Game sharers face legal crackdown (1 Viewer)

ccfc1987

:eek::eek:

A British woman who put a game on a file-sharing network has been ordered to pay damages to the game's creator.
Topware Interactive has won more than £16,000 following legal action against Isabella Barwinska of London, who shared a copy of Dream Pinball 3D.
Three other suspected sharers of the game are awaiting damages hearings. The test case could open the floodgates for litigation against thousands of other Britons suspected of sharing the game.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7568642.stm

daveccfc

I have seen this. Why don't they go after the big boys who sell pirates etc?

tehspecialone

Facebook User
I don't really see why they don't go after the people uploading music, TV shows and what not. I know there are a few ways to hide what you do, such as encryption and other things, but it shouldn't be too hard to stop people uploading stuff instead of moaning about and punishing the people who download it.

Nick

Administrator
It really depends on what level you are supplying this stuff! If the woman was running a massive piracy ring I can understand it but a person who downloads a game, 16k is a bit much to be honest!

She should use news groups with 256bit SSL ;)

Deanoaka

It will be too long winded for each game developer to go into court against every single file sharer. They need to hit the sites such as piratebay (i for one, hope they dont ;) )

Nick

Administrator
It will be too long winded for each game developer to go into court against every single file sharer. They need to hit the sites such as piratebay (i for one, hope they dont ;) )

That is what I mean, they should hit the big boys!

Users who are viewing this thread