Further 10 point reduction etc. Would you .... (1 Viewer)

Voice_of_Reason

Hope this never happens but if this drags out would you accept a further 10 point (or more) deduction and possible relegation to Div 2 if it finally meant getting rid of SISU ?

Otis

Hope this never happens but if this drags out would you accept a further 10 point (or more) deduction and possible relegation to Div 2 if it finally meant getting rid of SISU ?

If it meant new owners with new investment and us playing here at the Rioch, then yes.

BrisbaneBronco

Yes because it would be better than starting from scratch with a new AFC Coventry etc.
But we would have to own the Ricoh outright, otherwise forget it, as back to square one, with outside parties dipping their noses in the trough of CCFC generated income.

jesus-wept

Brenden Guifoyle today mentioned a possible 15 point penalty should we not exit administration correctly. I think Otium (sisu) will try to use that threat for their own ends. Is that a price worth paying ? Well as we stand we have to be one of the favourites to go down anyway. Would a re-financed squad be good enough to be 15 points off a relegation spot, not sure. It might be a price we have to pay like it or not.

Astute

As I understand things we get a 10 point penalty anyway when we exit administration. This is correct, yes?

No. Most clubs only get hit once. If you go for admin when already relegated you get it the next season.

brinner

yes. Worrying thing is we will be in lge2 with them in charge soon if the footy lge let them pass the test

honestken

You want us to get rid of Sisu, even if it means going into League 2, so that Sisu don't take us into League Two?
well if we were in league 2 but had new owners id fancy our chances of slowly crawling back up to the championship over time.

if we get relegated to league 2 with sisu in charge then id be expecting another relegation to the confrence soon after with over £100 million of debt against us.

brinner

well if we were in league 2 but had new owners id fancy our chances of slowly crawling back up to the championship over time.

if we get relegated to league 2 with sisu in charge then id be expecting another relegation to the confrence soon after with over £100 million of debt against us.
cheers for answering that for me ;-)

lordsummerisle

We've had about 11 seasons now of "bouncing back" better and more able.

We don't appear to have what dowie would call "Bouncebackability" unfortunately.

Noggin

You want us to get rid of Sisu, even if it means going into League 2, so that Sisu don't take us into League Two?

Thats not as stupid as you make it sound.

take 15 point penalty, get relegated with new owners

start 2014 with hope in league 2 at the ricoh with 10k fans, the biggest budget in the league and a very strong chance of promotion, then 2015 we are back in League 1, crowds are rising, the club has the winning mentality and we can move forward into the future.

Or Stay with sisu.
2014 get relegated to League 2.
2015 start in league 2 with 2k fans in walsall with one of the worst budgets in the league, along with being tied to over valued players taking up a significant percentage of the budget. Struggle and over the next season or 2 there is even a decent chance of relegation to the conferance.

honestken

We've had about 11 seasons now of "bouncing back" better and more able.

We don't appear to have what dowie would call "Bouncebackability" unfortunately.
certainly not with sisu in charge.

it was a gradual decay in the championship until sisu took us over and speeded up the process!

Astute

Div2 with SISU or Div2 with new owners......let me think a few mins.............

stupot07

People already moan about being in league one calling it tin pot league and an embarrassment playing the likes of Hartlepool, bury, etc can't see them being to happy about playing league two football agains accrington Stanley, etc.

Astute

People already moan about being in league one calling it tin pot league and an embarrassment playing the likes of Hartlepool, bury, etc can't see them being to happy about playing league two football agains accrington Stanley, etc.

Stan who? .

italiahorse

What does exiting administration correctly mean ?

I guess if SISU do get the club there will be no financial arguments as long as they pay ACL.
If FL say no then I would say SISU would put up some financial arguments as the other parties will not agree to pay the full amount outstanding to SISU.

ccfcway

start 2014 with hope in league 2 at the ricoh with 10k fans, the biggest budget in the league and a very strong chance of promotion, then 2015 we are back in League 1.

what is this "success" you talk of.. I have never seen it

So with the foregone conclusion of our inevitable relegation now firmly the fault of our owners, does it now mean that Mr Pressley will now be allowed the necessary breathing space to try and build for the future amid such difficult circumstances and not get pilloried after 10 minutes of the first game, after all, the position we find ourselves in is not of his making, reading this thread tells you that.

fernandopartridge

I wouldn't.

We should have been promoted back to the Premier League at the first attempt. We weren't.

We should have been promoted back to the Championship at the first attempt. We weren't.

Repeat until we're in the Midland Alliance.

We shoul

cloughie

Thats not as stupid as you make it sound.

take 15 point penalty, get relegated with new owners

start 2014 with hope in league 2 at the ricoh with 10k fans, the biggest budget in the league and a very strong chance of promotion, then 2015 we are back in League 1, crowds are rising, the club has the winning mentality and we can move forward into the future.

Or Stay with sisu.
2014 get relegated to League 2.
2015 start in league 2 with 2k fans in walsall with one of the worst budgets in the league, along with being tied to over valued players taking up a significant percentage of the budget. Struggle and over the next season or 2 there is even a decent chance of relegation to the conferance.

Some appear to be all for this, as long as Sisu, who they don't support, stay in control

@richh87

I would. I hate SISU that much that I just want them gone and some sort of future.

They are scum. I think we all agree on that.

Grendel

[/B]Some appear to be all for this, as long as Sisu, who they don't support, stay in control

Some would be happy if ACL, who they don't support, will thrive and prosper whilst the club ends up going bust.

DaleM

So with the foregone conclusion of our inevitable relegation now firmly the fault of our owners, does it now mean that Mr Pressley will now be allowed the necessary breathing space to try and build for the future amid such difficult circumstances and not get pilloried after 10 minutes of the first game, after all, the position we find ourselves in is not of his making, reading this thread tells you that.

I bet he is sacked at xmas:mad:

magic82ball

Ide take liquidation and a phoenix club if meant SISU were fucked, but I'm not petty.

Grendel

Users who are viewing this thread