Friendly v Nuneaton Borough (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Sunderland losing 5-2

Tommo1993

Death, taxes and Cov playing Nuneaton in pre season.
bored jack nicholson GIF

Hobo

I don’t know why we play this lot every season it’s always a kick Cov exercise.
Treacle town mentality.
Perhaps it introduces soft schooled but talented academy kids to the realities of competitive football?

Now please explain "Treacle town mentality" as I have never lived there

stupot07

I don’t know why we play this lot every season it’s always a kick Cov exercise.
Treacle town mentality.
To be fair we started it, Cashman was lucky not to be sent off after 15 mins for an awful studs up challenge.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Perhaps it introduces soft schooled but talented academy kids to the realities of competitive football?

Now please explain "Treacle town mentality" as I have never lived there
only thing it seems to do is introduce some of them to a lengthy spell out

fuck Nuneaton, no more games and no more loans

slowpoke

years
I don’t like them - some of their fans have a big chip on their shoulder when it comes to us and the stunt they pulled signing Lee Hughes was disgusting
Nothing wrong with Nuneaton people and a lot are big Cov fans despite our crap situation over the years, but the Nuneaton v Cov annual friendly games theres always an edge to it.

They have been through the mill like us, crap owners over the years, ground sold off for housing, went burst, came back with a name change and relocated in the middle of nowhere, current owner sound as a pound and all things considered has done a decent job there.
Worked with JG, known him for years he’s a proper grass roots football man, apart from being a Villa fan can’t be perfect.
But as I said earlier friendly matches with Borough aren’t very friendly from the players.

Users who are viewing this thread