French Trialist Striker - Florian Ankoue (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Revealed: This is the French striker Coventry City have on trial

I heard the name Florian Ankoue from Toulouse before (same person who told me about Armstrong) and instantly thought it would be him.

Went to post it earlier on a new thread but the images didn't seem to match so didn't bother thinking it wasn't him!

ankoue.jpg

edgy

He worked hard,” said the development coach.
“He’s typically French, very sulky, very this and that, and he’s happy because France have just got to the World Cup Final.
“Whether he’s going to be one for us? He’s probably at an age where he’s a bit too old for us at 20/21.
“Ponticelli is in the same age group so he’d be competing in that one.
“We definitely need one in the Under-23s. That’s an area we are trying to get a development squad striker in.
“He’s come in and done his job but it’s a massive thing for him to try to adapt.
“He’s only been in the country a week, doesn’t speak much English so it’s difficult.”

Translated roughly into "nah mate".

Nick

Administrator
“He’s typically French, very sulky, very this and that, and he’s happy because France have just got to the World Cup Final.
“Whether he’s going to be one for us? He’s probably at an age where he’s a bit too old for us at 20/21.
“We definitely need one in the Under-23s. That’s an area we are trying to get a development squad striker in.
“He’s come in and done his job but it’s a massive thing for him to try to adapt.
“He’s only been in the country a week, doesn’t speak much English so it’s difficult.”

Must be something in training, apparently did well in the Bedworth game.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

More like we need one in the category of: 'First team.'

edgy

Must be something in training, apparently did well in the Bedworth game.
Not according to Farndon, he didn't.

Has he been training with us? I get the feeling he's literally been dropped into this game and that's it.

mark82

Scored and got an assist in a trial where he didn't know any of the other players and couldn't speak the language. Not that much of a bad trial surely?

2 assists wasn't it (according to Andy Turner)? Doesn't sound bad to me but Farndon didn't sound positive.

better days

A trialist has to be outstanding to get a contract
Interesting that Farndon uses the word 'sulky' about him
Nazon was like that and had such a low opinion of McNulty he wouldn't pass to him in games
It was only after Robins told him he wouldn't play unless he started passing that he remembered it's a team game
Guys with that sort of attitude can be popular with fans if they score a spectacular goal because of their selfishness but poison for team spirit

steve cooper

Strange, sulky and happy at the same time. Given that we will play France if we can win tonight, I wonder if something has gone on, or been said, more than just banter.

jordan210

When we had Nazon. He was "typicality French" Also spoke a little English.

Both him and Max got finned for talking in French not English at training.

If his guy can play and score in League 1 than happy days.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Interesting that Farndon uses the word 'sulky' about him
No real problem with that, do have a slight problem with that being equated to being 'typically French'. What next? Typically Spanish for going to sleep at half time? Typically German for being ruthlessly efficient yet boring, if slightly sinister? Typically Australian for always being drunk? Typically Austrian for building a cellar under his house and imprisoning a family member...?

Nick

Administrator
No real problem with that, do have a slight problem with that being equated to being 'typically French'. What next? Typically Spanish for going to sleep at half time? Typically German for being ruthlessly efficient yet boring, if slightly sinister? Typically Australian for always being drunk? Typically Austrian for building a cellar under his house and imprisoning a family member...?
Ha it did generalise a bit

Forgetting we do have French players in the squad

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

In fairness the French are very sulky people in general. France is one of few places where the people will openly moan about you out loud in front of your face and not give a shit too.

Cultures are different, and Farndon has a point with what he is saying to be honest.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I know this was meant to funny and not meant to serious.
Germans are NOT boring and have very good sense of humour. Worked in Germany for two years
Australians are not big drinkers at all. Big misconception that. Lived there quite a lot and I'm an Australian citizen.

So maybe I'm being pedantic but correcting a few myths from experience.

Nick

Administrator
Germans are NOT boring and have very good sense of humour. Worked in Germany for two years
Australians are not big drinkers at all. Big misconception that. Lived there quite a lot and I'm an Australian citizen.

Australian citizens are pedantic then instead of drunk ;)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Depends with who you mix with I think. I have loads of German mates who are great fun, but I have certainly met a lot of German people who are extremely boring. There is one on this forum for instance! (Joke Mart).

I worked in a backpackers hostel in California for half a year and the Aussies we had there used to pack away the booze more than most other nations in fairness. Brits and Germans also pretty up there. A lot of the Australian girls there were massive sluts too... - That isn't relevant whatsoever but I thought I would include it!

Users who are viewing this thread