From SISU's point of view (1 Viewer)

Hincha

This is purely hypothetical. Let's just assume keeping Pressley sends us down and installing a new manager keeps us up.

Which is more cost effective:

A. Keep Pressley and go down, get less money from the football league, lower gates but allowed to cut wages as it doesn't cost as much to remain competitive in league 2.

B. Sack Pressley, pay off his 4 year contract, appoint a new manager and stay up meaning more money from the league but having to keep wage bill at a league one standard.

I'm asking this because I'm unsure of the financial gap between league 1 + 2, is it very big? How much do you lose for dropping out of league one?

ajsccfc

With Pressley's contract it'd be stupid of them to have given him a long-term contract without some kind of clause that allows them to cut and run without having to pay him excessive compensation.

Of course with their track record of decision making, I wouldn't be surprised.

Hincha

Yes that's probably the case, didn't take that into account.

If you look at the vile, from Lerner'd point of view, going down would be a catastrophe financially especially with this TV deal and the fact he wants to sell up, therefore Lambert had to go, the risk was necessary.

It was touted around when we got relegated from the championship that we would lose around 5M. So basically what I'm getting at is sacking Pressley worth the financial risk from SISU's point of view.

Terry Gibson's perm

They will struggle to get decent money for the youth teams players they sell if they go down, clubs just don't pay millions for players from division 4

wingy

The loss on TV money Is only £120K
There Is some data somewhere that suggests normally the drop off In support between Championship and L1 Is I think 52% and between L1and L2a further two %
However though I believe I read that In the last year reading It back It makes me question It as I recall we were getting 14K when we first came down and well that's too Impressive for the likes of us although we are making up for It now
We currently have an extraordinary situation
and it's Impossible to read
We have possibly the kind of level we should have were we In L2 but It could go down by a further 2K
Sorry to be so verbose

Warwickhunt

With Pressley's contract it'd be stupid of them to have given him a long-term contract without some kind of clause that allows them to cut and run without having to pay him excessive compensation.

Of course with their track record of decision making, I wouldn't be surprised.
They dont pay compo at this level! they put the manager on Gardening Leave and pay him his salary monthly until he gets another job - they would just take a hit on paying him his salary monthly rather than give him a huge wedge upfront

Users who are viewing this thread