Friday trivia (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Name the only club in the top 3 tiers we haven't played in the league for the last 43 years?

ceetee

Don't know the answer but as a guess to help others I'd say it was a team who were promoted when we were relegated

Grendel

Yep, correct. Hoping for Fulham or Huddersfield away in the cup if we can't get a local game

We definitely played Fulham in some competetion in the early 80's

rupert_bear

We played Huddersfield in first division in the 70s when they had one of the best players I seen playing for them, who was that ?
I

Grendel

We played Huddersfield in first division in the 70s when they had one of the best players I seen playing for them, who was that ?
I

Chris Chilton?

CJ_covblaze

Love the Cottage. In my top 5 proper grounds. Shame stadia isn't made like that anymore. Huddersfield is one of the ten I need to do.

SkyBlueSid

Huddersfield were in Div.1 from 1970-72. We played them 4 times, Frank Worthington played each time but didn't score. I saw us win 1-0 there in 1972 with an Ernie Hunt goal, that was at their old Leeds Road ground which was a right dump. We also won a League Cup tie there in 1978.

The last time we played Fulham in the league was at Craven Cottage in 1968 when they got relegated. Brian Hill scored his only top flight goal in the 1-1 draw. They won 3-0 at HR earlier in the season. The only time I've been to the Cottage was the 2-2 draw in the Milk Cup in 1983.

Terry Gibson's perm

Love the Cottage. In my top 5 proper grounds. Shame stadia isn't made like that anymore. Huddersfield is one of the ten I need to do.

I have been to watch Huudersfield v Swindon in a box there it is not the best of grounds and looks quite cheaply put together.

CJ_covblaze

NorthernWisdom

I'll say this for Al Fayad, he may be seen by many as a mentalist as a rule, but he did the right thing keeping Fulham close to their roots and redeveloping their home, rather than bogging off elsewhere (I say this and as I type I fear the direction this thread may take, as I wasn't even thinking of Wasps when I said it, more every club under the sun who builds a new flat-pack ground).

Last edited:

ccfc92

I'll say this for Al Fayad, he may be seen by many as a mentalist as a rule, but he did the right thing keeping Fulham close to their roots and redeveloping their home, rather than bogging off elsewhere (I say this and as I type I fear the direction this thread may take, as I wasn't even thinking of Wasps when I said it, more every club under the sun who builds a new flat-pack ground).

Same could be said for Liverpool extending Anfield.

Arsenal have done okay as the Emirates is down the road from Highbury.

But many teams move to soulless bowls now, and it's just not the same :(

Users who are viewing this thread