Freedom of Information Act (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Does anybody definitively know.

As the council are aPublic Sector entity could the CET request access to the minutes from these meetings with SISU under the Freedom of Information Act.

Would be interesting to see the truth and not PR released statements

skybluemarky

They would have to consider it but there are several exemptions that would probably prevent it being released. The two most likely being access to private information (about the nature of the deal) and, most likely, the exemption for commercial interests.

Worth making a request though, they might deem the exemptions not strong enough to outweigh the public interest.

Wrenstreetcarpark

If they owned ACL entirely there would be more of a case but they only own 50% and opening up access to Council discussions would be opening up those of all the different groups in the room which would make it impossible for the Council ever to have a commercial conversation.

If something happens where the Council have to make a decision about their shareholding it would probably have to be taken by the Council and would thus be in public.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Sorry Dongonzalos I have to agree - ACL is defined as a private limited company which the council do not control. Therefore FofI does not apply.

What will be available would be the minutes of any meetings at the council where Mr Mutton or other councilors reported back to the rest of the council. These are usually on the council website

dongonzalos

Sorry Dongonzalos I have to agree - ACL is defined as a private limited company which the council do not control. Therefore FofI does not apply.

What will be available would be the minutes of any meetings at the council where Mr Mutton or other councilors reported back to the rest of the council. These are usually on the council website

Ok that is interesting then, lets see if the CET can go after those minutes instead.

Try and see what they are recommending and see if we the fans and tax payers actually agree with it. Instead of just getting told afterwards that a decision has been made whether we agree or not.

Brightonskyblue are you in a position to suggest this to Any Turner in reply to his email to you?

Brighton Sky Blue

The reply I sent to him last night basically asked him to let me know when he got an answer to my question. I think it's fair to give him a bit of time (though not an eternity) to properly investigate ARVO/SISU himself-any member of the public can make a request under the FoI though so there's nothing to stop one of us doing it :)

Blueandwhites

The council are a local authority so are caught by the FOI act (FOIA). Are Acl carrying out a FUNCTION on behalf of the council? If yes, they might be caught by FOIA too? I will try and look into it. Council minutes are covered under the local govt acts, so that might be an avenue to pursue. I submitted my own request last week BUT if the council receive multiple requests about the same issue, they might be able to decline requests as vexatious. Personally, i would say it is NOT wise to bombard them with FOIA requests. Wonder if the CET have pursued this as their reporting doesnt seem to suggest this. For most journalists it's a priority.

Brighton Sky Blue

I have major doubts over the CET's own investigative work-at this moment in time if we want real information we need to find it ourselves.

dongonzalos

The reply I sent to him last night basically asked him to let me know when he got an answer to my question. I think it's fair to give him a bit of time (though not an eternity) to properly investigate ARVO/SISU himself-any member of the public can make a request under the FoI though so there's nothing to stop one of us doing it :)

Sound like a plan

Blueandwhites

I have major doubts over the CET's own investigative work-at this moment in time if we want real information we need to find it ourselves.

I agree BSB. Should get a response within 20 working days. If they dislose anything - there is arguably a very strong public interest in the right to know, then I'll post. There are however,, as has been said, a number of exemptions that can prevent disclosure. Wish CET would dig. Seems like its up to the fans...

Brighton Sky Blue

There's probably countless City fans out there who are blissfully unaware of pretty important information because the local media have failed them; thank god for the likes of OSB here otherwise we wouldn't have a bloody clue.

wingy

There's probably countless City fans out there who are blissfully unaware of pretty important information because the local media have failed them; thank god for the likes of OSB here otherwise we wouldn't have a bloody clue.
The last time i emailed them back around september re; SISU intentions ,how did it come to this Stadium wise, i did'nt hear anything back ,then around 5-6 Six days later was the Deulliu inerview ,you know the one about good news by Christmas in the mail by moxley.Now i'm not suggesting it was down to me but maybe they sub the delicate /searching stuff out so as not to destroy the working relationship,Having said that it was'nt that searching ,more like waffle.:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread