Future of Football? (1 Viewer)

with Football (the business) more important than Football (the game) the game is well out of touch with its origins, it had me thinking -

what exactly is to come of football, i believe it will eventually become like the Champions League where the 30 richest clubs across europe or the world will just play each other and abandon their own domestic leagues - but where will that leave us (smaller clubs)

i am in favour of adopting an NFL type approach where all the players come from smaller teams like in the US colleges, and at the end of schooling to go into a draft system where top teams get the lesser players (as such) allowing the other teams to compete,

also amongst other US sports all income in combined in a pot and split evenly amongst all teams to achieve fairness

i understand that by doing this only a certain amount of teams like 40 could ever compete which would cause uproar as currently there are 92 league clubs and masses of clubs under the current Football League Pyramid structure.

i not only support ccfc but love football as a whole but cannot see how it could be more fair and competive in the future without drastic change..

what do you all think?

wingy

with Football (the business) more important than Football (the game) the game is well out of touch with its origins, it had me thinking -

what exactly is to come of football, i believe it will eventually become like the Champions League where the 30 richest clubs across europe or the world will just play each other and abandon their own domestic leagues - but where will that leave us (smaller clubs)

i am in favour of adopting an NFL type approach where all the players come from smaller teams like in the US colleges, and at the end of schooling to go into a draft system where top teams get the lesser players (as such) allowing the other teams to compete,

also amongst other US sports all income in combined in a pot and split evenly amongst all teams to achieve fairness

i understand that by doing this only a certain amount of teams like 40 could ever compete which would cause uproar as currently there are 92 league clubs and masses of clubs under the current Football League Pyramid structure.

i not only support ccfc but love football as a whole but cannot see how it could be more fair and competive in the future without drastic change..

what do you all think?
Sounds like the model they use in speedway,where the bees Quite regularly build a team ,win the title ,but have reduce part of it so their averages are'nt to high ,they don't much like it and were in court and nearly barred from their league this season.myself rather than protect thes etop 40 teams i'd rather let them reach for oblivion ,as they eventually will, we may get cast aside at some point ,but have noticed how pleasurable the non league scene is, free to stand free have pint free parking ,free to smoke if you see fit ,its gonna bust sometime!

The modern game today particularly the Prem League is totally unsustainable in the medium/long term because of the culture of gross spending on: transfer fees, agents fees and players salaries. I have sent in many posts to SBT highlighting this fact which is resulting in too many clubs chasing too little reward, ie cups and titles, and gambling their entire finances to do so.

Like WINGY is suggesting watch lower league clubs - I occasionally watch Cov Sphinx (CCFC fixtures permitting) and find the level of football watchable and very entertaining (keep up the good work Danny McSheff)

So inevitably and surely the modern game will cease as we know it with the nonsense of £50M transfer fees (Torres) and £13M salaries (Rooney) finally exhausted because there aint no money left.

If/When it happens I'll get a season ticket for Cov Sphinx and be contented.

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread