Full English (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

Most seem cardboard replicas like you'd get in a wetherspoons with measured ingredients. You can't beat an old school greasy spoon where you still get tinned plum tomatoes and not half a grilled one. Mushrooms also seems to be a thing of the past.

It's amazing how much of an after thought the tomato has become.

Canned plum tomatoes were way better.

Grilled can be ok if it's done properly but usually they are only done on one side and still rock hard on the underside 🤮

rondog1973

I'm not sure a grilled tomato being part of a Full English is a fad. I would rather have it than baked beans if they are indeed part of a Full English. Bacon, egg, sausage, mushrooms & grilled tomato with some toast & a cup of tea sounds like perfection to me.
Maybe not a fad but definitely more commonplace these days. Always find a delicious finale to any fry up is mopping up the tinned tomato juice with buttered bread/fried bread/toast and you can't do that with half a grilled tomato!

ovduk78

We did also try Ulster Fry in Belfast, probably my least favourite of the 3. Too much potato.

Haggis is seriously underrated breakfast food though. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
I would think a proper Full Scottish would be cooked totally in a deep fat fryer with the exception of the egg and there would be no tomato anywhere near it. I am not a fan of Haggis and it should be nowhere near anyone's breakfast.

Grendel

This isn’t really a very healthy thread is it

Brighton Sky Blue

I would think a proper Full Scottish would be cooked totally in a deep fat fryer with the exception of the egg and there would be no tomato anywhere near it. I am not a fan of Haggis and it should be nowhere near anyone's breakfast.
Used to have it on burgers too

Salivating Homer Simpson GIF

olderskyblue

The view-Henley in Arden. 👌
That’s top of my list at the moment. Been there for lunch, but not done breakfast there.

olderskyblue

Potato scone! That’s what it was! Not a pancake. Lovely stuff. Who needs hash browns?
Ahem, tatty scone…. According to my good lady (she should know)

AJB1983

Not been barn at berryfields, but Oakes farm shop in balsall common and the farm shop cafe at stoneleigh showground are particular favourites of mine - however not cheap.

need to try a few more to be fair.
Millsys always used to be good but not been for a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread