our hands as the money keeps the project afloat
Walsh - 7 as a loan it’s a fabulous piece of business. Played himself into the team the last month having been prone to getting caught in possession
Josh Pask - 5 jury completely out as not been around
Callum O’Hare - 7 off the bench wonderful interesting now shipley and westbrooke ahead of him
Jamie Allen - 6 glimpses of a real asset in the games he’s played. Again interesting shipley and westbrooke ahead of him. Especially bad shipley playing his position
Jobello - 6 just getting up to speed when injured
Kastaneer - 5 jury still out may prove his worth

Will obviously have missed some but that is some good recruitment isn’t it?

not sure the last two were free though

AStonesThrow

What I like with both Dabo and McCallum is how much they want to win. They give 100% for as long as their bodies will allow. I like that Dabo tries to amp up the crowd when it gets quiet too, shows some passion. All in, a very good transfer window and even those unproven will possibly prove to be a worthy investment. Says a lot that the two unproven players (Pask albeit by injury, and Kastaneer) came with possibly the highest reputations out the lot

AStonesThrow

As far as I'm aware, everyone involved with Bristol City are dead excited about Walsh and want to keep hold of him. I expect they'll offer him a new contract post January

mrtrench

As far as I'm aware, everyone involved with Bristol City are dead excited about Walsh and want to keep hold of him. I expect they'll offer him a new contract post January

He may decide to wait and see if we get promoted before signing a new contract with Bristol.

He's 22 and signed for Bristol 2 years ago. If I understand the rules correctly and he eventually declines a new contract at Bristol, I believe there is compensation to pay them but it's not likely to be large as they only owned him for 9 months until he turned 21 - and training compensation is only payable up to 21st birthday (but continues up until the player is 23).

SlowerThanPlatt

Bristol City signed an 18 year old from Monaco for £7.2m who’s played mostly every game for them this season in his position - I think they’re shopping in a different market to players like Walsh, I wouldn’t be surprised if he was available to leave. They’re a club with serious ambitions of getting in the PL and staying there

Users who are viewing this thread