From the boardroom - Port Vale (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
PUSB: 'From the Boardroom' versus Port Vale

Towards the end of August, the first team squad undertook their first community visits of the season. Their commitment is that at least once per month the players will visit the schools and community groups in Coventry and Warwickshire, many of the players personally supporting some of the 31 Sky Blues in the Community projects, which had nearly 19,000 participants and over 232,000 hours of sessions last year.

Good to see it will be a monthly thing!

oucho

I agree and hopefully if it's a success they will increase the frequency of these. I may be wrong but our players like those at other teams only train until early afternoon on weekdays, so could do afternoon visits to schools etc several times per week.

oucho

I for one have always wondered what footballers do with their afternoons when training is finished....there's only so many episodes of Homes Under The Hammer you could sit and watch, surely?

letsallsingtogether

I remember Peter Ndlovu playing football in the street with local kids from the area.
Got to know a few of the local girls aswell :)

Captain Dart

I for one have always wondered what footballers do with their afternoons when training is finished....there's only so many episodes of Homes Under The Hammer you could sit and watch, surely?
I know what Micky Quinn used to do. Used to see him go into a local betting shop now & again.

oucho

I know what Micky Quinn used to do. Used to see him go into a local betting shop now & again.
I heard this too - allegedly he didn't take kindly to being approached by our fans whilst in the bookies, from what I heard. Pretty sure Mick's off-field lifestyle was atypical of the average player though!

Nick

Administrator
Kevin Kyle, always in the bookies opposite Wetherspoons in Bedworth. Probably why he ended up on a ship.

Grendel

That reminds me - a friend of one of my kids was excitedly texting her last week that he had a celebrity in the train carriage with him. He then was even more thrilled when said celebrity posed for a selfie.

She showed me and I said I was surprised he knew who he was. She looked at me puzzled and said she didnt know how I knew as I'd never seen homes under the hammer.

oucho

That reminds me - a friend of one of my kids was excitedly texting her last week that he had a celebrity in the train carriage with him. He then was even more thrilled when said celebrity posed for a selfie.

She showed me and I said I was surprised he knew who he was. She looked at me puzzled and said she didnt know how I knew as I'd never seen homes under the hammer.
Presume you recognised Martin Roberts having seen him on some other programme, then?

Users who are viewing this thread