Fuel prices (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

I don't get the difference in prices at same sellers, eg diesel at Tescos in Stirling is 170.9 but in Dundee is 162.9. Why aren't they the same?
It's market pricing at the end of the day, Tesco will price according to the local competition

Grendel

It's market pricing at the end of the day, Tesco will price according to the local competition

It’s been 159 for diesel at sandpits lane garage for weeks cheaper than anywhere

skyblue1991

BP and Shell announcing multi billion pound profits is nothing short of a disgrace

The government should be stepping in here...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

wingy

BP and Shell announcing multi billion pound profits is nothing short of a disgrace

The government should be stepping in here...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
So should they be on the energy companies.
The gas price has been falling,in fact lower than before it all started as far as I recall.
Certainly lower than predicted £4000
and £6000 by Spring.
Its had long enough to work through now.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So should they be on the energy companies.
The gas price has been falling,in fact lower than before it all started as far as I recall.
Certainly lower than predicted £4000
and £6000 by Spring.
Its had long enough to work through now.
Really pisses me off when they say "the price has gone up so we've got to put prices up straight away" then when they come down it's "but we bought it a higher rate so we've got to wait until we've used that up to bring the price down"

It's the most transparent bit of complete bullshit ever.

Grendel

skybluetony176

Well done to Centrica they must have made some amazing improvements to have tripled profits🤔
Something is seriously wrong here. People are skipping meals to heat their house or not heating their house so they can eat and then you hear this. The government seriously needs to sort this out. The energy price cap is clearly weighted heavily in favour of these companies recording record profits.

shmmeee

Something is seriously wrong here. People are skipping meals to heat their house or not heating their house so they can eat and then you hear this. The government seriously needs to sort this out. The energy price cap is clearly weighted heavily in favour of these companies recording record profits.

British Gas made £10/customer/year profit. It’s the generation companies that are making bank. I honestly don’t see how the competition law that says generators can’t sell their stuff cheap works in consumers favour. The entire idea of marketising the retailers has never made sense to me. From what I can understand I could invent a free electricity source tomorrow and I’d be forced to sell it at the same rate as the most expensive electricity on the market.

wingy

They could certainly absorb the proposed increase by £500 next month.
They need to be told to do .

Nick

Administrator
With their profits going right up it looks as if they have just whacked their prices up, blamed a war in Russia and it's been allowed.

shmmeee

With their profits going right up it looks as if they have just whacked their prices up, blamed a war in Russia and it's been allowed.

Well it didn’t cost them any more to get out of the ground, just the market price went up because supply was constrained.

wingy

The producers is it.
Can't believe the labour party, should be marching over this as grendel says its Boris' vanity project and this his toll.
Start at double now treble and more ,enough.

wingy

Not forgetting Boris said after Brexit we all deserved a wage rise .well it seemed we were getting one but it's all been taken away ,how fortunate

wingy

Its going to be nine months now since the last big hike. they were predicting 6k bills.
Its been below the initial jump from that point since september.thats long enough to factor it in.
Again today in the papers have an expert in telling us it needs more time to factor in ,bollux you've had your profits and fun at our expense now FO and leave us alone.
Come on whats up with you.get on the streets .

Astute

Gov't must be getting a kickback
Most of the price of fuel is tax. You have the fuel tax and then the VAT which taxes the tax.

Fuel is cheap still if you consider that the oil has to be found, removed from the ground, transported to a refinery, refined then transported to a petrol station. You can pay more than that for water and that falls from the sky.

CCFCSteve

Most of the price of fuel is tax. You have the fuel tax and then the VAT which taxes the tax.

Fuel is cheap still if you consider that the oil has to be found, removed from the ground, transported to a refinery, refined then transported to a petrol station. You can pay more than that for water and that falls from the sky.

Agree with that but by all accounts the petrol stations are making more than double usual profit per litre since pandemic

wingy

Agree with that but by all accounts the petrol stations are making more than double usual profit per litre since pandemic
What he misunderstands is I'm on about gas ans electric.
It's gone up over 3times , should be going down but is going up again and it's hopeless to people who are on a fixed income.

CCFCSteve

What he misunderstands is I'm on about gas ans electric.
It's gone up over 3times , should be going down but is going up again and it's hopeless to people who are on a fixed income.

Yeah, I try to keep petrol/diesel and home energy separate. Either way both should be coming down ! Im sure it will improve soon Wingy

Grendel

Rugby has always been expensive compared to Coventry and other Warwickshire towns for as long as I can remember.

So many A demographic residents I guess

Terry Gibson's perm

Some irony from a government that takes the biggest piece of the pie in taxes.

JAM See

So turns out the supermarkets were just creaming more profits for themselves all along…

But, but, but...Those profits are paid as dividends which go into your pensions.

Rinse and repeat.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I remember a time not so long ago when the supermarkets were being criticised by the CMA for selling fuel at next-to-no margin whatsoever, and forcing independents out of business. They really can't win, can they?

Users who are viewing this thread